Safety Committee Start Time

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by LoveUPS, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LoveUPS

LoveUPS New Member

Safety used to start 30 minutes before the building. Now it starts when the building starts and goes 30 minutes into our shifts. Is this legal?

2. They can do whatever they want when it comes to stuff like that
    If you don't like it, resign.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Legal? They are paying you either way so who cares .

4. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Too many safety committee members on it for the wrong reasons...years ago, all we got was donuts. Now people are counting on that extra income...and safety is worst than ever

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I'd love a donut

6. Maybe if you got us out of the building on time and didn't overload everyone

Crazy I know

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

I’m not management but most safety committees are a joke and a way to sit in the office doing jack

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Or load everyone else up and let a few clients sit in the office getting paid 8

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Then don't be on the safety committee. Its obvious you're more worried about your start time then my safety.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Our "safety" committee dissolved when the members were told that being on that committee constitutes extra work and is not greivable when it comes to filing 9.5 grievances as "you volunteered for extra work and if you volunteered for any extra work, your 9.5 grievances are thrown out.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

“Y’all on ya own out there”!

12. Exactly

13. Package Stick

Package Stick "Send it."

I'm on the "committee" at my Hub. I joined to hit on this safety rep, hot as hellll.

And being a union :censored2:lord: ArTiClE 44 StAtEs I mUST puT OVeR 70 tApE ON ALL vISabLE SIdEs.

Last week I had a sup take the over 70 tape out of my hands and tell me that's NOT my job.
    Guess who is running up the belt to put tape on all 70s now haha. Also, can I greave him for doing that?

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  14. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

Yes you can it’s your job to do that not the supervisor

15. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Being some ass-kissing safety member has NOTHING to do with laws so why would it be legal? It's their company, let this MOfu burn to the ground!