Soft Peak? Volume Seems Low

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think FDX threatened Amazon that we'd cut them off...so Amazon is using other folks more heavily. I had about 20 different(personal) amazon shipments in the last week or so to my home... not a single one came FXE or FXG, all UPS or Postal. UPS is using a lot Seasonal Drivers (Driving their own cars) We have been pressured to Make service at all costs(including management driving single deliveries out)

All of our Amazon deliveries were also UPS/USPS.

FedEx made a decision to not let anyone overwhelm the network. From a PR standpoint, it's great. There was a big deal about how behind UPS was on deliveries, though that seems to be less of an issue now. Customers will notice a much better level of service this peak. The thinking includes the theory that UPS would have significant issues making service and it would allow FedEx to look that much better.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

FedEx made a decision to not let anyone overwhelm the network. From a PR standpoint, it's great. There was a big deal about how behind UPS was on deliveries, though that seems to be less of an issue now. Customers will notice a much better level of service this peak. The thinking includes the theory that UPS would have significant issues making service and it would allow FedEx to look that much better.
Fred must have included an endless supply of Kool-Aid with your (cough, cough) retirement package when you supposedly "left" the company.

Star B

White Lightening
Hey dumb :censored2:, the money back guarantee was suspended for the entire week.
just because it was suspended doesn't mean the customer still doesn't expect it. Locally they aren't humping us about service but most of us know to do our best and if that means that one resi doesn't get their p1 until 1, but prevents dex1s that's what it is.

MAKAVELI

just because it was suspended doesn't mean the customer still doesn't expect it. Locally they aren't humping us about service but most of us know to do our best and if that means that one resi doesn't get their p1 until 1, but prevents dex1s that's what it is.
I think it has more to do with staffing and volume at any specific location. Monday and Tues it was, do you best to make service. Now it's just do your best to finish what's in your truck. The customer can expect all they want, but the bottom line is as long as they received their package on the due date, they can go pound sand.

vantexan

That's my prerogative numb nuts.

Yet here you are dispensing FedEx information when you haven't spent one minute working for the company.

Merry 'effin Christmas and have fun in the snow today.
Pretty soon this forum will be full of old timer retirees still talking shop! :)

MassWineGuy

Spot on, at least according to what my manager old me. But who knows? UPS is probably going to miss a lot of delivery deadlines. But they, like us, will be working Christmas Day. Some, anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fred must have included an endless supply of Kool-Aid with your (cough, cough) retirement package when you supposedly "left" the company.

Please explain the logic behind your reasoning as to why I'd lie about leaving FedEx.

Serf

Our peak in an Anynomous northeast company outpost was relatively smooth. Ditched DRA, straight lined everything. Ran tons of feeder shuttles. Very few break violations. Also helps with when Xmas falls on the calendar this year maybe? It's been much worse.