Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

It will be fine

When we started we were told that the work day would be 10 hours and reduced to 8 in 1-2 months Five years later we were still doing 12 and them some. We went in at 5:30 AM and nobody got bask before 9PM. When mid management found out about it who did terminal blame it on ? Blamed it on us. Why were we out there all day and half the night? They forgot the RD carrier miles that went with the zip code. One of 34 zip codes stretched across 4 rural counties that I ended up with that included more than 3400 miles of RD carrier miles. That's what I had to cover in one day. We ran everyday no days off. In fact I couldn't even get to my own father's funeral because terminal would do nothing to make arrangements so I could get away. Anybody calls in a bitch due to the fact that there was no arbitration process you were automatically guilty. Complaints of speeding? My response? " What speed detection instrument was the complainant using? How fast did it say I was going? Who calibrated that instrument and who certified it's results? Didn't matter to management. And safety? After listening to an hour lecture on safety I spoke up and said " Sir let me remind you of something. You're company divested itself of every workplace health as safety liability as it pertained to we the people who are out there doing your dirty work . Why are you here barking at us like a junk yard dog about safety? ..silence. And here's one for you. a few years after being ordered to file articles of PRIVATELY held Subchapter S corporation I was ordered to turn over to corporate for "their audit and review" my S-Corps private operational records much of which are passed through to 1040 despite the fact that they are privileged information protected un der US privacy laws. LET"S SEE YOU SQUARE THAT ONE! And BTW after somebody called in a bitch I had to undergo company sensitivity training in exchange for a "get out of jail free card" despite the fact I WASN"T WEVEN THEIR friend#!*ING EMPLOYEE! What do you have to say about that?

I could go on but it all comes down to one simple fact. There's not a single term in that unilaterally drafted implemented document that's binding on that company . Why's that? Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make that document binding on RPS/FXG? And do even think about trying to smooth talk it over with apathy and indifference. it will not work.
You're better off saying nothing.
Lol. Your biggest issue was being out delivering too long, but you repeatedly refused to add trucks and drivers to deliver the volume.
You are mad the terminal didn’t arrange to cover your business obligations for you when you wanted time off.
You were so offensive they required you to take sensitivity training to remain in the building. Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.

It doesn’t sound like you really understood the relationship you agreed to.

bacha29

Lol. Your biggest issue was being out delivering too long, but you repeatedly refused to add trucks and drivers to deliver the volume.
You are mad the terminal didn’t arrange to cover your business obligations for you when you wanted time off.
You were so offensive they required you to take sensitivity training to remain in the building. Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.

It doesn’t sound like you really understood the relationship you agreed to.
Whoa, A so called supplemental at my terminal that ran everyday were nothing more than noncontracted routes. No core zone, no van availability. No mileage . Stop and piece only in a high mileage low SPH area . Not having to pay it represented savings for the terminal and bonus money for managers and I pointed out to management the fact that supplemental units running everyday under that set of economics were not sups but rather noncontracted routes . And I wasn't about to run noncontracted routes. Only a fool would do that.

bbsam

Staff member
FiveThirtyEight’s averaging of polls indicates Ossoff has a lead of 1.8 percentage points, and Warnock has a lead of 2.2 percentage points..............tick tock ground scam
Do you realize how far down the list of fixes this is? Won’t ever see the light of day. Again.

It will be fine

Whoa, A so called supplemental at my terminal that ran everyday were nothing more than noncontracted routes. No core zone, no van availability. No mileage . Stop and piece only in a high mileage low SPH area . Not having to pay it represented savings for the terminal and bonus money for managers and I pointed out to management the fact that supplemental units running everyday under that set of economics were not sups but rather noncontracted routes . And I wasn't about to run noncontracted routes. Only a fool would do that.
To get a route contracted you had to run it as a supplemental for a while. I did it several times, taking work from contractors like you. The routes eventually were contracted making me money. Only a fool wouldn’t see the opportunity.

bbsam

Staff member
You made a decision in what? 2002? And think you know what you’re talking about in 2021?

dmac1

I don't think there is much chance of change, but the minute fedex thinks it can save a tenth of a penny, they CAN unilaterally cancel all the contracts, so buying a 'business' that can be immediately cancelled may not be a wise investment.

