Question about paying drivers: Fedex vs. UPS

hypo hanna

Its not meant for you to live "decent". It's what you can get by on. I'm not the one that uses the "Express doesn't pay a livable wage" argument. Just pointing out facts.

By that standard children picking through garbage dumps in India are making a living wage. They are still getting by right?

DontThrowPackages

By that standard children picking through garbage dumps in India are making a living wage. They are still getting by right?
Corporations would love to see this happen to Americans. When they see one of their workers buying a new car or owning a home, in their minds that employee is making too much money and that money should be going into the pockets of CEOs

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Post of the year!!! Let's recap.

-Driving test and a vision test are considered secondary education.

-Couriers are comparable to professional athletes.

​Love it!

Or perhaps a Ground Contractor cannot differentiate similarities. Wouldn't be the first, nor the last time.

Keep swinging...you'll hit one sooner or later.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Very well said. A lot of people don't realize the price for mistreating others. It's not money you'll be forced to pay back.

When the bill comes, no amount of corporate maneuvering, legal action or reimbursement will suffice. You'll have to fork over a chunk of yourself.

Everyday I see rich, successful people that might as well be in prison. They can buy anything but a clean soul.
Bro, I work 50 hours per week minimum and just took a 20% pay cut. I'm salaried at 520 per week now. Find some other thing to put your money into. I'm sure you have honest intentions, but this place is a risky venture. The guys in my terminal barely make above minimum wage. Even if you become a successful contractor, what will the measure of your life be? Money? What satisfaction will this give to you? There are so many other rewarding opportunities. Even if you have honest intentions and could turn a decent profit, think about the model you are perpetuating. UPS gives their guys more than enough to live on, plus benefits because they have a strong union. You will be part of the equation that pushes long hours for low pay and no benefits. Don't do that to one or two or five drivers please. True, those drivers may end up working at some other entry level job, but what if they didn't? Being a driver for those wages has broken my body and my mind. Please consider the implications of what you are doing. There is also every chance you could get screwed on the deal. Invest in a rewarding career for yourself, save the money, or if you like the idea of a franchise, look at something like fast food.