Soft Peak? Volume Seems Low

Future

Victory Ride
Our peak in an Anynomous northeast company outpost was relatively smooth. Ditched DRA, straight lined everything. Ran tons of feeder shuttles. Very few break violations. Also helps with when Xmas falls on the calendar this year maybe? It's been much worse.
Merry Christmas!

HedleyLamarr

The past few days, we have gotten crushed. There are still a couple cans of Friday's back at the station. I am in the Southeast. We sent 6 couriers to another station 50 miles away because they are even in worse shape then us. Every courier I have spoken to here says it is the heaviest peak they have ever seen.

HedleyLamarr

Also, when I left earlier today, there were some couriers standing around waiting for the next truck. So we were getting more stuff that needed to go out. Fortunately, I was able to leave; got other commitments.

floridays

The past few days, we have gotten crushed. There are still a couple cans of Friday's back at the station. I am in the Southeast. We sent 6 couriers to another station 50 miles away because they are even in worse shape then us. Every courier I have spoken to here says it is the heaviest peak they have ever seen.
How many peaks have they seen would be my question. Just a question.

Star B

White Lightening
Our station is squeaky clean and then some. They asked for a few volunteers tomorrow to run late freight that hasn't hit our state yet.

The weather held up which made it easy for us, if the weather wasn't good, then it would have been a completely different story.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Were they worse off because people were fired? Two of our people helped a station last week because multiple couriers and managers were fired. No one knows the story yet.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were told to take out Tuesdays and Wednesdays if they looked like Christmas presents. Girl next to me said, What they look like to me are presents people were too cheap to pay for to get them before Christmas. Lol.

floridays

We were told to take out Tuesdays and Wednesdays if they looked like Christmas presents. Girl next to me said, What they look like to me are presents people were too cheap to pay for to get them before Christmas. Lol.
That post presented me with a great predicament, agree or funny, it was both. Kinda like in animal house, the devil and angel on opposite shoulders, was gonna post the visual but I might get busted.

Purplepackage

My managers didn't even send Tuesday's or Wednesday down the belt, only Saturday's. I'm pretty sure half of the cans topside have Friday's in them also. Worked 5 hours did 15 stops, merry Christmas

Star B

White Lightening
I had a bunch of Fridays and I think a Thursday in my mix just from late freight. You know, devils advocate here.. they may have paid for "by christmas" delivery on the 20th and the shipper didn't ship it until the 21st 2day, which without the SDR surcharge would have put it on Tuesday.

It puts a positive thought in their minds, as I had a few recipients surprised on how fast they got it. I even laid the "Nobody wants to have a broken iPhone over the holiday weekend" with someone who ordered a replacement last night. Made his day brighter. It *should* pay off for FedEx.. and in theory, should pay off for us... but we will see how far that really goes. Crap, there it goes again, negative thinking.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a bunch of Fridays and I think a Thursday in my mix just from late freight. You know, devils advocate here.. they may have paid for "by christmas" delivery on the 20th and the shipper didn't ship it until the 21st 2day, which without the SDR surcharge would have put it on Tuesday.

It puts a positive thought in their minds, as I had a few recipients surprised on how fast they got it. I even laid the "Nobody wants to have a broken iPhone over the holiday weekend" with someone who ordered a replacement last night. Made his day brighter. It *should* pay off for FedEx.. and in theory, should pay off for us... but we will see how far that really goes. Crap, there it goes again, negative thinking.
After getting home at 2200 three nights this week, I don’t care whether it was the customer procrastinating or the shipper. I was done. I have seen my child a total of maybe 15 minutes the whole week. It’s about her for the next week.

E

el blanco

After getting home at 2200 three nights this week, I don’t care whether it was the customer procrastinating or the shipper. I was done. I have seen my child a total of maybe 15 minutes the whole week. It’s about her for the next week.

preach it, gurl

It will be fine

Anyone else think these last few days of peak would be a good time to test drive Ground delivering express packages? I thought about it again as I drove home past an express station at 9 am after dispatching my guys with about 30-50 stops each today. Express could have sent over thousands of packages to our terminal and wouldn't have made any difference to my guys.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone else think these last few days of peak would be a good time to test drive Ground delivering express packages? I thought about it again as I drove home past an express station at 9 am after dispatching my guys with about 30-50 stops each today. Express could have sent over thousands of packages to our terminal and wouldn't have made any difference to my guys.

The customers would have noticed the difference.

Star B

White Lightening
Anyone else think these last few days of peak would be a good time to test drive Ground delivering express packages?
Gotta keep everything seperate to keep the shell game of FXG/HD being CSP/ICs not Employees.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't be thrilled delivering Ground packages as an Express employee because honestly, everyone should be employees and this separate delivery opco :censored2: needs to end... and I want NOTHING to do with supporting FXG/HD or promoting it.

You're right, having ground deliver the express packages would've stopped the weather in Memphis last night. It definitely would've stopped the missorting of packages to the wrong hubs as well
When did this "weather" hit? Our flight came in late... but not stupidly late to screw the whole day up.

Purplepackage

Gotta keep everything seperate to keep the shell game of FXG/HD being CSP/ICs not Employees.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't be thrilled delivering Ground packages as an Express employee because honestly, everyone should be employees and this separate delivery opco :censored2: needs to end... and I want NOTHING to do with supporting FXG/HD or promoting it.

When did this "weather" hit? Our flight came in late... but not stupidly late to screw the whole day up.

No clue, we were told weather. Our flight was late and then our local ramp screwed up even more, it's not worth the time telling you what they did.

At this point it's a typical ramp :censored2: up

Star B

White Lightening
Our flight was late and then our local ramp screwed up even more, it's not worth the time telling you what they did.

Oh, come on, details are great over beer. Did they four-way mix a can, load everything in the wrong CTV and dispatch it, didn't scan any of the packages and they all just showed up? Scanned all the Tuesday packages into the SDR can? Did one fall asleep in a can? I heard they do that last one sometimes.