The only changes that could be made, while I was there, was to the addendum, not the main agreement. I don't know if Ground could cancel all of the contracts at one time unless they went out of business or a major change of operations. Has this ever happened?
Fedex reserved the right to unilaterally void all contracts in the event that they change the business model. All anyone is buying if they purchase a bsiness is a chance to get paid for the PROFIT they would have made from cancellation until the date your contract would have ended. If fedex cancels two months before your renewal date, all they need to pay is the few thousand you would have had in PROFIT, not gross income. And they are not required to renew, so if buying, all you are buying is the right to service the contract until the renewal date, plus the value of any equipment. So far, they are sticking with the fake 'independent' model.

At some point, with fedex's purchase power, they could easily save money on fuel, insurance, maintenance, human resources, etc any time they want. Right now, every 'owner' is just an excess middle manager when fedex has plenty of managers already, Fedex has duplicate locations with express and ground, Fedex already has a HR dept for hiring, I think fedex is just about
mature' enough as a ground carrier that they could operate efficiently as one operation- like UPS. The bigger volume gets, the more savings there is for fedex by eliminating the middle man 'contractor' model/And with unions so weak, and more and more laborers out of jobs due to technology and automation, fedex isn't too worried about unions anymore.

And when robotic delivery is available, do you think fedex is going to pay contractors to manage a fleet of autonomous delivery vehicles????

oldrps

When we started we were told that the work day would be 10 hours and reduced to 8 in 1-2 months Five years later we were still doing 12 and them some. We went in at 5:30 AM and nobody got bask before 9PM. When mid management found out about it who did terminal blame it on ? Blamed it on us. Why were we out there all day and half the night? They forgot the RD carrier miles that went with the zip code. One of 34 zip codes stretched across 4 rural counties that I ended up with that included more than 3400 miles of RD carrier miles. That's what I had to cover in one day. We ran everyday no days off. In fact I couldn't even get to my own father's funeral because terminal would do nothing to make arrangements so I could get away. Anybody calls in a bitch due to the fact that there was no arbitration process you were automatically guilty. Complaints of speeding? My response? " What speed detection instrument was the complainant using? How fast did it say I was going? Who calibrated that instrument and who certified it's results? Didn't matter to management. And safety? After listening to an hour lecture on safety I spoke up and said " Sir let me remind you of something. You're company divested itself of every workplace health as safety liability as it pertained to we the people who are out there doing your dirty work . Why are you here barking at us like a junk yard dog about safety? ..silence. And here's one for you. a few years after being ordered to file articles of PRIVATELY held Subchapter S corporation I was ordered to turn over to corporate for "their audit and review" my S-Corps private operational records much of which are passed through to 1040 despite the fact that they are privileged information protected un der US privacy laws. LET"S SEE YOU SQUARE THAT ONE! And BTW after somebody called in a bitch I had to undergo company sensitivity training in exchange for a "get out of jail free card" despite the fact I WASN"T WEVEN THEIR friend#!*ING EMPLOYEE! What do you have to say about that?

I could go on but it all comes down to one simple fact. There's not a single term in that unilaterally drafted implemented document that's binding on that company . Why's that? Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make that document binding on RPS/FXG? And do even think about trying to smooth talk it over with apathy and indifference. it will not work.
There you go, finally, a few details.

I am guessing if you went in at 5:30am, it was a driver load, not a preload.

It sounds like you have an extreme rural route over 350 miles a day. Did you ask the manager for someone to observe your route? If I had a contractor working that many hours, someone would have ridden with them to determine where the problem was.

Complaints that were called in were supposed to be investigated by the management and discussed with the contractor. I would say of the ones I investigated during my years, about half were something the contractor did incorrectly/poor decision and the other half were beyond the contractor's control.

No days off?? You ran on Saturday and Sunday as well?

I couldn't even get to my own father's funeral because terminal would do nothing to make arrangements so I could get away.

This was one of the toughest things I would see when I worked there, but unfortunately it is not the responsibility of RPS/Ground to provide replacements. You can't say I don't want you to run my business on day, then the next day, I need you to run my business.

Safety. Can't answer that very easily since I wasn't at your location. We were required to have weekly safety meetings with the contractors, optional for contractors to attend, most contractors would listen. There were a few a year that were mandatory DOT meetings they had to attend. The meetings were about 5 - 10 minutes, but never over 30 minutes.

The S-Corp was after my time, don't know anything about it.

