Presidential debates!! 2012

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He basically said that if he tells Congress what his guidelines are, they come up with the specifics.
You tell someone (like obama does) it is my way or the highway and you will get very little done.
Romney had a mostly Democratic Legislature but got things done because he set out guidelines and let his Democratic Legislature come up with the way to do it.

GUESS WHAT? THis IS WHAT A REAL LEADER DOES. This is what Mitt Romney did in MA. and the proven results are documented in the successful legislation and upward success that the most liberal state in the union had under his LEADERSHIP.

BO gets no respect because his talk does not match his actions. He tells the world that he is willing to listen to ALL ideas and then he does not meet with Republicans. He goes to the media and tells them that the Republicans are stonewalling him. Ba ha ha. Very little BO says matches what he actually does. How can you respect someone like this? The answer is, you can't.

Leaders bring people together not try to divide and conquer them.

Your observation is pretty much in line with some rich Democrats in high-level management positions that I have talked to.
Their main criticism and observation of Obama is that did not work well with others and did not bring people together to solve problems or get things done.

As an aside, I am amazed that these very rich people are Democrats.
They all worked very hard to get where they are, yet they support a system that rewards people that do not work hard and waste whatever funds they do have.
I have accepted the fact that there are things I will never understand in this life ... my wife for one. :knockedout:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your observation is pretty much in line with some rich Democrats in high-level management positions that I have talked to.
Their main criticism and observation of Obama is that did not work well with others and did not bring people together to solve problems or get things done.

As an aside, I am amazed that these very rich people are Democrats.
They all worked very hard to get where they are, yet they support a system that rewards people that do not work hard and waste whatever funds they do have.
I have accepted the fact that there are things I will never understand in this life ... my wife for one. :knockedout:

Wal-Mart receives plenty of it's sales from food stamps. Is it hard to understand all of these types of mere coincidences adding up? :D

UnconTROLLed

perfection
gov't limits competition so giant firms and corporations can reap the cyclical rewards. Those rewards are kicked back to the cronies to continue the cycle.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
gov't limits competition so giant firms and corporations can reap the cyclical rewards. Those rewards are kicked back to the cronies to continue the cycle.

It appears that way at times.
Democrats and Republicans allow this.

It takes three major players to create true competition.

AT&T and Verizon rates are ridiculous since they bought up their competitors.

DHL's entry in the small package transportation was a concern a couple years ago

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It appears that way at times.
Democrats and Republicans allow this.

It takes three major players to create true competition.

AT&T and Verizon rates are ridiculous since they bought up their competitors.

DHL's entry in the small package transportation was a concern a couple years ago
As Ross Perot once pointed out, the avg Senator will listen to the lobbyist with moneybags, before the average working American.

wkmac

As Ross Perot once pointed out, the avg Senator will listen to the lobbyist with moneybags, while never listening to the average working American.

Hope you don't mind but I felt this more reflective of reality. And it's gotten worse since Perot said it anyway.
;)

jitender1975

I'm an independent- and ex-republican. I will vote for the best man of either party, because I value character and honor above all other qualifications. While I was already planning to vote Obama, this little identity charade removed any doubt.

brett636

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear that these debates will be Obama's biggest hurdle in this election, and quite possibly his own administration's undoing. The fact of the matter is Romney is too intelligent and prepared for Obama to overcome in any of the debates. Obama is really a media created sensation who I look at as a "big hat, no cattle" sort of character. He may seem intelligent, he me seem well meaning and well spoken, but beyond that great speaking voice is a vast cavern devoid of all the qualities the media had built Obama's persona on. I'm certain Obama will come out "swinging" in the next debate, but Romney is no fool and will have 3 zingers prepared for every one attack Obama can muster. While Obama's media friends pat themselves on the back for protecting him by not reporting the actions of his administration over the last 4 years Romney is well aware of what has occurred and will use it against Obama at every turn. This will come as a shock to the American people who will hear the truth for the first time souring their opinion of Obama and reducing the likelihood of his re-election. Unlike Obama the people of this great nation still love it and wish it to succeed which is exactly the chord Romney will play on.

I for one cannot wait for the next debate, and will enjoy watching Romney's bounce continue all the way till election day.

brett636

I'm an independent- and ex-republican. I will vote for the best man of either party, because I value character and honor above all other qualifications. While I was already planning to vote Obama, this little identity charade removed any doubt.

Fascinating, so you have abandoned all your previously held principles on political issues and replaced them with ones that are highly subjective and biased based on ones own personal beliefs. I will entertain this idea that you are an independent if you can answer me this question. What is honorable about administering a government program which arms the Mexican drug cartels allowing the murder of countless innocent Mexicans, and atleast one border patrol agent and then hiding the evidence to cover for the guilty parties involved? People are literally dead from an attempt to push forth a political agenda, and my guess is Obama sleeps well at night knowing this. How does one derive a high level of character from this obvious cover up?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Funny how indefensible Romney is to the Republican base, all they attempt to do is point out the obvious weaknesses of Obama. There is little to no difference between the two in most major areas, especially socially, and both are neo-cons when it comes to fp. Debates: two stooges going back and forth at each other, all a bunch of the same noise and false promises with different rhetoric.

wkmac

Funny how indefensible Romney is to the Republican base, all they attempt to do is point out the obvious weaknesses of Obama. There is little to no difference between the two in most major areas, especially socially, and both are neo-cons when it comes to fp. Debates: two stooges going back and forth at each other, all a bunch of the same noise and false promises with different rhetoric.

Good post Sleeve! The whole thing is a false choice that insures an outcome either way.

election_500.jpg

brett636

I read this post, and the words of Neil Boortz, a self proclaimed libertarian, come to mind. "If you think there is no difference between Romney and Obama then you simply are not paying attention."

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I read this post, and the words of Neil Boortz, a self proclaimed libertarian, come to mind. "If you think there is no difference between Romney and Obama then you simply are not paying attention."
That's because you only read selectively and in a biased way, that does not reflect the actual dialogue you are quoting or referring to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good post Sleeve! The whole thing is a false choice that insures an outcome either way.

election_500.jpg
It is an illusion of choice. People buy into it and feel as though they made an important choice, decision, purchase...whatever the feeling is.

No different than buying a pair of oakley sunglasses, and telling someone their Ray-Bans are a lesser brand, or less fashionable. ...both "brands" are monopolized by the same eyewar conglomerate...illusion of choice.

brett636

That's because you only read selectively and in a biased way, that does not reflect the actual dialogue you are quoting or referring to.

Lol, so you are the only one who can infer the true meaning of the statement I highlighted? Like most conservatives I have the unique understanding that logically only one of two people can occupy the white house after January 20th, 2013, and the differences between those two people are so vast that you could fit the grand canyon between their ideological viewpoints. You either support the pro liberty, pro small government candidate Romney, or the pro communist candidate Obama. Those are the only two outcomes of the November 6th election, and to say it doesn't matter who wins only displays your ignorance on this very important subject.