Strike called off! Contract agreed to by June 30th!

brett636

Wasn’t it by phone last time?
I recall there being a national conference call to announce the vote results, but I’m pretty sure the voting was paper ballots that were mailed out. Maybe they had some sort of expedited voting for all the supplements and riders that failed because so many people voted against the national contract?

Thebrownblob

I recall there being a national conference call to announce the vote results, but I’m pretty sure the voting was paper ballots that were mailed out. Maybe they had some sort of expedited voting for all the supplements and riders that failed because so many people voted against the national contract?
I’m just talking about the strike vote. Think it was a phone poll, contract vote was mailed our house and we had to mail it back

1679539111232.png

Last edited:

Whereistheunion

This analyst is saying a contract will be agreed too by June 30th and says there is no chance of a strike. Who thinks this article will age well or not so well? We will know by the end of June!

Freightwaves is a very credible source, if they are saying that then it is likely true.

ManInBrown

Vote was by phone last contract. I believe I got a letter in the mail with the phone number and an access code. Was definitely by phone. I remember calling. Or maybe it was strike authorization by phone.

Thebrownblob

Vote was by phone last contract. I believe I got a letter in the mail with the phone number and an access code. Was definitely by phone. I remember calling.
Yep that’s what we’re discussing. Couldn’t remember if it was by phone. Looks like it was just strike authorization by phone.

AKCoverMan

Get rid of 22.4 send them back to part time and promote RPCD the old way, 5-10 years wait time.
With all due respect, a union goal is more full time jobs not more part time jobs. If that is anything positive out of 22.4 it might be that in some areas work is being done by full time 22.4 that might otherwise have been done by part time employees under various names (“utility“ “temporary cover” etc.).

I think 22.4 got to go (spoken by one not affected by it we don’t have em here) but IMO you make em all RPCDs.

vvv

22.4 and PVDs erode the union. Eventually the union will fold, but you got yours. The company loves your kind of thinking, can’t see beyond your own paycheck.
And we sit and wonder how we got into this mess. Thinking like that will sink the ship for good.

Over70irregs

With all due respect, a union goal is more full time jobs not more part time jobs. If that is anything positive out of 22.4 it might be that in some areas work is being done by full time 22.4 that might otherwise have been done by part time employees under various names (“utility“ “temporary cover” etc.).

I think 22.4 got to go (spoken by one not affected by it we don’t have em here) but IMO you make em all RPCDs.
It would be good to have preload combo drivers

R1wonder

Raises/big money does not solve basically anything that is wrong right now, so don't get blinded by the green.
And I sure hope plenty of members are smart enough and NOT STUPID to realize this and think that some extra money will cure everything.
Thanks ! As a driver my main concern is 9.5

I don’t want to work 9.49 either . I want a good damn day. 8.5-9 is perfect . If there’s a bad day here and there I get it, but this place likes to push it as much as they can . And then harass us to work faster and do more

Over70irregs

Thanks ! As a driver my main concern is 9.5

I don’t want to work 9.49 either . I want a good damn day. 8.5-9 is perfect . If there’s a bad day here and there I get it, but this place likes to push it as much as they can . And then harass us to work faster and do more
8 hr day guys are break/lunch skippers and massage loads off the clock.