Sent home because of a "long break"

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They couldn't fire him for a heat injury. They should have sent him in for an evaluation, that's what the supervisor screwed up. I smell a comp claim. Did anyone else get the PCM yesterday about heat injuries? He did exactly what the company expects us to do.
Not heat injury no, but he wanted to stay so he was stealing time by extending his break if they didn't believe the heat thing

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Next time, inform the supervisor that you need an extended break. Always put it back on them. The company has cool solutions for a reason.

Cowboy Mac

You're not getting the picture here. He sent me home for a very petty reason, I wasn't planning on leaving early, if anything, I wanted to finish my shift as planned. But he sent me home for that reason alone and it's idiotic. But it's cool, I file grievances on almost every supervisor I see working here, so all in all, it's not so bad.

But I am still a bit annoyed that he did that
You’re lucky he didn’t write you up for coming back late from break. If you’re going to file grievances, make sure to cross your T’s and dot your I’s.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
😂 …exhausted?

RPCDS NEVER GET EXHAUSTED

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!!
🧔‍♂️✊
9E74066A-2770-4EF4-88C5-D8B6A87C4738.jpeg

TeltBender

He was stealing time by extending his break
No weed smoking dread of the earth PT supe is going to give a loader a hard time for taking 5 minutes too long of a break. If anything, they deduct that time when they clock you out. My supe always gives me an extra 15 minutes pay regardless of time worked. I take 30 minute breaks, just tell them you were in the bathroom. If they question it you can go straight to your steward AND OSHA.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No weed smoking dread of the earth PT supe is going to give a loader a hard time for taking 5 minutes too long of a break. If anything, they deduct that time when they clock you out. My supe always gives me an extra 15 minutes pay regardless of time worked. I take 30 minute breaks, just tell them you were in the bathroom. If they question it you can go straight to your steward AND OSHA.
You should go with that until the center manager running the place decides to change things

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Take bathroom breaks and get some water. stay hydrated.
If you don't feel well tell the boss.

We used to see the ambulance come at least once a week at our hub in summer. They installed industrial fans in every door, cases of water all over and breaks when you needed them.

The company did NOT do all this out of the goodness of their hearts.
They were threatened ........

you should be okay.....as long as you are breathing they need you...