Presidential debates!! 2012

Lue C Fur

Evil member
And from the inventor of the internet...

Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama's debate performance

Read more: Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama's debate performance | Fox News

Is the Loony left really this stupid???

th_chimplaughgif.gif

th_chimplaughgif.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll get beat up for this I know but oh well. I will not vote Obama this year no way no how. Don't care for Romney all that much either. One of my big problems with him is he is a Mormon. Before u bash me have u read the book of Mormon? Honestly the fact that anyone actually believes what is taught in this book is troubling. It's somewhat cultish if you ask me. With that said ill vote for Romney he knows business and can turn the economy around I believe. I don't care if you believe or don't believe or if u think aliens will all take us to the mother ship one day. None of that's means squat as far as running the country.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll get beat up for this I know but oh well. I will not vote Obama this year no way no how. Don't care for Romney all that much either. One of my big problems with him is he is a Mormon. Before u bash me have u read the book of Mormon? Honestly the fact that anyone actually believes what is taught in this book is troubling. It's somewhat cultish if you ask me. With that said ill vote for Romney he knows business and can turn the economy around I believe. I don't care if you believe or don't believe or if u think aliens will all take us to the mother ship one day. None of that's means squat as far as running the country.

Have you read the Bible lately... talk about a cult!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All religions are cults bro, when you look at any of them from the outside they are all pretty weird with their various creation stories, imaginary friends, and magical fairylands. Mormonism isn't really any stranger, it's just newer. A majority of the population believes in the supernatural, so for the foreseeable future you might as well resign yourself to having elected leaders who believe there is an invisible man in the sky. I've made my peace with it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I hear ya but, for a short time I did belong to the Mormon church. The Pearl of price kind of just went along with the Bible, and explained things further. In a way I could better understand. In my church the Bible was used, with addendums. There was no polygamy. Very family oriented but I dropped out because I chose to use birth control. In this age, even then there is no reason to be held hostage by your reproductive system. not abortion, birth control. Love kids but didnt want a dozen. And I was working preload, couold not do that without caffeine, Postum just didnt do it. So I have beliefs, now, dont attend regularly, but believe in something. When I do go its to Catholic, as I must take my grandkids when they come visit. But I am baptist in my youth and now. I did not ever see it as cultish, just not my cup of coffee..
V

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All religions are cults bro, when you look at any of them from the outside they are all pretty weird with their various creation stories, imaginary friends, and magical fairylands. Mormonism isn't really any stranger, it's just newer. A majority of the population believes in the supernatural, so for the foreseeable future you might as well resign yourself to having elected leaders who believe there is an invisible man in the sky. I've made my peace with it.

Completely agree. I've thought about going into politics at some point but the fact that all I believe is we turn to dust when it's over means many people would immediately not vote for me.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Completely agree. I've thought about going into politics at some point but the fact that all I believe is we turn to dust when it's over means many people would immediately not vote for me.
Crazy isn't it? The fact that you don't believe in a supernatural being pretty much bars you from being elected to national office.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For me, like most democrats, I was dissapointed with the presidents performance. Not because he was weak on substance, but weak in presentation.

One of the things that I dont like about President Obama is his insistence on being a nice guy. He wants to be everyones friend AND HE JUST CANT.

He needed to come out with some fire in his voice and he fell flat. While he was great with this facts, he was weak in responding.

My real problem was with Jim Lehrers performance, he might as well have not have been there. He lost control of the debate right from the start.

Despite clear rules on speaking, he couldnt control either man and each ran over the time limits.

As for Romney, in the short run, he clearly wins the short run after the debate, but in the long run, what he said will cost him. His positions on taxes was completely false, and his explanation was nothing more than a play on words.

The president was absolutely correct in saying that a 20% cut in rate for the top 1% would punch a 5 trillon dollar hole in the revenue stream and IF NOT made up elsewhere, would add to the deficit. Romney wanted to talk about a hypothetical explanation that he would not add to the deficit, but what he WOULD NOT ADMIT was the actual breakdown of his tax plan that would end up hurting middle class americans.

He WILL NOT admit the deductions he will eliminate that will ultimately hurt middle class americans like the mortgage deduction, child tax credits, daycare deductions, uncovered health care costs, state sales taxes, rental property deductions, college tuition credits and workplace deductions like shoes, clothing, union dues, telephone, miles and such.

Instead, he just says he wont add to the deficit. Why wont he just admit these deductions will be eliminated?

And, if he did, would you still vote for him? Seriously? If you knew that all of these deductions will be eliminated, and it hurt you financially, would you still vote for ROMNEY?

Id love to know.

peace

TOS

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's not that you can't "not believe", it's that you can't say that you don't believe.
Good point, but assuming that to be the case look at all the trouble you have to go through just to maintain the facade; going to church every Sunday, leading public prayers, talking ad nauseum about your "faith" to a succession of interviewers and talk show hosts. I couldn't do it.

wkmac

Good point, but assuming that to be the case look at all the trouble you have to go through just to maintain the facade; going to church every Sunday, leading public prayers, talking ad nauseum about your "faith" to a succession of interviewers and talk show hosts. I couldn't do it.

You raise a good point as well and neither could I but then don't most politicians lead fake lives at some level already so what's one more element? Don't politicians say one thing to one audience, something else to another and then when confronted with the contradiction, they use some apologetic gymnastics to twist out of the situation?

Besides, how many christians sit in the pews on Sunday and the rest of the week conduct their lives in stark contrast to what Jesus actually taught? So how hard is it really to be a fake?