Raise In A Couple of Weeks!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
so you wouldnt like to continue with a lower tax rate? Bottomsup is happy his went up

Happy or unhappy dosent enter into the equation. 6.2% has been the normal tax rate for years,and this year the rate has gone back to normal. I'm glad I had the chance to invest more last year. now THAT I am happy about

tourists24

Happy or unhappy dosent enter into the equation. 6.2% has been the normal tax rate for years,and this year the rate has gone back to normal. I'm glad I had the chance to invest more last year. now THAT I am happy about
ahhh... so lower tax rates are a good thing then.... just checking

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
ahhh... so lower tax rates are a good thing then.... just checking
Both Congress and the President felt the lower tax rate on Social Security could not be sustained more than one year so in this particular case No, a lower tax rate is not a good thing

working up a sweat

40% of FICA benefactors are under 62. They collect because they are "depressed" or have "PTSD". Pull the wagon harder my working friends and pay more. Social Security is not just for granpa and granma anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If $20/week is causing you this much anxiety you have much bigger financial issues.

The indirect stimulus was meant to be short-term----it wasn't working and it made sense to let it expire.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually it had worked but fiscal responsibility dictates that temporary cuts and expire and everyone should grow up and understand the meaning of the word.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
40% of FICA benefactors are under 62. They collect because they are "depressed" or have "PTSD". Pull the wagon harder my working friends and pay more. Social Security is not just for granpa and granma anymore.

The numbers are easily accessible online, and aren't even close to 40%. Nonetheless, those collecting social security disability checks under 62 are receiving only small payments.

big idea

hmmm.... glad you are.... my how people dont mind at certain times and are furious at other times.... maybe you'd like to pick up my portion then....

If you are struggling continue to go to your local soup kitchen.If your not going start now.This is one way to get someone else to pick up your portion of the tax.Don't get to the soup kitchen to late cuz they could run out.Not to many things are guarantied.

J

jibbs

I am a Pt'er and make just a little south of $22.00 per hour ,with benefits,and a pension. And it is a part time job for heaven's sake !

And I'm a part-timer with no benefits making $10.50 an hour. I'm not complaining, just helping paint the obvious picture that not all part-timers are speaking from the same position.

/derailment

Personally, I'm fine with the taxes. It's a part of life... so long as I'm not being singled out then I truthfully don't mind. My issues lie with the loopholes and cracks in our tax system that people can exploit in order to pay less than their fair share, but that doesn't seem to be the subject here.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Make 14.14 an hour with benefits. This economy couldnt handle higher taxes, buisness owners are scared enough to pay taxes on their workers already.

Yet, I would pay higher taxes just to get out of state a federal jury duty.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I love that Republicans here think their Republicans in Washington had nothing to do with the FICA hike. Nice revision stroke.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It doesn't matter which party is in power, they're all bought and paid for by someone. And it travels back and forth over the decades as to whom has the people "more" in mind than the other. It looks like the shift is moving back to the Democrats for the next little while. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be taxed any more than I am now. The spending is out of control. If the government were a household, that household would have been bankrupt every 7 years. I believe a government should spend money, don't get me wrong. The FED is a creator of innovation not necessarily jobs. NASA was FED and the tech invented from them is household daily use. Upkeep of our streets and power grid (if they did it) is necessary and creates a job. It has to be done. But it shouldn't be as rampant as it is. I don't think we need to build or rebuild other countries up until we are on solid ground first. Don't need the blind leading the blind.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I doubt you'll be complaining when you begin collecting Social Security and Medicare.

Sure he will. He'll be bellyaching about how the government screwed up his SS and his Medicare. You're just wasting time arguing with people like this. They only see the AM radio side of the argument instead of the real world side. I was just arguing with a conservative friend yesterday about freedom issues. He said no one had the right to say anything about his smoking. He said the government had no right to infringe upon his right to do what he wanted. I said I agreed. But I asked him why I, and the rest of US taxpayers, had to pay the medical care he will require for his inevitable health issues if and when he turns 65. He refused to acknowledge that US taxpayers eventually will soak up the health care for smokers once they get on Medicare. No amount of arguing could convince him.

This guy is no different.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
No one wants to admit to their consequences since they are young and invincible. Or they figure they paid into the system so it doesn't matter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Make 14.14 an hour with benefits. This economy couldnt handle higher taxes, buisness owners are scared enough to pay taxes on their workers already.

Yet, I would pay higher taxes just to get out of state a federal jury duty.

Really?!?!? Jury duty is that awful to you?

There are plenty of ways to get out of it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I doubt you'll be complaining when you begin collecting Social Security and Medicare.

Sure he will. He'll be bellyaching about how the government screwed up his SS and his Medicare. You're just wasting time arguing with people like this. They only see the AM radio side of the argument instead of the real world side. I was just arguing with a conservative friend yesterday about freedom issues. He said no one had the right to say anything about his smoking. He said the government had no right to infringe upon his right to do what he wanted. I said I agreed. But I asked him why I, and the rest of US taxpayers, had to pay the medical care he will require for his inevitable health issues if and when he turns 65. He refused to acknowledge that US taxpayers eventually will soak up the health care for smokers once they get on Medicare. No amount of arguing could convince him.

This guy is no different.

Medicare is certainly needed. SS on the other hand the government has screwed up something terrible. Not just dems but reps too. They have borrowed against it over and over again.

If you or I or anyone else were to take that 6% that goes towards SS and invest it when we retired we would end up with far more money than the government will give us when we retire. If I could opt out right now and just let them keep everything I put in I would do that in a heartbeat.