Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

upschuck

Imagine a scenario where idiots are pulling the money out of the 401k match every year like it's part of their pay. You know people would do it, there's tons of debt slaves around here. Maybe they end up accepting less in raises because of it....

I know people don't like how the pension is managed, but it's a safety net, just like social security. I like having it.
Mine is in ups's control, and I like that, they are more stable, and will have money to disburse, when the robots take over all aspects of delivery of packages.

upschuck

I agree with the monetary suicide. Our Local has been conservative. Seeing the numbers of some of the other locals pensions shows they are substantially higher monthly. Everyone would love to have that higher amount, but just like a 401k, burn through it faster each month our be conservative so you can live comfortably the rest of your life. But our Local has managed to keep our fund solidly funded and gives us a lot less worries of having our pension cut.
And the higher payouts would never agree to a manageable lower payout, instead would rather bankrupt the fund. The government payout is something like 60% in multiemployer funds, and much higher in single employer funds.

F

Frankie's Friend

Imagine a scenario where idiots are pulling the money out of the 401k match every year like it's part of their pay. You know people would do it, there's tons of debt slaves around here. Maybe they end up accepting less in raises because of it....

I know people don't like how the pension is managed, but it's a safety net, just like social security. I like having it.
Ssfety net for Cent States? Ok
20180304_144838.jpg

ski or die

Ski or Die
The problem with the pension was , during the good years they kept rasing he monthly payout instead of issuing a 13th check.
Our local held our monthly pension steady and did not increase the payout. But the first few years I retired, every December we would receive a bonus check. This happened before economy soured. After the downturn, the local discontinued the bonus. Our local had and still have been able to keep ours in the green.

Our local held our monthly pension steady and did not increase the payout. But the first few years I retired, every December we would receive a bonus check. This happened before economy soured. After the downturn, the local discontinued the bonus. Our local had and still have been able to keep ours in the green.
Many locals didn't do that. They just raised the monthly payout. Now it's too late to fix it.

Last edited: