Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

upschuck

I just don't believer ups will balance everyone out. They have the upper hand. They know they have the teamsters by the nuts. They will look for a lot in return. The union has no choice. In the end
I don't believe it for a second, because some would have to be lowered.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Out 401k plan is pretty strict compared to many others.

Bottom line, that my money! Part of my pay package. I worked for it and earned it.
Imagine a scenario where idiots are pulling the money out of the 401k match every year like it's part of their pay. You know people would do it, there's tons of debt slaves around here. Maybe they end up accepting less in raises because of it....

I know people don't like how the pension is managed, but it's a safety net, just like social security. I like having it.

ski or die

Ski or Die
This issue right here is why pensions will not be the same nationwide. Because nobody wants to take the cut, so others can have more. And raising them to the top payer is monetary suicide.
I agree with the monetary suicide. Our Local has been conservative. Seeing the numbers of some of the other locals pensions shows they are substantially higher monthly. Everyone would love to have that higher amount, but just like a 401k, burn through it faster each month our be conservative so you can live comfortably the rest of your life. But our Local has managed to keep our fund solidly funded and gives us a lot less worries of having our pension cut.