Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

Johney

I get that but shouldn't there be some specifics on why they are seeking an authorization to strike? I understand not posting it publicly on social media but shouldn't there be a secure login where members can view specific proposals and numbers?
I believe we would still have to vote whether to strike or not, correct? The vote happening now is seeing if the members would support the calling of a strike. So I would think that we would get the info you seek before voting to strike.

Dumbo

I didn't get my vote packet and don't know where the meetings are, nor have I gotten a survey, so I guess I need to find my rep next week. I'm not opposed to the authorization, I just wish I could get some legit info. Im a Tues through Sat driver so really want to know about the 2 tier wage thing or if they are cutting Saturdays and how that would affect me.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I get that but shouldn't there be some specifics on why they are seeking an authorization to strike? I understand not posting it publicly on social media but shouldn't there be a secure login where members can view specific proposals and numbers?

Honestly I don't want to know what UPS is offering right now, it would more than likely piss me off. I remember one contract where we were able to see some early proposals. UPS was offering like a nickel raise an hour. Just need to give the people negotiating for us all the tools they need to try and negotiate the best contract they can.

I didn't get my vote packet and don't know where the meetings are, nor have I gotten a survey, so I guess I need to find my rep next week. I'm not opposed to the authorization, I just wish I could get some legit info. Im a Tues through Sat driver and it's just insane how short staffed we are.
That's the problem. You are only worried about the contract and are not involved the rest of the time. You need to call the union hall on Tuesday and tell them you need a ballot. All votes must be cast by next Sunday.

But the way you are talking, I honestly hope you don't get a ballot.

Dumbo

I'm trying to make the time but between working 52 hours a week there and having3 young kids I barely get time to eat. I don't know how you all keep on top of it all. I show up early and spend the whole time just trying to figure out who's route I'll be on that day, then out the building and back at night and repeat all week.

Dumbo

But the way you are talking, I honestly hope you don't get a ballot

What makes you think I'd vote no? I believe that the union would have our backs more than UPS. That's a no brainer. I just wish they would supply some information.

It's annoying because everyone says how important to stay inforned, so thinking I missed something I spent the last few hours scouring UPS rising app, Facebook page, this forum, and the teamsters local site and literally wasted my time to learn that "this week we focused on economics". Wow, thanks for that.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What makes you think I'd vote no? I believe that the union would have our backs more than UPS. That's a no brainer. I just wish they would supply some information.
giphy.gif

After the last contract's force feeding ???????????????????????

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
9C32A1EC-E4BF-4539-B7C3-B7B4508C11B3.png
I'm trying to make the time but between working 52 hours a week there and having3 young kids I barely get time to eat. I don't know how you all keep on top of it all. I show up early and spend the whole time just trying to figure out who's route I'll be on that day, then out the building and back at night and repeat all week.

It's annoying because everyone says how important to stay inforned, so thinking I missed something I spent the last few hours scouring UPS rising app, Facebook page, this forum, and the teamsters local site and literally wasted my time to learn that "this week we focused on economics". Wow, thanks for that.
Like I said. You don't even go to union meetings.....now you wanna get involved

Dear lord....

Dumbo

I blame the members for that. When on 39% vote on their future livelihood....

I'll be voting for sure but to be fair, isn't that what 100% are concerned about? The whole point of any job is to focus on future livelihood. I'm not doing this :censored2: for fun.

Dumbo

Like I said. You don't even go to union meetings.....now you wanna get involved

Dear lord....

I literally don't even have the hours in the day. I have a family to spend some time with, and it's not like anybody has been forthcoming about the meetings and where/when they are. It' 2018, there's no reason they can't post meeting minutes on a secure website.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This :censored2: is all contradictory, confusing, and hearsay.

So basically from what I've read so far: 2nd class drivers for Tuesday through Saturday, yet they are cutting Saturdays because they aren't profitable, yet want to implement Sundays.
we're not cutting Sat ground, we're reducing it to (near) the bare minimum commitments we gave our shippers

Sunday hub sorts? absolutely needed
Sunday air delivery? i've heard nothing but i could see this being a possibility
Sunday ground delivery? maybe if we got some cheap scab drivers to do it, otherwise no way

we're not cutting Sat ground, we're reducing it to (near) the bare minimum commitments we gave our shippers

Sunday hub sorts? absolutely needed
Sunday air delivery? i've heard nothing but i could see this being a possibility
Sunday ground delivery? maybe if we got some cheap scab drivers to do it, otherwise no way
Paying over $1000 a year in union dues, gives us the right not to have Sunday scab drivers.

Maybe management can deliver on Sundays, they like working every chance they get anyways....