region / district collapses.

JustTired

free at last.......
We used to have PTers fill tanks. But now we don't even have gas pumps. Everyone fills before they come in off site. Whoever could have guessed that you could make $40+ /hr pumping fuel?

1timepu

North Jersey, is expanding, including South Jersey and some Pennsylvania, philly area. Question with the expansion can we now transfer to those areas?

This was posted at UPSers.com

Small Package Operations Consolidation

UPS today announced that after extensive study and consideration, it is consolidating some small package operations in the United States.

{This text was reported by a member to have been copied from an internal UPS website and has been deleted. Please visit UPSers.com to view this information.

Copying and posting information from an internal UPS website is against UPS policy.
If this information was meant to be distributed to the public, there would be a UPS press release.}

Is it not allowed to copy-n-paste from UPSERS.com? I never thought it was an internal website, but more like a portal, as it calls itself. When I worked at UPS, we were told it was the "go-to" website for just about everything. Need a form? Go to UPSERS.com. Need a coupon? Go to UPSERS.com. There was lots of links, resources and other useful info that was fine to copy-n-paste. We were pretty much encouraged to copy-n-paste to our heart's content.

worldwide

freeloader said:
"Is it not allowed to copy-n-paste from UPSERS.com? I never thought it was an internal website. There was lots of links, resources and other useful info that was fine to copy-n-paste. We were pretty much encouraged to copy-n-paste to our heart's content."

Look at the "terms and conditions" and "all rights reserved" section of UPSers.com for your answer.

tieguy

Banned
Hey Tieguy....Since you are in management in the east central region do you know what will happen to the east region office at scott plaza and to it's employees? And is there a north East region office like we have here at scott plaza???? Just wondering!!!

they have not said what they would do with the employees. I'm sure they will want to move them into whatever openings are available in the sorrounding buildings.I would speculate that they would want to shut down scotts plaza.

I believe the northeast offices are in the upper levels of the 48th street building. Jim casey used to have his office there.

tieguy

Banned
I'm hearing that a lot of mid/lower region management will go back to their home districts. Not sure where Rocky is going to go. Maybe out to pasture in Atlanta? As far as the region office at International Plaza, its history. From what I understand it cost a small fortune for the offices there. I never really understood why the ECR offices were not located in a hub. Any Corp IE folks out there reading the forums? I want to know the reason why ECR was collapsed into the NE Region. The NE Region really has some apathetic management style up there. It just seems like they don't care. It could just be me... at least I hope for the former ECR's sake.

I agree. Northeast region has always been an outhouse region. If anything they should have collapsed it. Not sure how they are going to save jobs. The southeast and northeast are now so big they will probably have a north and south coordinator for every department.

goodbye Rocky. TSP was a great idea that worked, the blue book the biggest waste of time and money I have ever seen.

tieguy

Banned
In the future, I see that when you call in to the center, you'll end up trying to talk to someone half a world away with most likely an Indian accent that you can barely understand. These people will be trying to coordinate getting a wrecker to your location when you break down. :sick:

you don't have to call half way around the world to find someone who speaks poor english. Is there anyone in any other job function at ups that you do respect?

HazMatMan

they have not said what they would do with the employees. I'm sure they will want to move them into whatever openings are available in the sorrounding buildings.I would speculate that they would want to shut down scotts plaza.

I believe the northeast offices are in the upper levels of the 48th street building. Jim casey used to have his office there.

Tie, are you referring to the 43rd street building in Manhattan??

GIRLYGIRL

They Should Have Collapsed The Northeast Region...not The East Central Region...makes No Sense....they Are Letting Us Know Anything....it Is A Waiting Game...just Need To Know In Order To Make The Next Move.....the Waiting Is The Worst

pretzel_man

They Should Have Collapsed The Northeast Region...not The East Central Region...makes No Sense....they Are Letting Us Know Anything....it Is A Waiting Game...just Need To Know In Order To Make The Next Move.....the Waiting Is The Worst

You're going to see people put on the "bench". They'll create a cost center for people that have no official job.

When openings come up, they'll get them from the "bench".

Right now, they are looking at the special assignment requests and filling them from the affected regions and districts.

Unless you're on a district or region staff, the affect is small. If you're a department head, Atlanta is likely.

P-Man

HazMatMan

ooops typo. thanks Haz. yep 43rd street building. supposedly has a nice view of the hudson from caseys old office.