And BTW after somebody called in a bitch I had to undergo company sensitivity training in exchange for a "get out of jail free card" despite the fact I WASN"T WEVEN THEIR friend#!*ING EMPLOYEE! What do you have to say about that?

What did you say/do to the other company/person? I am guessing it must have been very serious if they required you to take sensitivity training (didn't know they did that at RPS/Ground). The only thing that could be that serious would have been sexual harassment (not saying that is what you did as you have given no details again). An employee would have terminated for that. It sounds like they didn't want go through contract termination and gave you an out.

There's not a single term in that unilaterally drafted implemented document that's binding on that company.

Nothing is binding on the company? Were you paid for the work that you did? Was that not binding? I am not sure where you are going with this statement. I am assuming you are saying they did not follow any part of the agreement and you were never paid and you had no legal means in getting paid after 20 years.

Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make that document binding on RPS/FXG?

A contract is a legal binding document after both parties sign it. That is what makes it legal. The government does not get involved on every contract that is generated.

And do even think about trying to smooth talk it over with apathy and indifference. it will not work.

You know I can't do that.

I am beginning to think you didn't understand what the contract was and what it fully meant and therefore felt trapped. You keep stating that it is a one way contract, well it was and is. RPS/FedEx needed businesses to deliver packages and here are the terms, take them or leave it. I can't imagine, while I was there, to have a different agreement for every contractor, it would have been extremely difficult to manage. Imagine if you had 1000 customers and different pricing for each, very hard to keep up with. You chose to sign the agreement, no one there forced you to start and keep going for years, it wall all your choice.

I am not doubting that manager(s) improperly oversaw the operation during the years. You have finally shed some light on that. When you come on this board and are vague about your complaints, you are not painting a complete picture. I think part of these problems were with the manager(s) of your location and you not being a savvy business owner.

oldrps

Fedex reserved the right to unilaterally void all contracts in the event that they change the business model. All anyone is buying if they purchase a bsiness is a chance to get paid for the PROFIT they would have made from cancellation until the date your contract would have ended. If fedex cancels two months before your renewal date, all they need to pay is the few thousand you would have had in PROFIT, not gross income. And they are not required to renew, so if buying, all you are buying is the right to service the contract until the renewal date, plus the value of any equipment. So far, they are sticking with the fake 'independent' model.

At some point, with fedex's purchase power, they could easily save money on fuel, insurance, maintenance, human resources, etc any time they want. Right now, every 'owner' is just an excess middle manager when fedex has plenty of managers already, Fedex has duplicate locations with express and ground, Fedex already has a HR dept for hiring, I think fedex is just about
mature' enough as a ground carrier that they could operate efficiently as one operation- like UPS. The bigger volume gets, the more savings there is for fedex by eliminating the middle man 'contractor' model/And with unions so weak, and more and more laborers out of jobs due to technology and automation, fedex isn't too worried about unions anymore.

And when robotic delivery is available, do you think fedex is going to pay contractors to manage a fleet of autonomous delivery vehicles????
Fedex reserved the right to unilaterally void all contracts in the event that they change the business model. All anyone is buying if they purchase a bsiness is a chance to get paid for the PROFIT they would have made from cancellation until the date your contract would have ended. If fedex cancels two months before your renewal date, all they need to pay is the few thousand you would have had in PROFIT, not gross income.

I only saw one contract that was not renewed and RPS followed the agreement. It was either not renewing or going through contract termination due to the number of complaints this contractor had.

And they are not required to renew, so if buying, all you are buying is the right to service the contract until the renewal date, plus the value of any equipment.

They don't have to renew, that is correct. This is not a lifetime contract. All contracts, to be legal must have a start and an end. I believe the agreement would automatically renew unless the contractor or RPS/FedEx gave notice. You are still a business if they do not renew your agreement, you just don't provide a service to RPS/FedEx anymore. You lost a customer, happens to many businesses everyday. For most contractors they were their only customer, their business decision. That is not the fault of RPS/FedEx of how your business was run.

I am sure they operate like this to keep the union out. Why does Amazon do the same thing?

Only if the robots talk about joining a union.

bacha29

There you go, finally, a few details.

I am guessing if you went in at 5:30am, it was a driver load, not a preload.

It sounds like you have an extreme rural route over 350 miles a day. Did you ask the manager for someone to observe your route? If I had a contractor working that many hours, someone would have ridden with them to determine where the problem was.

Complaints that were called in were supposed to be investigated by the management and discussed with the contractor. I would say of the ones I investigated during my years, about half were something the contractor did incorrectly/poor decision and the other half were beyond the contractor's control.

No days off?? You ran on Saturday and Sunday as well?

I couldn't even get to my own father's funeral because terminal would do nothing to make arrangements so I could get away.

This was one of the toughest things I would see when I worked there, but unfortunately it is not the responsibility of RPS/Ground to provide replacements. You can't say I don't want you to run my business on day, then the next day, I need you to run my business.

Safety. Can't answer that very easily since I wasn't at your location. We were required to have weekly safety meetings with the contractors, optional for contractors to attend, most contractors would listen. There were a few a year that were mandatory DOT meetings they had to attend. The meetings were about 5 - 10 minutes, but never over 30 minutes.

The S-Corp was after my time, don't know anything about it.

And BTW after somebody called in a bitch I had to undergo company sensitivity training in exchange for a "get out of jail free card" despite the fact I WASN"T WEVEN THEIR friend#!*ING EMPLOYEE! What do you have to say about that?

What did you say/do to the other company/person? I am guessing it must have been very serious if they required you to take sensitivity training (didn't know they did that at RPS/Ground). The only thing that could be that serious would have been sexual harassment (not saying that is what you did as you have given no details again). An employee would have terminated for that. It sounds like they didn't want go through contract termination and gave you an out.

There's not a single term in that unilaterally drafted implemented document that's binding on that company.

Nothing is binding on the company? Were you paid for the work that you did? Was that not binding? I am not sure where you are going with this statement. I am assuming you are saying they did not follow any part of the agreement and you were never paid and you had no legal means in getting paid after 20 years.

Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make that document binding on RPS/FXG?

A contract is a legal binding document after both parties sign it. That is what makes it legal. The government does not get involved on every contract that is generated.

And do even think about trying to smooth talk it over with apathy and indifference. it will not work.

You know I can't do that.

I am beginning to think you didn't understand what the contract was and what it fully meant and therefore felt trapped. You keep stating that it is a one way contract, well it was and is. RPS/FedEx needed businesses to deliver packages and here are the terms, take them or leave it. I can't imagine, while I was there, to have a different agreement for every contractor, it would have been extremely difficult to manage. Imagine if you had 1000 customers and different pricing for each, very hard to keep up with. You chose to sign the agreement, no one there forced you to start and keep going for years, it wall all your choice.

I am not doubting that manager(s) improperly oversaw the operation during the years. You have finally shed some light on that. When you come on this board and are vague about your complaints, you are not painting a complete picture. I think part of these problems were with the manager(s) of your location and you not being a savvy business owner.
!. Not their responsibility to provide replacements but they still reserve the right to approve or DISSAPROVE who drove my route in my absence.
2. Saturdays and Sundays. I ran 6 days a week with no days off for over 6 years. Why? HD was bringing back so many boxes on Saturday night that were dumped onto me to haul out on Monday boxes that were then charged to my service I had to run on Saturdays just to try to keep up with it.
3. If the government does not get involved in every contract .. then why did it get involved in this one? Furthermore the only means available to resolve disputes was through an arbitration process designed to hear only a very limited and narrow range of cases and guess who reserves the right to choose the people who sit on the arbitration board? Good luck winning with the deck already stacked against you.
4 Discipline rules and conduct Exactly the same for contractors as FXG/RPS own employees. The only difference is the employees have standard labor law protections and due process. None of which are available to so called "independent contractors" It's like I told the so called "contract relations manager"... "Migrant farm workers have better protection under the law than we so called "contractors have". When it's in the company's best interest that we are employees...we're employees...When it's in the company's best interest that we're contractors...then we're contractors". When he couldn't refute what I was saying that so called "contractor relations" manager quit the following week. And that so called "safety manager" I called out earlier... his response?... " I can't argue that point"....He quit the following month.
5 "I don't know anything about that" . You got that right. A whole lot more went on that you don't know about or chase not to know about And your ability to play dumb is conclusive proof that you're a true RPS/FXG manager.
6. Sooner or later both the RLA exemption and the so called "contractor model will come under congressional review. The RLA exemption was granted in in light of the unique market niche express was operating in at the time . Now everybody's doing it. And the so called "independent contractor" ? There's not a damn thing that "independent contractor" can do that isn't subject to Ground control and oversight. They talk about promoting the creation of "small trucking companies" (Fat Freddy's own words) and the "INDEPENDANT" contractor model.... While still maintaining absolute control in a manner equal to a traditional employer/employee relationship.

bacha29

Spot on. A while back a comment Mike Tomlin made to his players was picked up by the media and went viral. "You're only here until you can be replaced" The same holds true for so called "contractors". You're only there until Fat Freddy finds a way to get his junk hauled that is cheaper and faster than what he currently has or is forced by means of federal legislation to change in a way that makes contractors unnecessary or illegal to use. IWBF and the others continue to cling to the belief that they will be able to sell for in IWBF's own words here "millions and millions of dollars". Well, that's only if the current structure holds. Which in turn begs the question... How much money do you want to place at risk here? What do you have to liquidate for cash if the contract is cancelled, withdrawn or outlawed? At that point all you are is the owner of one of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the US economy , made even worse by their very limited alternative uses.
While the others on this may scoff and dismiss us we can still stand proud to be among the few with the resolve to stand up and challenge the practices of that company and the egregious matter by which they treated so called "contractors' in the hope that it might have made it better and a bit more secure for those who followed us.

oldrps

!. Not their responsibility to provide replacements but they still reserve the right to approve or DISSAPROVE who drove my route in my absence.
2. Saturdays and Sundays. I ran 6 days a week with no days off for over 6 years. Why? HD was bringing back so many boxes on Saturday night that were dumped onto me to haul out on Monday boxes that were then charged to my service I had to run on Saturdays just to try to keep up with it.
3. If the government does not get involved in every contract .. then why did it get involved in this one? Furthermore the only means available to resolve disputes was through an arbitration process designed to hear only a very limited and narrow range of cases and guess who reserves the right to choose the people who sit on the arbitration board? Good luck winning with the deck already stacked against you.
4 Discipline rules and conduct Exactly the same for contractors as FXG/RPS own employees. The only difference is the employees have standard labor law protections and due process. None of which are available to so called "independent contractors" It's like I told the so called "contract relations manager"... "Migrant farm workers have better protection under the law than we so called "contractors have". When it's in the company's best interest that we are employees...we're employees...When it's in the company's best interest that we're contractors...then we're contractors". When he couldn't refute what I was saying that so called "contractor relations" manager quit the following week. And that so called "safety manager" I called out earlier... his response?... " I can't argue that point"....He quit the following month.
5 "I don't know anything about that" . You got that right. A whole lot more went on that you don't know about or chase not to know about And your ability to play dumb is conclusive proof that you're a true RPS/FXG manager.
6. Sooner or later both the RLA exemption and the so called "contractor model will come under congressional review. The RLA exemption was granted in in light of the unique market niche express was operating in at the time . Now everybody's doing it. And the so called "independent contractor" ? There's not a damn thing that "independent contractor" can do that isn't subject to Ground control and oversight. They talk about promoting the creation of "small trucking companies" (Fat Freddy's own words) and the "INDEPENDANT" contractor model.... While still maintaining absolute control in a manner equal to a traditional employer/employee relationship.
  1. Whose DOT number were you running under? Your own or RPS/FedEx.
  2. How can you run on Saturday and deliver packages that were brought back by another contractor on the same day? How did the management at your terminal make you responsible for packages from another contractor and count against your service?
  3. Since you are such an expert, how did the government get involved with this agreement? Does the government look at all contracts between parties in the USA and determine what is legal or not? I am guessing something happened that made the government look into this, they just didn't decide on a Wednesday afternoon to visit RPS/FedEx to review this agreement.
    Arbitration is spelled out in the agreement that you signed. Don't sign an agreement if you don't like the terms.
  4. Did your terminal spell out these discipline rules and conduct for contractors? I have never heard of this for contractors.
    When it's in the company's best interest that we are employees...we're employees...When it's in the company's best interest that we're contractors...then we're contractors". This statement goes both ways. You said when your father died, RPS/FedEx should have run your route. You can't say I run my business one day, leave me alone, and then ask RPS/FedEx to run it the next.
    I doubt that a contract relations and a safety manager quit because you said something to them. I would think there may be more to this story than you are giving. What was the issue you brought up to the safety manager said he couldn't argue?
  5. I never said I knew everything that happened at RPS/Ground, when did I say this? You don't know everything that agreement you signed with RPS/Ground as well.
    How could I know about anything that happened after I left. I have been clear about this, I don't know and can't answer questions about what happened at RPS/Ground after I left. How is that playing dumb?
  6. Are you suggesting that the government may make changes which will force FedEx to possibly change. Happens all the time, why should it be different for any company.
    I have already answered the Ground control and oversight, they are your customer and making sure they get what they pay for.
Did you feel, as a contractor, you would have free reign to do whatever you felt. Unfortunately for contractors with this thinking, there will always be oversight and control on the end result.

