Strike talk reaching mainstream media

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Mine is still zero.
I don’t think the Trump administration will allow it since the US economy is so dependent on UPS.

So the game plan is to prolong the contract till the membership starts craving their retro checks, sounds familiar. You are correct about the affect that a work stoppage will have on the economy, it only took two weeks last time, we are much, much larger now. It will a corporate decision to go on strike this time and for what purpose, last one was over the Central States future liability, why do it now? Times are good.

One thing for certain, the one thing that corporate does not want is to have Trump look into their business practices. He really likes negotiations, please remember that he ran middle class issues and he tends to keep his promises for better or hurt.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
A successful strike will come down to marketing. If we can make the public see it's about long hours, working conditions, and treatment they will back us. But if UPS spends more and shows how well paid we are you can forget about a public backing.

You've got to play on emotions to win.

Example:

" Because of long hours UPS workers don't get to see their kids grow up."

"Harsh working environments lead to a high percentage of UPS drivers receiving work related/career ending injuries and surgery. With UPS threatening to take benefits this will cause thousands of employees to be left crippled without a job."

"Management is trained to harrass employees and threaten their lively hood to increase production."

Gotta get stuff out there like that. The public will eat that :censored2: for breakfast lunch and dinner. But if all they here is UPS drivers make x amount if dollars, well they will pretty much day "they make way more than me so :censored2: them."
How about full time employees bringing home only $277.77 a week while barely there part timers bring home near double that.

Good site here, btw. Been lurking for a while figured time to get on board.

So the game plan is to prolong the contract till the membership starts craving their retro checks, sounds familiar. You are correct about the affect that a work stoppage will have on the economy, it only took two weeks last time, we are much, much larger now. It will a corporate decision to go on strike this time and for what purpose, last one was over the Central States future liability, why do it now? Times are good.

One thing for certain, the one thing that corporate does not want is to have Trump look into their business practices. He really likes negotiations, please remember that he ran middle class issues and he tends to keep his promises for better or hurt.
That's what happened last time...where is my 70¢ an hour retro check....

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I wonder how many of those retention bonus employees really stick it out. We still have a huge problem having enough employees here in Louisville.

For God sakes if you don't want to work here then fine but at least use the company for your schooling. I am not sure if they do it anywhere else but if you show up on time, come to work, and maintain a certain GPA then your schooling will be paid minus books of course. They to implement that to keep employees and that was years ago. Hell, they are giving Sunday workers a $50 bonus just for showing up ON TIME.

Jesus, if only I had it that good when I started.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1889.GIF
Good thing the public isn't seeing that most driver's average closer to $95,000 not counting a good health plan and pension. Even so, I don't think the public will be on the workers side this time. Since '97, the average worker has only seen a decrease in benefits and even pay when inflation is considered. Plus Saturdays and Sundays being common work days for them. They're going to look at us and laugh.

DOK

Does anybody really think Trump will allow the Teamsters strike UPS?

No Clinton in office this time.

Ups won’t allow a strike imo. This ain’t ‘97, too much to lose. It would be a crushing blow to Ups with how America is now ordering everything you can think of online.

DOK

Does anybody really think Trump will allow the Teamsters strike UPS?

No Clinton in office this time.
I understand that, however they wont and can't get the workforce for Sunday. What they want is Sunday delivery for peak. That' the main reason
That's an excellent point. I could definitely see UPS using that language if they got behind during peak. This is where the union has to create language to allow the option but protect us from UPS abusing it.

What’s keeping them from working us sundays now during peak? They could do it now with the present language.

F

Frankie's Friend

I wonder how many of those retention bonus employees really stick it out. We still have a huge problem having enough employees here in Louisville.

For God sakes if you don't want to work here then fine but at least use the company for your schooling. I am not sure if they do it anywhere else but if you show up on time, come to work, and maintain a certain GPA then your schooling will be paid minus books of course. They to implement that to keep employees and that was years ago. Hell, they are giving Sunday workers a $50 bonus just for showing up ON TIME.

Jesus, if only I had it that good when I started.
Is this some kind of prayer?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
OK,

We don't make $95K
We don't have a good health plan
We don't have a pension
Wages across the economy have risen at the rate we have gotten since '97.
Great family health plans are a dime a dozen.
Everyone has a pension.

Am I right now?
On Tuesday our building sat on 6 late cans of air for the following day yet they walk a driver out of the building for loading his package car with his hat on backwards. Do you even understand what’s going on?

35years

Gravy route
JL 0513

We don't make $95K
Less than 75K without OT.
Not as good as years past.
We don't have a pension
Some are very underfunded.
Actually this is true on a percentage basis. And our top wage is the same as 20 years ago when adjusted for inflation.
Never have been. Health plans for Union jobs have always been superior to the general public.
Everyone has a pension.
Not everyone, but not everyone does difficult physical labor, outside, with constant timer pressure either. Most drivers are pretty used up after 30-35 years so a pension seems appropriate for sacrificing your joints.
Am I right now?
This job is no cake walk. You pay for the abuse of your body over the long hall. We have drivers quitting all the time in recent years.
You will change your tune IF you make it to retirement age.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
OK,

We don't make $95K
We don't have a pension
Everyone has a pension.

Am I right now?
Not everyone works in fast food....there’s people out there that do better and in some instances much better than a ups driver....this is an average job in regards to pay and benefits unless you live out in the sticks....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For short term disability I might add.

Short term disability (26 weeks) is covered under our Health and Welfare packages. You are right it needs to be raised to a living standard, kind of funny that long term coverage (5 years) is around 800 a week and short is 300 for the most part of the nation (the central).

Those who where under the company H/W in 2013 and transferred to Team Care did get an supplement from the Company of 200 extra after voting the Central down the first time (supplements do count). It confirms that it could be raised this contract, depends on if we get additional monetary contributions into just our Health and Welfare plans. Last time I heard the company is contributing over 400 per week per full time employee and over 300 for part time, seems like that kind of money should buy a damn good H/W package.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

OK,

We don't make $95K
We don't have a pension
Everyone has a pension.

Am I right now?

They're not going to look at us and laugh!