Soft Peak? Volume Seems Low

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gotta keep everything seperate to keep the shell game of FXG/HD being CSP/ICs not Employees.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't be thrilled delivering Ground packages as an Express employee because honestly, everyone should be employees and this separate delivery opco :censored2: needs to end... and I want NOTHING to do with supporting FXG/HD or promoting it.
Indeed!

It's Smith hiding behind his paid-off politicians so he can have his own way just like a spoiled child.

Star B

White Lightening
Indeed!

It's Smith hiding behind his paid-off politicians so he can have his own way just like a spoiled child.
Actually, I got to thinking and I feel reaaal dirty for even thinking this. The opcos could still pay each other for the deliveries... at a substantial discount (98% off list from E->G and 90% off G->E) and still be 'legal' in all terms.

Star B

White Lightening
Tell that to the HUGE pile of DEX01s on our belt... we handled most of it as well as we could but there was no clear plan, except to throw bodies at heavy areas.
okay.... so..... the extra bodies didn't help? Was it just too confusing of an area/couriers that didn't know the area/expected to work a complicated area, just too much volume not enough bodies, daily management :censored2:ery (oh, shiny brown-noser, have an in-town peak route with 40 stops and 8 hours) or weather didn't play well with you?

I'm not trying to be snarky btw, just trying to gather info. I know management always takes the blame (and rightfully, most of the time, they should) but like I said earlier, even though we've had a pretty smooth peak plan, it would have gone totally south if the weather didn't cooperate at all... and there was nothing management could have done to help short of hiring an additional 20 couriers and vans.

Purplepackage

Oh, come on, details are great over beer. Did they four-way mix a can, load everything in the wrong CTV and dispatch it, didn't scan any of the packages and they all just showed up? Scanned all the Tuesday packages into the SDR can? Did one fall asleep in a can? I heard they do that last one sometimes.

FedEx Express Warns of Nationwide Delivery Delays

According to that article there was wind in Memphis on Friday. Makes me wonder how much freight is still sitting there that we don't know about lol

Best part is that article came out at 11:30 last night

Nolimitz

We had a clean easy peak until yesterday and it turned into a BS :censored2: show.
Late MEM as expected
Senior said we are only doing Fri, Sat delivery, short day....
everything else under the belt. Cool..
Mid sort word came down all Amazon resi must go out. Ok dig under belt for Amazon. 20 minutes later we had controlled the mess... still no MEM.
Take 30 min delay before MEM sort started.
STOP the belt, Stop the belt. Dist, now insisting all resi must go.
Leave building close to noon. drop dead RTB is 1600. Everything must be attempted. Right!
On road message new RTB is 1500 with 30 min brk. Sure you got it boss..
What a cluster friend.

whenIgetthere

okay.... so..... the extra bodies didn't help? Was it just too confusing of an area/couriers that didn't know the area/expected to work a complicated area, just too much volume not enough bodies, daily management :censored2:ery (oh, shiny brown-noser, have an in-town peak route with 40 stops and 8 hours) or weather didn't play well with you?

I'm not trying to be snarky btw, just trying to gather info. I know management always takes the blame (and rightfully, most of the time, they should) but like I said earlier, even though we've had a pretty smooth peak plan, it would have gone totally south if the weather didn't cooperate at all... and there was nothing management could have done to help short of hiring an additional 20 couriers and vans.

Lots of times it's some of the couriers. One guy in my loop, has an in town ten hour route. Usual day, doesn't take more than 60 deliveries, gets 20 pickups on a heavy day. During peak, his area was half of what it normally is, still only took 60 deliveries each day, and dumped all his pick ups on the swing helping our loop. So basically, he did his 60 deliveries per day, as the latest we left the building this past week was an hour late, and the swing assigned to our loop was his b-tch all week. Thursday, he was showing 140 deliveres, he dropped 80. The rest of the loop didn't drop a stop all week.

whenIgetthere

Everything on my manifest showed up and I took all resi Tues and Weds as well. Route next to me left all the Tuesdays and Weds packages under the belt.

Same here, was showing 36 SDR's yesterday, all showed up on fiest CTV, also took 40 T-W. Got back to the station, late freight, none for my area, so I took 11 stops for another city, forty minutes away, so 80 minutes stem, and an hour to deliver 11 stops. Easy money.

whenIgetthere

We had a clean easy peak until yesterday and it turned into a BS :censored2: show.
Late MEM as expected
Senior said we are only doing Fri, Sat delivery, short day....
everything else under the belt. Cool..
Mid sort word came down all Amazon resi must go out. Ok dig under belt for Amazon. 20 minutes later we had controlled the mess... still no MEM.
Take 30 min delay before MEM sort started.
STOP the belt, Stop the belt. Dist, now insisting all resi must go.
Leave building close to noon. drop dead RTB is 1600. Everything must be attempted. Right!
On road message new RTB is 1500 with 30 min brk. Sure you got it boss..
What a cluster friend.

When I went out to deliver another cities' stuff from late freight, manager said don't worry about any break. 8-1/2 hours, no break.

dezguy

Lots of times it's some of the couriers. One guy in my loop, has an in town ten hour route. Usual day, doesn't take more than 60 deliveries, gets 20 pickups on a heavy day. During peak, his area was half of what it normally is, still only took 60 deliveries each day, and dumped all his pick ups on the swing helping our loop. So basically, he did his 60 deliveries per day, as the latest we left the building this past week was an hour late, and the swing assigned to our loop was his b-tch all week. Thursday, he was showing 140 deliveres, he dropped 80. The rest of the loop didn't drop a stop all week.
Good for him. Everyone should be doing that. Make management earn that bonus they get.

Star B

White Lightening
Today was fun, couple stops, tons of ass time in the seat being sent all the areas doing one stop a city or so.... bam!

McFeely

Huge Member
I was on double time yesterday. Definitely not in a rush, but still got back before 90% of the station and went to the bar.