Saturday routes are Depressing!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don’t do Saturdays, they know better about even asking me. Number two on the Seniority List is a good thing.

Est.1998

260 stops , 60 miles drive, 4 pick ups. 400 packages. Its a torture 😫.
If you count the times you get on and off that truck, that's 520 (+/-) times your hitting those stairs.
UPS goal must be to decrease years of productivity of it's new drivers.
I used to think they cared a little when they made the trucks automatics and lowered the stairs.
No love for the package car drivers.

ManInBrown

Sorry but what did you expect? The union folded like a deck of cards and allowed UPS to hire second class citizens. The only reason you’re even here is because the union is in the companies pocket. How long have you been here? Guarantee you were thrilled when they hired you, but now it’s nothing but complaining about Saturday routes. Suck it buttercup.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
If you count the times you get on and off that truck, that's 520 (+/-) times your hitting those stairs.
UPS goal must be to decrease years of productivity of it's new drivers.
I used to think they cared a little when they made the trucks automatics and lowered the stairs.
No love for the package car drivers.
Unless it’s NYC or similar. Double park and load up the hand truck from the rear door. We didn’t even have keys for the bulkhead doors on most trucks. Spent most of the day just sorting through the truck and figuring out the best sequence to load up the hand truck in. Then walked off with 20-30 stops (often in a single doorman drop), almost always pre-recording as they’re stacked onto the hand truck.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Maybe in and out of the truck like 15 times max per day. No ORION. But if you didn’t know the route (or get a chance to speak with the regular before departing) then, well, get ready to lose your virginity to the fear of God that comes around in a heartbeat: 5PM. Everyone has a pickup and no one was ever ready. Your resis in the front by the 7000 shelf turn out to be commercials now closed! Sheet as....

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Go as slow as you can without it being overtly noticeable, bring stops back, collect overtime, enjoy your life to the damn FULLEST when you are off....rinse and repeat....welcome to your new life

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Maybe in and out of the truck like 15 times max per day. No ORION. But if you didn’t know the route (or get a chance to speak with the regular before departing) then, well, get ready to lose your virginity to the fear of God that comes around in a heartbeat: 5PM. Everyone has a pickup and no one was ever ready. Your resis in the front by the 7000 shelf turn out to be commercials now closed! Sheet as....
...missed.