Sleep apnea

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok.

You do realize that the treatment for sleep apnea can/is complicated and requires monitoring etc. Just getting past the DOT isn't the point. BTW, how would you know if the mouthpiece is effective etc? With all respect. You would be taking a massive risk...with your life.

How would you know if the mouthpiece is effective?

Well passing a sleep study would be a pretty good indication. Lmao

quad decade guy

How would you know if the mouthpiece is effective?

Well passing a sleep study would be a pretty good indication. Lmao
Assuming. Then what?. Why fight this so hard? This thinking is idiotic. Btw, if this dental piece is so effective...why isn't it accepted DOT? What about ongoing monitoring? Huh internet tough guy? LMAO.
Please please take these chances. Please.
Fool.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Can you buy a Cpap machine without a doctors order? If you started using one and felt better, what's the difference?
As someone else posted, it's a therapy device and thus there are pressure settings and other parameters that have to be set on the machine. So, like someone said, you could probably buy one off CraigsList but it must be properly configured.

quad decade guy

Friend said yes to do you snore, not really thinking. Made him get a sleep study done.
And so? Why would he hide it? It's like hiding blood in your stool. Why? Why would you avoid discovering you have a life threatening condition that is easily treatable? Would you give this advice to your child? Mom?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
And so? Why would he hide it? It's like hiding blood in your stool. Why? Why would you avoid discovering you have a life threatening condition that is easily treatable? Would you give this advice to your child? Mom?
I think everyone is dancing around the simple fact that this person, for whatever reason, is more concerned about earning a living rather than their health. I'm not judging their decision, just making an observation based on the posts.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As someone else posted, it's a therapy device and thus there are pressure settings and other parameters that have to be set on the machine. So, like someone said, you could probably buy one off CraigsList but it must be properly configured.
No problem, just google a few video's.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Assuming. Then what?. Why fight this so hard? This thinking is idiotic. Btw, if this dental piece is so effective...why isn't it accepted DOT? What about ongoing monitoring? Huh internet tough guy? LMAO.
Please please take these chances. Please.
Fool.

Mouthpieces probably aren't approved because certain groups have lobbied the DOT or whatever agency regulates this. CPAP machines along with supplies and monitoring are a cash cow.

The American Sleep Association has a lot of information regarding mouthpieces and their efficacy on the ASA website. A quick read shows a mouthpiece can be a solution in roughly 2/3's of patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea. There is also the belief that mouthpieces can be a better alternative because studies have shown patients use the mouthpiece more regularly than a CPAP machine.

I've met a few drivers who have said the CPAP machine was life changing while just as many have said they can't sleep while wearing the mask and take it off immediately after getting their time logged for the day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mouthpieces probably aren't approved because certain groups have lobbied the DOT or whatever agency regulates this. CPAP machines along with supplies and monitoring are a cash cow.

The American Sleep Association has a lot of information regarding mouthpieces and their efficacy on the ASA website. A quick read shows a mouthpiece can be a solution in roughly 2/3's of patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea. There is also the belief that mouthpieces can be a better alternative because studies have shown patients use the mouthpiece more regularly than a CPAP machine.

I've met a few drivers who have said the CPAP machine was life changing while just as many have said they can't sleep while wearing the mask and take it off immediately after getting their time logged for the day.
Thus shouldn’t be difficult to understand. But look who you’re talking to.

born2Bwild

I’ve been on it for 4 years now And I’m on my second machine. you’ll get use to it, you will feel better You’ll avoid heart problems down the road. CPAP is an old technology now there is APAP which adjust the pressure when you are on the side. Unlike CPAP machine that have one set pressure number, APAP have a RANGE of pressure. RESMED and Philips are leading manufacturers of it, I have Resmed and I’m happy with it. With Resmed And I’m sure other will do same,you can download their app and it will show you all the information about your sleep, it can even generate a report to print or send to your doctor.
when you get your sleep study get the prescription from the doctor. A doctor designated DME will call you and will try to lease you a machine and monitor your use And bill you for your copay.Save money, dismiss them and try to find a DME that will sell you and set it up and you pay for your portion. You can purchase it preset from an online store after you fax the prescription.
supply- you can order supply the from the same DME or online, sometimes I find it cheaper online.
finally, insurance Will approve a new machine every three years and best time to buy is when you have reached the max out of pocket .
this is what I have learned from my experience hope this information will help

quad decade guy

With all respect:
I noticed you didn't talk about the effectiveness of the cpap-near 100%. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Dental guards are not approved.

So, this is all a grand conspiracy? Really?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thus you are so hateful it makes you obtuse, pigheaded and obstinant. Thus idiotic.
upload160088941366644_thumb.jpg

quad decade guy

You’re the one that attacks people instead of using simple logic.

Oh how would you know the device works? What is this 1st grade?
Well, you do think like a 1st grader. However, they are innocently ignorant and don't know better.
Never said the device doesn't work. What I have been trying to convey is this: for DOT purposes, the device ultimately cannot be used. Simple concept for most folks. But really, why are these folks trying so hard to circumvent the process? Some stupidly obstinant(a pattern).

Attack? Hardly...I mean you having a stroke(while...tragic...I guess). Just trying to help. Just like the song says: "The best advice you just can't take."