Rail strike

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
They would have sick days if the Republicans didn't block the bill. I do not know what is so hard to understand about that.

Because the Republicans are * and so is Mr. 10% for getting Congress involved in the first place.

The government should not be involved in labor disputes at all but they've been doing it since Andrew Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They voted 221-207 on an additional resolution that would guarantee seven days of paid sick leave for rail workers. All Democratic House members voted yes on this resolution, and three Republicans joined. Those Republican congressmen who voted for sick leave were Don Bacon (R-Neb.), Brian K. Fitzpatrick (R-Penn.), and John Katko (R-NY).

Six Senate Republicans voted for the sick leave measure: Sens. Mike Braun (Ind.), Ted Cruz (Texas), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Josh Hawley (Mo.), John Kennedy (La.) and Marco Rubio (Fla.).

Grand total of 3 Republicans in the house. And 6 in the Senate supported giving the rail workers sick leave.
So Democrats voted to strip them of their right to bargain on their contract, and imposed one on them with no sick days.

It's almost like neither party actually cares about unions....

Okay, carry on.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Because the Republicans are * and so is Mr. 10% for getting Congress involved in the first place.

The government should not be involved in labor disputes at all but they've been doing it since Andrew Jackson
if you believe a union should have the power to shut down or cause the economy to go into a recession then you’re sick. I feel for the railroad workers, but I don’t want to suffer because they can’t get sick days.

Stepping in to mediate was the right thing for all parties including America.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah
if you believe a union should have the power to shut down or cause the economy to go into a recession then you’re sick. I feel for the railroad workers, but I don’t want to suffer because they can’t get sick days.

Not a chance. This is bad for unions and bad for the free market.

We must allow private parties to settle their own disputes, and unions to strike if companies bargain in bad faith.

We must allow private parties to settle their own disputes, and unions to strike if companies bargain in bad faith.
Which is why you have an independent mediator. The RR shouldn't be allowed to harm the National Interest by refusing to negotiate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

So you don't think we should have the right to strike either?

Yikes.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈

Not if it causes innocent people to be harmed. What if the strike caused 1000s of ups union members to lose their job, including yourself. As well as the economy to be in recession, with little to no hiring activity. Would it be worth it to “allow private parties to settle their own disputes.” Then?

There is no reason for a shoot out to take place. The government needs to step in to prevent a train wreck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not if it causes innocent people to be harmed. What if the strike caused 1000s of ups union members to lose their job, including yourself. As well as the economy to be in recession, with little to no hiring activity. Would it be worth it to “allow private parties to settle their own disputes.” Then?

There is no reason for a shoot out to take place. The government needs to step in to prevent a train wreck.

Then what leverage do bargaining unit members have If you give up the right to strike

HyperBrn

Agree. In this day and age, the government getting involved in union disputes makes the unions weaker. If The company (ies) can count on Congressional intervention to stop a union from striking, then there is nothing stopping the company(ies) from low balling the union(s) at the negotiation table.

Maybe Congress will force the company(ies) to make a few concessions in order to broker a deal. But the deal will certainly be more corporation friendly than union friendly.

Just one more step towards union breaking.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
So you don't think we should have the right to strike either?

Yikes.
I personally believe you have the right to quit. That sends a bigger message than standing outside, looking like panhandlers all while the rest of us are suffering. That’s my opinion.

to be rational here. strike if you want to strike, but you can’t strike and hurt everybody else’s because you want sick days. make your money, save it and quit when the time is right. When the company can’t get there employees to stay and are sending billions on training new hires, then they will get the message. Striking is a quick fix to help a few thousand people while hurting hundreds of million of Americans.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here I thought no one was a bigger chicken :censored2: than Biden

Brownslave688

I personally believe you have the right to quit. That sends a bigger message than standing outside looking like panhandlers while destroying the economy. That’s my opinion.

to be rational here. strike if you want to strike, but you can’t strike and hurt everybody else’s because you want sick days. make your money, save it and quit when the time is right. When the company can’t get there employees to stay and are sending billions on training new hires, then they will get the message. Striking is a quick fix to help a few thousand people while hurting hundreds of million of Americans.
Imagine blaming workers for not wanting to be on call 24/7/365 and letting the railroad companies off Scott free

Or better yet the companies using the railroads to move goods for having zero contingency plans apparently. Why? Because why would they need contingency plans when they knew the president wouldn’t let a strike happen?

Biden screwed the workers the second he stepped in and forced them to vote on a contract so it wouldn’t interrupt the precious election.

Nah

Layoffs due to a rail strike would likely be temporary. Once the trains are moving again, the work would come back. You're kidding yourself if you don't think we're heading into a recession anyway. Yes, private parties should still handle their own disputes.

And if the government had to step in, why couldn't they ask the workers what they wanted and impose that on the companies, instead of the other way around?

Brownslave688

Layoffs due to a rail strike would likely be temporary. Once the trains are moving again, the work would come back. You're kidding yourself if you don't think we're heading into a recession anyway. Yes, private parties should still handle their own disputes.

And if the government had to step in, why couldn't they ask the workers what they wanted and impose that on the companies, instead of the other way around?

How long do we really think a strike would have lasted. I would bet not more than a few days.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Imagine blaming workers for not wanting to be on call 24/7/365 and letting the railroad companies off Scott free

Or better yet the companies using the railroads to move goods for having zero contingency plans apparently. Why? Because why would they need contingency plans when they knew the president wouldn’t let a strike happen?

Biden screwed the workers the second he stepped in and forced them to vote on a contract so it wouldn’t interrupt the precious election.

You’re blaming the wrong person when there are hundreds of republicans congressman who down voted for the provision you speak of. Most likely, some of the congressmen you voted for and will continue to vote for.

Again, I feel for the railroad workers and know their work conditions are not right and haven’t been for a long time. but I know for sure it’s not Biden’s fault. The railroad workers need to make plans for a mass resignation. Government can’t help you, the union can’t hep you, but the railroad workers coming together can help themselves.