Strike called off! Contract agreed to by June 30th!

Johney

Nope.

Yep, in the 90's. (once ?) I can look it up.
There was a yearly Christmas bonus $1000 for fulltimers and $500 for part timers(I got one in 89 Fulltime)then I believe it was 1990 that the contract was renewed and they gave the same as a one time signing bonus,but deleted the yearly Christmas bonus. That's how I remember it but my memory is shot so who knows.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There was a yearly Christmas bonus $1000 for fulltimers and $500 for part timers(I got one in 89 Fulltime)then I believe it was 1990 that the contract was renewed and they gave the same as a one time signing bonus,but deleted the yearly Christmas bonus. That's how I remember it but my memory is shot so who knows.

There was a National onetime signing bonus in 1990.

Any other bonus (prior) must have been like supplemental or local.

AKCoverMan

Thanks ! As a driver my main concern is 9.5

I don’t want to work 9.49 either . I want a good damn day. 8.5-9 is perfect . If there’s a bad day here and there I get it, but this place likes to push it as much as they can . And then harass us to work faster and do more
Exactly! Being on 9.5 list does not mean they should aim at 9.5. Aim at s little over 8 it will probably be 9 anyway.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The infamous 1982 Contract…? I believe there was a 500/1,000 bonus for every part timer and full timer.

1987 thru 1990 … oldest book I have…I swear the 82 Contract had a bonus.. Casey passed on and willed it to his employees (Union and Union free) his minions used it to sell us out for a two tier concession …memory not as good as it was… could be wrong..:wheelchai

Attachments

• D5FE87C5-2218-49E2-B3FA-4C6AB7EE6E4D.jpeg
    D5FE87C5-2218-49E2-B3FA-4C6AB7EE6E4D.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 29

R1wonder

8 hr day guys are break/lunch skippers and massage loads off the clock.
I like some ot. And I get the logistics , companies have pickups later and what not . 8 hour days aren’t always possible , but I don’t want 9.5 every day . It’s too late . . It’s not even too much work it’s just too late lol. Start me at 8 am I’ll work til 6 every day

Thebrownblob

I like some ot. And I get the logistics , companies have pickups later and what not . 8 hour days aren’t always possible , but I don’t want 9.5 every day . It’s too late . . It’s not even too much work it’s just too late lol. Start me at 8 am I’ll work til 6 every day
Getting off after 7 PM or later sucks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1987 thru 1990 … oldest book I have…I swear the 82 Contract had a bonus.. Casey passed on and willed it to his employees (Union and Union free) his minions used it to sell us out for a two tier concession …memory not as good as it was… could be wrong..:wheelchai

The 87-90 contract book is the only one I'm missing.

Driver7906

Is this gonna be another contract that is rammed down our throats regardless of how members vote?
The reason why the current contract was “forced down our throats” is because not enough members voted. Those who didn’t bother voting are mostly to thank for that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The reason why the current contract was “forced down our throats” is because not enough members voted. Those who didn’t bother voting are mostly to thank for that.

That decision was made after the 2013 Contract..the 2018 vote was just window dressing…

Last time we ever had an over 50% voter participation was back in 1997, after the strike.