Sorting during lunch

Geo926

So nice when you cover a route for a week and you get a loader who actually gives a :censored2:. No sorting needed just smooth sailing all day.

Future

Victory Ride
i can't believe in 2016 drivers are still working off the clock. 15 minutes every day x5= about $55 dollars a week. So what your saying if you found $55 on the ground you would not pick it up. taking time to sort your truck on company time is not going to make or break your WOR maybe less yaking with the customers maybe
Just think about the lunch skippers? All this ....is part of the reason our pensions r going to :censored2:

By The Book

Just think about the lunch skippers? All this ....is part of the reason our pensions r going to :censored2:
I'm not too sure about that. Most if not all drivers who sort off the clock are still paid their 8 hours which is the max we get paid on our pension. The ones who go home early and sort wouldn't be given enough work to add routes, IMO. Our pensions are in trouble due to poor investing, and over promising these big monthly payouts,IMO.

I'm not too sure about that. Most if not all drivers who sort off the clock are still paid their 8 hours which is the max we get paid on our pension. The ones who go home early and sort wouldn't be given enough work to add routes, IMO. Our pensions are in trouble due to poor investing, and over promising these big monthly payouts,IMO.
But the overtime money they aren't getting, isn't going into their 401k

By The Book

I couldn't do any worse than H&H.

Not unless I got a big kickback.
I mean really, how hard would it be at this stage of the game to say no? We want those riders and supplements agreed to by a majority or the members. What the membership needs to do next time is to not vote yes on the master if they don't like the supplement and riders. Then they will have negotiating power. Your kickback is your big fat paycheck and perks....you just need to be a one and done president.

TheScratchKid

I've sorted on lunch but not regularly or everyday. I'll only do it on the occasion that I have somewhere to be.

You'll just end up with more work when they see how fast you go
Exactly, this is your "ace in the hole." Once a month if your wife wants you home early for something you take an early lunch and sort to get out early. If you do it everyday, you will NEED to do it every day just to get out at a decent time.

UPSjedi41

Sorting during your lunch time is reserved for your qualifying period only when you are trying to run scratch on the mystical time allowance standard.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Guilty as charged, have 45 min lunch and take 15 or 20 min to set up my resi stops, ireg stops rd, and any savers I might miss. Makes my day so stress free and follow the methods 110%. The job is so easier when organized.
You are not following "the methods 110% " if you are sorting on your lunch for free.

But it's adorable to think so.