Sort Manager dating full time hourly

Ptrunner

Hey just wondering if this is allowed? This employee is a combo twilight/night and this manager is a night sort manager. He oversees the sort she is on. He’s married but word has gotten around he is friends with benefits on the side with employee. Don’t know if wife knows or allows it. Some people have open marriages. There are some people who believe she should be fired on multiple occasions for insubordination and attendance but hasn’t due to this relationship.

I’ve thought about calling the 1800 number but I actually like the manager and have always got along with him well and really I do think he’s been one of the best fair full time managers I’ve ever had. He overwhelmingly has been always cooperative. I’ve used his protection of her (before I knew he was banging her) as a way to compare why are you bothering this employee when so so has done and has always worked. What do you think?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hey just wondering if this is allowed? This employee is a combo twilight/night and this manager is a night sort manager. He oversees the sort she is on. He’s married but word has gotten around he is friends with benefits on the side with employee. Don’t know if wife knows or allows it. Some people have open marriages. There are some people who believe she should be fired on multiple occasions for insubordination and attendance but hasn’t due to this relationship.

I’ve thought about calling the 1800 number but I actually like the manager and have always got along with him well and really I do think he’s been one of the best fair full time managers I’ve ever had. He overwhelmingly has been always cooperative. I’ve used his protection of her (before I knew he was banging her) as a way to compare why are you bothering this employee when so so has done and has always worked. What do you think?
I think you should MYODB. Before you get a bent beak……..is she hot?

Last edited:

Ptrunner

I think you should MYODB. Before you get a bent beak……..is she hot?
No not hot. The reason it’s becoming an issue is that I moved sorts and don’t fall underneath him now and there’s an employee that got into a heated argument with the girl and now he’s getting harassed. By all account I heard she was the wrong end of the arguement. And is saying now he’s harassing her. Which I believe she is just trying to get the manager to lay into him because I believe she’s mad this employee is taking her extra fun phone time. Basically walking the belt.

Ptrunner

Some people do think she’s hot but she’s she’s not. If you’re in to the redneck trailer trash look then yeah.

I’m just trying to be careful. I do have a great history with this manager I’ve actually never had a problem with him over 20 years. I haven’t talked to the night sort steward. The employee came to me as I guess a bit more workable then the night sort one who I guess is newer but I’m told is okay.

UnionStrong

Some people do think she’s hot but she’s she’s not. If you’re in to the redneck trailer trash look then yeah.

I’m just trying to be careful. I do have a great history with this manager I’ve actually never had a problem with him over 20 years. I haven’t talked to the night sort steward. The employee came to me as I guess a bit more workable then the night sort one who I guess is newer but I’m told is okay.
Probably sucks golf balls through garden hoses after work.

UnionStrong

L
No not hot. The reason it’s becoming an issue is that I moved sorts and don’t fall underneath him now and there’s an employee that got into a heated argument with the girl and now he’s getting harassed. By all account I heard she was the wrong end of the arguement. And is saying now he’s harassing her. Which I believe she is just trying to get the manager to lay into him because I believe she’s mad this employee is taking her extra fun phone time. Basically walking the belt.
Then let the other employee worry about it. Who designated you the pooty tang police?
Unless it directly affects you, stay out of it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

x720

Myodb

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How does this affect you?
MYOB

Karma...

yes its allowed....in the old company united parcel service it was not allowed but in its woken permutation of public ups it is allowed.....its a personal choice for both as well it should be.....get with the times..its not the 1900's anymore....

Fenris

yes its allowed....in the old company united parcel service it was not allowed but in its woken permutation of public ups it is allowed.....its a personal choice for both as well it should be.....get with the times..its not the 1900's anymore....
Not an accurate statement to the best of my knowledge. I don't check the policy routinely but management wasn't allowed to have relationships with others in the same district and definitely not with someone in their hierarchy.

Trailer monkey

Unless the hourly is a steward, it is not a union issue

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
In the old Ups he shaved and she didn't, now she does and he doesn't.