Actually, at any window from the 2nd floor up on the 12th avenue side gives you a nice view of the Hudson, lol..You mean I may be walking where Casey himself walked??

Last edited:

JustTired

free at last.......
you don't have to call half way around the world to find someone who speaks poor english. Is there anyone in any other job function at ups that you do respect?

I have a lot of respect for most of my fellow drivers. Some of them are useless and have a long way to go to gain my respect. I have had 2 center managers (out of about 12) in my career that I had a lot of respect for. Both are long gone. One got out when things were starting to get squirrely. The other was not far behind. Not sure if he was forced out or left on his own. Of course both were allowed to "manage" back in those days.

Not saying that there aren't a lot of good people out there. It's just hard to tell these days. Managers who aren't allowed to manage. Supervisors who aren't allowed to supervise. Customer Service who don't have time to service the customer. I'm having a hard time mustering up respect for a company that doesn't let its' employees do the job they were hired to do.
Just feel like this company came to a fork in the road and took the wrong path. Must of been that sign that said there was a pot of gold in that direction. A few at the top found it.........but at what cost?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tourists24, the reference to the "large screen TV" is from the book "1984", which was written by George Orwell and was a foreshadowing of technological advances of the future and the sociological effects of these advances. It is amazing how many of these predictions have come to bear. The central character in the novel is called Big Brother, as in "Big Brother is watching", which was my first thought when it was announced that our DIADs would soon be GPS enabled and that disciplinary action for GPS determined violations would only occur after the first offense. What ever happened to training and then allowing employees to do their jobs based upon this training and experience gained on the job, not through micro-managing?

upsdude

I heard a manager & sup talking about burning Rocky's TSP books that were a waste of time.

I’m sure that will be next. God forbid we have drivers getting out on the street at 815 AM and beating FredEx to their first stop. Another problem is having feeders pull on time and arriving at their centers early. Damn that TSP!

upsdude

I'm sorry what are TSP books?

TSP Total Service Plan.

Loads were pulled on time, driver start times were moved up. We were able to run most of our air in trace with the early start time. In my center, routes were assigned a "return to building time". Your dispatch was adjusted to make sure you were back by the assigned time. Center feeders left on time, no exceptions.

In my building the TSP program works well, so I guess that would be the reason for pulling the plug. LOL.

W

westsideworma

I agree. Northeast region has always been an outhouse region. If anything they should have collapsed it. Not sure how they are going to save jobs. The southeast and northeast are now so big they will probably have a north and south coordinator for every department.

goodbye Rocky. TSP was a great idea that worked, the blue book the biggest waste of time and money I have ever seen.

you pickin on my region tie? lol

I'll tell you one thing (though it seems to be nationwide), the PEAK planning meeting had to a misnomer this year. They had to have been planning vacations or what they were doing with their bonuses because in this region whoever came up with the plan we used for peak should be fired....it was a disgrace. I mean they plan all year and THAT was the best they could come up with? I lost a lot of faith in those above me this year. The plan for our building was especially horrible, 15 - almost 30k more packages than normal and they moved start times a whole 15-30 min? LOL no wonder we rarely wrapped (because you know those loads weren't exactly on time either). We had pulls with plans of 1700pcs and you're starting them at 3:15....no wonder the preloaders attitudes were in the dumps, we set them up to fail, daily. Given enough time that pull would be ok, but even 6 hrs (an hour of OT ::cringe:: )would still require a preloader to move at 284pph (with no misloads of corse) not to mention cut into the drivers start time...come on tie you have to admit thats just not right especially since the flow isn't constant, it comes in waves. Then no union hourlies wanted to go the extra mile because they were pissed we were working supes daily as a result of poor planning. I can't blame them, we had the people, it was the planning that was to blame. Come to our region tie, please! Help us :whiteflag:

W

westsideworma

TSP Total Service Plan.

Loads were pulled on time, driver start times were moved up. We were able to run most of our air in trace with the early start time. In my center, routes were assigned a "return to building time". Your dispatch was adjusted to make sure you were back by the assigned time. Center feeders left on time, no exceptions.

In my building the TSP program works well, so I guess that would be the reason for pulling the plug. LOL.

ahh I heard about that on here, it sounded good in theory which makes me wonder why UPS didn't use it nationwide. PAS sounded good in theory and we used that....maybe thats a bad comparison :wink2: