Random testing, FedEx Express

Bigdawg52

Hey all,

I'm a swing (dot) non cdl courier for a mid sized station with around 50-60 employees.

I've been clean for a while, but what exactly is express' drug testing policy? Is a failed drug test an automatic termination or what? Also do we do random tests or is it only suspicion based?

I've only been tested twice, once for hiring, once for a promotion.

Been with the company two years and am very close with my management just wanted to be clear, thanks.

Express Courier

Of course you are fired on a positive test lol.

Yes they random test swings. I see it much less than in the past but I still see them yank someone off road to test them on occasion. It's random.

I was a swing for 5+ years and never got tested.

Bigdawg52

Of course you are fired on a positive test lol.

Yes they random test swings. I see it much less than in the past but I still see them yank someone off road to test them on occasion. It's random.

Yeah, i thought that it wasn't necessarily a death sentence but if you're up front with them and tell them they have alternatives: like drug therapy or things like that, is that a load of bull? Also how long have you been with the company and how many times have you been randomly tested?

Express Courier

Yeah, i thought that it wasn't necessarily a death sentence but if you're up front with them and tell them they have alternatives: like drug therapy or things like that, is that a load of bull? Also how long have you been with the company and how many times have you been randomly tested?
You can tell them you have a drug problem and not get fired but you can't pull that card if they just told you to go get tested. Been there 11 years was only tested when I got hired.

Bounty

Hey all,

I'm a swing (dot) non cdl courier for a mid sized station with around 50-60 employees.

I've been clean for a while, but what exactly is express' drug testing policy? Is a failed drug test an automatic termination or what? Also do we do random tests or is it only suspicion based?

I've only been tested twice, once for hiring, once for a promotion.

Been with the company two years and am very close with my management just wanted to be clear, thanks.
Again, grow up and stop the bs. You should be fired just for asking!

outtatime

Already on that haha, just curious though because i used to have a problem with marijuana and I'm a large guy
This makes no sense. What do you mean "already on that"? Then you say you used to have a problem and a large guy. If you passed a drug test those other two times, why would you not pass one now? Don't forget, if you get into an accident while working you will be immediately required to go take a test. Refusal is termination, no questions asked.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Swing drivers are placed in a separate 'pool' of candidates for randoms, so your likelihood of being tested is much higher than for a courier. Was a swing for 7+ Years at a major station, and could expect to be handed the paperwork at least twice a year there.

Bigdawg52

This makes no sense. What do you mean "already on that"? Then you say you used to have a problem and a large guy. If you passed a drug test those other two times, why would you not pass one now? Don't forget, if you get into an accident while working you will be immediately required to go take a test. Refusal is termination, no questions asked.
I mean I'm clean, but I'm wondering in case temptation arises.

Express Courier

Not really true. Only if there is suspicion of you being under the influence of something after an accident will you get tested. I ask nearly everyone that gets into an accident if they got tested and it has alway been a "No".

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454734567.037521.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454734611.087179.jpg

FedGT

I mean I'm clean, but I'm wondering in case temptation arises.

If temptation arises you better man up and quit your job!! If you even have a remote thought of jumping in a 10,000-26,000 lbs vehicle not 100% focused and clean you are a sick mother :censored2:ing person. You put yourself and everyone else at risk for your childish, immature behavior.
Either do one or the other, make sure you kicked it or quit. If not think about if one of your loved ones got killed by an impaired driver, you tell me how okay that would be because the driver got a temptation.

Bigdawg52

If temptation arises you better man up and quit your job!! If you even have a remote thought of jumping in a 10,000-26,000 lbs vehicle not 100% focused and clean you are a sick mother :censored2:ing person. You put yourself and everyone else at risk for your childish, immature behavior.
Either do one or the other, make sure you kicked it or quit. If not think about if one of your loved ones got killed by an impaired driver, you tell me how okay that would be because the driver got a temptation.
I wish you weren't so right.

dex 84

Not able to pass a drug test doesn't mean impaired while driving. You could smoke weed after work or on a day off and still be in sound mind for your next shift but if you got tested you'd be out of a job.

Still, it's obviously not worth it to risk your job over getting high when you could be randomed on any given day. Sometime in the near future marijuana will be legalized and smoking after work or on your day off will be no different in the eyes of the law than having a beer.

And a lot of people will be better off if they lay off the booze and enjoy the occasional toke instead. That's just my $.02 though, I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me...

Whats 9.5?

Not able to pass a drug test doesn't mean impaired while driving. You could smoke weed after work or on a day off and still be in sound mind for your next shift but if you got tested you'd be out of a job.

Still, it's obviously not worth it to risk your job over getting high when you could be randomed on any given day. Sometime in the near future marijuana will be legalized and smoking after work or on your day off will be no different in the eyes of the law than having a beer.

And a lot of people will be better off if they lay off the booze and enjoy the occasional toke instead. That's just my $.02 though, I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me...
Let me be the first one to completely agree.