Southern California locals not petitioning for Hoffa under fire!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Interesting but sad story from petitioning. It probably helps explain why Hoffa/Hall wins every 5 years.

While I was speaking to a Pter about who Hoffa was and how he and Hall are responsible for those split raises in the last contract, he sort of lamented that "Now I'm only getting one raise a year instead of 2!!" I shook my head in disbelief. It took me awhile to explain to him how he made less those years because of the split raises. But he eventually got it.
It's not just apathy that works in their (H2O's) favor; it is also the ignorance of some of the membership. Add the fear factor: "Tim will harm/destroy/undermine/eat...(you add the scary verb) our strong Intl..." or "You can't trust him because he is inexperienced (though he is 36 yrs a Teamster)!!"
My point here isn't to be pessimistic. What I'm trying to say is only a committed grassroots campaign that educates the membership, tells them the truth and keeps them informed will overcome the apathy, ignorance and fear inherent in the membership. I think Tim's team is currently doing that...state by state, hub by hub, member to member.
I know you think the members are clowns.......I didn't know you think they are ignorant that's new.........is there any other derogatory term you want to use when speaking about members

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Interesting but sad story from petitioning. It probably helps explain why Hoffa/Hall wins every 5 years.

While I was speaking to a Pter about who Hoffa was and how he and Hall are responsible for those split raises in the last contract, he sort of lamented that "Now I'm only getting one raise a year instead of 2!!" I shook my head in disbelief. It took me awhile to explain to him how he made less those years because of the split raises. But he eventually got it.
It's not just apathy that works in their (H2O's) favor; it is also the ignorance of some of the membership. Add the fear factor: "Tim will harm/destroy/undermine/eat...(you add the scary verb) our strong Intl..." or "You can't trust him because he is inexperienced (though he is 36 yrs a Teamster)!!"
My point here isn't to be pessimistic. What I'm trying to say is only a committed grassroots campaign that educates the membership, tells them the truth and keeps them informed will overcome the apathy, ignorance and fear inherent in the membership. I think Tim's team is currently doing that...state by state, hub by hub, member to member.
Or just call him a clown like Tim would.

They lie to members when they are trying to get members to sign their petitions. Liars.

The Silent Bang

Why did the IBT extend the deadline to gather signatures on the petitions till Thursday the 6th of August? Does anyone know how many the opposing slate has?
I know as of July 28th the total Hoffa had was only 4.46% of total amount of members.

Evil

Why did the IBT extend the deadline to gather signatures on the petitions till Thursday the 6th of August? Does anyone know how many the opposing slate has?
I know as of July 28th the total Hoffa had was only 4.46% of total amount of members.

The deadline is actually August 15th.
4.46% is enough. All you need is 2.5% to get half a page on the Teamster ragazine.

]