Putin Biden Ukraine Negotiations

bbsam

Staff member
Just saw on a site called World Population Review that as of 2022 the U.S. is #3 behind Russia and Saudi Arabia. And since we are the world's biggest oil consumer that makes us very dependent on foreign oil. There's a reason gas prices at the pump are so high and it falls squarely on the Biden administration.
The article I posted was from Valentine’s Day this year.

There really is no such thing as “foreign oil” when it comes to price. It’s not like US producers sell cheaper in the US. We are the largest producers but our production is more expensive.

There is a reason gas prices are so high. A robust world economy. Is that a bad thing? Or are you saying the world is in an economic downturn?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

There really is no such thing as “foreign oil” when it comes to price. It’s not like US producers sell cheaper in the US. We are the largest producers but our production is more expensive.

There is a reason gas prices are so high. A robust world economy. Is that a bad thing? Or are you saying the world is in an economic downturn?
True, but you have to factor in the per capita part.... We produce more, but we use a :censored2:load more and not just for fuel.

vantexan

China, Europe, and the U.S. are on the brink of a major downturn. But I digress. The U.S. WAS the #1 producer. We're #3 now, but still by far the biggest consumer. We went from needing some foreign oil to needing a lot. And our costs went up accordingly.

bbsam

Staff member
What was the price when Obama left office? Did it stay that high all through Trump's presidency or did it only go lower in 2020?
I think I’ve provided plenty of evidence that suggests that oil prices are determined by several different actors. The president of the United States really doesn’t factor into it that much.

vantexan

I think I’ve provided plenty of evidence that suggests that oil prices are determined by several different actors. The president of the United States really doesn’t factor into it that much.
Trump removed a huge regulatory burden put on by Obama executive orders. Mattered. Biden hammered the U.S. oil industry. Mattered.

bbsam

Staff member
Trump removed a huge regulatory burden put on by Obama executive orders. Mattered. Biden hammered the U.S. oil industry. Mattered.
And the Saudis and Russians didn’t care. US producers probably didn’t either. They need prices to be up far higher than the other producers.

vantexan

And the Saudis and Russians didn’t care. US producers probably didn’t either. They need prices to be up far higher than the other producers.
They were making profits. But now they can't even get at oil on Federal land to make profits due to Biden. Yep, they definitely need higher prices now to turn a profit.

El Correcto

god is dead
There’s a difference between being a net exporter of crude oil and being the largest producer of “petroleum products”.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They were making profits. But now they can't even get at oil on Federal land to make profits due to Biden. Yep, they definitely need higher prices now to turn a profit.
Biden has been called "God's gift to Big Oil".
His "policies" and Executive Orders amount to "hostility towards the hydrocarbon industry"...
(Which is driving up the prices and infuriating consumers)

There are loads of articles printed from "experts", but they all point to the same thing as the near and long term problem: Biden

bbsam

Staff member
Biden has been called "God's gift to Big Oil".
His "policies" and Executive Orders amount to "hostility towards the hydrocarbon industry"...
(Which is driving up the prices and infuriating consumers)

There are loads of articles printed from "experts", but they all point to the same thing as the near and long term problem: Biden

bacha29

But wait!!
Pathetic Joe is talking about holding a Summit on the issue!

Don’t worry!
The historical similarities are astounding. Xi is Tojo. Putin is Hitler. Biden at least for the time being is Neville Chamberlain. Now you "conservatives" all seem eager to jump into another world war . The last one hilled 78 million people. The US which at the time was a country of only 138 million had 405,00 killed twice that many wounded . The history of European wars has one common thread. The inability to contain them to within the borders of just one nation.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The historical similarities are astounding. Xi is Tojo. Putin is Hitler. Biden at least for the time being is Neville Chamberlain. Now you "conservatives" all seem eager to jump into another world war . The last one hilled 78 million people. The US which at the time was a country of only 138 million had 405,00 killed twice that many wounded . The history of European wars has one common thread. The inability to contain them to within the borders of just one nation.
Who said anything about jumping in to WWIII?
If we need someone pathetic and oblivious, we got him.
Are you happy now?

vantexan

Where the hell are you getting conservatives are eager to get us into a world war?