Show up to work bonus

Time for change

since most union people say it’s just fine, what happens with this right to work wave and the company paying non union workers more. That’s the problem when you say negotiated wages are a minimum and nothing can be done about bonuses and the company can pay whoever they want, whatever they want. How long would it take the union to get off their ass on that one?

KOG72

I’m full of it
since most union people say it’s just fine, what happens with this right to work wave and the company paying non union workers more. That’s the problem when you say negotiated wages are a minimum and nothing can be done about bonuses and the company can pay whoever they want, whatever they want. How long would it take the union to get off their ass on that one?
Sounds like you need to go to a union meeting and voice your concerns and be heard,just saying.

Indecisi0n

Sounds like you need to go to a union meeting and voice your concerns and be heard,just saying.
nTXnixm.jpg

Time for change

I go to the majority of union meetings and even ask off work from my other job to attend and have voiced these same concerns for at least 10 years. My concerns obviously have fallen on deaf ears. So trying some new avenues and audiences. I have found there are many with same concerns and I think in the age of social media, it’s a better bet than telling a handful of people and a ba that pretends to listen.

Days

The show up to work bonuses aren't the biggest concern of mine even though they're dumb. I think the next contract just removes progression, bumps up new hires to the rate current part timers have already progressed to and then continue to give new hires increased starting wages without any kind of catch up in place for current part timers.

You end up with new part timers making a dollar less than part timers of 9+ years. It's already happened in my facility. New hires make 15 start which is the same as someone at 7 years in. Kind of dumb though because this doesn't take into account the bonuses where a new hire might actually MORE money than someone who has put in 10 years.

Did the math. If a new hire was hired in the year 2023 under this contract and received a minimum 100 attendance bonus, it would average around 20.50 an hour which is around what part timers 15 years in would make.

Last edited:

Time for change

The old mob rule mentality is about to get a rude of awakening. The grassroots power of social media is completely being overlooked by old out of touch white guys. If this contract doesn’t pass it’s in large part to social media. It’s an incredible and powerful vehicle for change with many more hearing the opposing sides.

OrionsBitch

Not...
The old mob rule mentality is about to get a rude of awakening. The grassroots power of social media is completely being overlooked by old out of touch white guys. If this contract doesn’t pass it’s in large part to social media. It’s an incredible and powerful vehicle for change with many more hearing the opposing sides.

White guys?

Time for change

Yea most the union leaders are old white guys. Hoffa, Taylor....time are changing geezers....a wave is coming. I’m sure most of you are laughing but take a look around, and I will be full force ahead on my pursuit of meaningful change if this contract passes as is. IBT should be very careful with the part time work force, would be very easy to flip a large percentage to non union and their bedfellow would probably kick them right out of bed. UPS will survive but not the union. Just saying it’s not wise at this point in history to alienate that much of the workforce.

Time for change

I prefer the union if run well. I am smart enough to know how the company will treat the initial people that leave. You think the company will tell management to run non union people out? That’s crazy, the company would love for there to be no union. I don’t want to be part of the leave the union campaign, would much rather stay in the union and keep my mouth shut, but contract after contract I see end part time poverty etc and nothing is really done at the negotiating table. This contract is my line in the sand, increasing wages strictly for new hires isn’t good enough and an even bigger slap on the face. The nice thing about not making 90k as a driver is I have less risk, I can get another job close enough in pay. A large percentage of part timers are not there for the long haul and could be very easily persuaded to join me.

Days

I don't think so. Doesn't matter where you work, work always sucks. Good part about part time UPS is that the time goes by fast and your job is protected thanks to the union. The contract does suck, but we should still be thankful to have the union.

Time for change

I have only seen one part time sup fired at my center and there have been a ton of them. Management rides them a bit but they aren’t getting fired, there is nobody to replace them with that have any teeth. Just do your part IBT and look out for existing part timers and this wouldn’t be an issue.

Days

If we didn't have the union , we wouldnt have part time sups. They would be workers trying to get the work done as fast as possible to make more profit. The only thing keeping the sups from doing our jobs is the ability to grieve them thanks to the union.

Time for change

Doesn’t change the fact that UPS can’t just Willy nilly fire you, there is nobody to replace everyone with. Those are old scare tactics. I’ll happily pay dues and stay in the union when they do a better job of representing part timers at the negotiating table. No more free money and devotion from me.

Time for change

Given the workforce I’m at and being a woman of color, I’ll laugh in the face of a wrongful termination. I’ve put up with a discriminatory workplace enough and fell for scare tactics from the union and company. Sorry you all don’t like empowered women at UPS.