Seriously, How do you obtain a hand cart for your package car?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
cosmo1,

I started the thread because of comments made in the thread about the driver on video.

A lot was mentioned about hand carts so I thought I would start a thread on it.

I am glad to see that you are very interested in Integrity and the discussion threads that I start.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
I
I don't know if I should punch you because you're the worlds biggest smart ass or cry for you because you're so naive.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

How do you get your hand cart for your package car?

and

In your opinion, whose responsibility is it to see that you have a hand cart in your package car?

Sincerely,
I
Let me guess, you are not a driver.
Sound like a hard core desk jockey.
Either I.E. or a cubical in Atlanta?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Cosmo1,

According to the contract all the driver has to do is request that the package car they use be equipped with a hand cart. The package car should then have a hand cart installed securely in the required hand cart mounting brackets.
I personally recommend that this request be put in writing.
Sincerely,
I
I have tried this method and it got me nowhere. Finally stole one out of a red-tagged truck out back has not been an issue since. It would seem Integrity, that this method is ineffective (requesting one in writing) but if you are a high volume shipper, UPS will bend over backwards to get a UPS branded cart ordered for you.

I know it sounds impossible that UPS would do that, but that is indeed the case. A shipper liked our cart so much he put a call in (to whom, I have no idea) and within a week a driver was delivering his company a brand new, shiny UPS handcart.

Nazzrath

What does a 'handcart mounting bracket' look like? Also, I lock my 2 handcarts with a padlock and hide the key. Only the regular cover guys know where the key is.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I have had my lock cut and handcart stolen. Its like the end of the world zombie madness free for all on handcarts

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why do you need 2 handcarts? Do you use them both at the same time?
I know a driver who has an extra handcart stored at a business on his route...just in case he gets a POS spare truck that doesn't have one, or his goes missing. Spare carts are hard to come by during peak with all the extra PC's being used. But we all know you can't think outside the tiny, one belt BOG.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Do you want to know how to keep a hand cart from being stolen............
Get a couple cans of spray paint and color it pink.
Before I was satellited someone would frequently take the handcart from my package car in the morning. Got tired of having to go hunt for one 3 to 4 times a week.
Purchased some pink paint and sprayed the cart on my lunch one day and the problem was solved.
Was known as the Panther from that day forward on my old route.

porkwagon

We had a driver who was a bodybuilder 6' 2" 250 lbs. scary big arms and shoulders.
He wrote on his cart...
"This is Tony's cart... If you take it I will find you"
I don't think anyone touched that cart.
That's a good idea. I'm about Tony's size 6'2' 230lbs big arms and shoulders. I'm writing that on mine too. I'm usually smiling, but don't touch me or my stuff!

rod

Retired 22 years
I once rounded a corner in the basement of a hospital only to run into a janitor pushing a UPS 2 wheel cart loaded with packages. He laughed and said "you finally caught me". It seems he had that cart for 6 years ever since some driver had left it there by mistake. He said he liked it because of the fold down arm that allowed you to load more stuff on it so much he hid it from UPS. I told him to keep it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Handcart directions:

Go to shop.

Search trucks.

Find nice handcart among all the contenders.

Remove.