Random testing, FedEx Express

dex 84

Let me be the first to disagree. The last thing this country needs is more lazy people sitting at home smoking pot while people that go to work have to pay for them.

Right now if you work you get drug tested but if you live off the system you don't. So us hard working people can lose our jobs for smoking weed but some lazy person sitting at home won't lose their entitlement benefits. How does that make sense?

Bounty

Right now if you work you get drug tested but if you live off the system you don't. So us hard working people can lose our jobs for smoking weed but some lazy person sitting at home won't lose their entitlement benefits. How does that make sense?
So if that's your argument why not make Coke, meth and heroine legal. Problem is that people that smoke will get sick more and become societies problem. Frankly, tired of my tax money going to someone who wants to Mello out and eat chips all day.

FedExer267

So if that's your argument why not make Coke, meth and heroine legal. Problem is that people that smoke will get sick more and become societies problem. Frankly, tired of my tax money going to someone who wants to Mello out and eat chips all day.
Don't forget Jack in the Box Tacos... That seems to be their favorite.

Sparky

This is why the pros take a uppers, out of your system in 72 hours. Kidding but before I was at FedEx I had a bit of a benzo habit. I don't partake in anything more illegal than a couple of drinks at dinner but its a shame that for how harmless weed can be it is so demonized.

dex 84

So you believe in prohibition of alcohol too then, right? I'm sick of my money going to people who are going to do nothing with their life but drink away their sorrows and then get behind the wheel and endanger everyone on the road. People who can't hold down a job but can always find a way to get to the liquor store and buy a bottle.

What about people ruining their lives and wreaking havoc on their families because of their excessive drinking? Beating their wives and children, or just neglecting them and spending their whole paycheck on booze while they can barely scrape together a meal at home.

Nolimitz

I del. payroll to a local Taco Bell. The place has this really rancid smell that will nearly knock you over. I have no idea how one can eat the food.... Or how they pass health dept inspections.

Whats 9.5?

Let me be the first to disagree. The last thing this country needs is more lazy people sitting at home smoking pot while people that go to work have to pay for them.
You are allowed to disagree. There is plenty of lazy people without the help of weed. Don't blame it on that. There are plenty of successful people that use marijuana. It's the ones that let it consume their life that are the problem. Don't blame the weed. It's lazy people period.

Bounty

You are allowed to disagree. There is plenty of lazy people without the help of weed. Don't blame it on that. There are plenty of successful people that use marijuana. It's the ones that let it consume their life that are the problem. Don't blame the weed. It's lazy people period.
I do disagree. It's not legal and I hope it stays that way. Stereotypes usually have some truth to them, so if any one is sitting home watching beavis and but head with a bag of chips on their fat belly is offended, to bad. I would never hire you and I hope no one else does. Grow up!!!

dex 84

I do disagree. It's not legal and I hope it stays that way. Stereotypes usually have some truth to them, so if any one is sitting home watching beavis and but head with a bag of chips on their fat belly is offended, to bad. I would never hire you and I hope no one else does. Grow up!!!

There's plenty of productive members of society who happen to enjoy smoking weed in their free time. You would never know because it is something that needs to be kept to yourself because of the stigma that exists in our society.

If you don't think adults can be trusted to responsibly use marijuana, you must really not be okay with alcohol being legal in most of the US. If you're bothered by how people spend their free time when they're not hurting anybody then you must not be a big fan of individual liberties.

Whats 9.5?

Relax....I don't even smoke. I just have no problem with responsible people that do. Also it's too not to. Take your blinders off man.

Whats 9.5?

There's plenty of productive members of society who happen to enjoy smoking weed in their free time. You would never know because it is something that needs to be kept to yourself because of the stigma that exists in our society.

If you don't think adults can be trusted to responsibly use marijuana, you must really not be okay with alcohol being legal in most of the US. If you're bothered by how people spend their free time when they're not hurting anybody then you must not be a big fan of individual liberties.
Just let him go.....he is beyond delusional.

dex 84

Just let him go.....he is beyond delusional.

Yeah I realized a long time ago there's no point having an argument with someone who has a strong opinion about something that they don't even begin to understand but I still end up beating my head against the same wall from time to time. If I ever get through to at least one person then it's worth it...

Express Courier

Weed is legal in two states isn't it? (CO and OR?) It's pretty much legal here in parts of California, you can be smoking and a cop will walk right right by you as you do. Eventually it will be legal in most states imo and possibly the entire country. We with driving jobs still won't be able to smoke or eat an edible though because they have no way of telling when you actually partook in it. Unless they come up with some breathalyzer for it lol. I'll tell you right now that if that happens and it's fully legal I will eat an edible or three on the regular.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Google "Florida drug tests welfare recipients" and you will find that it is not cost effective to drug test each and every person receiving public assistance.

dex 84

Google "Florida drug tests welfare recipients" and you will find that it is not cost effective to drug test each and every person receiving public assistance.

I'm well aware of that program. The drug tests cost more than they saved from kicking people off welfare.

Whats 9.5?

Not delusional, it's still illegal. I just hope the guy who started this post who can't stop smoking weed delivers where you and your family live.
It is still illegal. Luckily the stigma and all the BS that you and so many other people hold on to is finally getting exposed. It WILL change. Alcohol was once illegal ya know? Do you run around this forum telling people that drink that you hope they don't get hired? Do you run around this forum telling them to grow up? I doubt it.