oldrps

Spot on. A while back a comment Mike Tomlin made to his players was picked up by the media and went viral. "You're only here until you can be replaced" The same holds true for so called "contractors". You're only there until Fat Freddy finds a way to get his junk hauled that is cheaper and faster than what he currently has or is forced by means of federal legislation to change in a way that makes contractors unnecessary or illegal to use. IWBF and the others continue to cling to the belief that they will be able to sell for in IWBF's own words here "millions and millions of dollars". Well, that's only if the current structure holds. Which in turn begs the question... How much money do you want to place at risk here? What do you have to liquidate for cash if the contract is cancelled, withdrawn or outlawed? At that point all you are is the owner of one of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the US economy , made even worse by their very limited alternative uses.
While the others on this may scoff and dismiss us we can still stand proud to be among the few with the resolve to stand up and challenge the practices of that company and the egregious matter by which they treated so called "contractors' in the hope that it might have made it better and a bit more secure for those who followed us.
How much money do you want to place at risk here? What do you have to liquidate for cash if the contract is cancelled, withdrawn or outlawed? At that point all you are is the owner of one of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the US economy , made even worse by their very limited alternative uses.

All businesses have risk, what is your point. Did you deduct depreciation on your taxes on these assets, you forget this point when talking about your worthless equipment. Many businesses have equipment that has very limited use if they go out of business, why are saying this a unique problem.

I don't have a problem if you want to challenge the practices of RPS/Ground, but have specifics on what they did. We all want see exactly what they did and judge on the facts, not merely that you say they did you wrong.

Elcanario

People, I am aware that this is not the subject of the post; my apologize. But I am looking to enter in fedex business by buying routes. If anyone knows a possible seller, I will be very interested in get in contact. Any help or recommendation will be very appreciated

dezguy

People, I am aware that this is not the subject of the post; my apologize. But I am looking to enter in fedex business by buying routes. If anyone knows a possible seller, I will be very interested in get in contact. Any help or recommendation will be very appreciated
Does this fit the purpose of this thread title @itwillbefine

bacha29

2. How can you run on Saturday and deliver packages that were brought back by another contractor on the same day? How did the management at your terminal make you responsible for packages from another contractor and count against your service?
  3. Since you are such an expert, how did the government get involved with this agreement? Does the government look at all contracts between parties in the USA and determine what is legal or not? I am guessing something happened that made the government look into this, they just didn't decide on a Wednesday afternoon to visit RPS/FedEx to review this agreement.
    Arbitration is spelled out in the agreement that you signed. Don't sign an agreement if you don't like the terms.
  4. Did your terminal spell out these discipline rules and conduct for contractors? I have never heard of this for contractors.
    When it's in the company's best interest that we are employees...we're employees...When it's in the company's best interest that we're contractors...then we're contractors". This statement goes both ways. You said when your father died, RPS/FedEx should have run your route. You can't say I run my business one day, leave me alone, and then ask RPS/FedEx to run it the next.
    I doubt that a contract relations and a safety manager quit because you said something to them. I would think there may be more to this story than you are giving. What was the issue you brought up to the safety manager said he couldn't argue?
  5. I never said I knew everything that happened at RPS/Ground, when did I say this? You don't know everything that agreement you signed with RPS/Ground as well.
    How could I know about anything that happened after I left. I have been clear about this, I don't know and can't answer questions about what happened at RPS/Ground after I left. How is that playing dumb?
  6. Are you suggesting that the government may make changes which will force FedEx to possibly change. Happens all the time, why should it be different for any company.
    I have already answered the Ground control and oversight, they are your customer and making sure they get what they pay for.
Did you feel, as a contractor, you would have free reign to do whatever you felt. Unfortunately for contractors with this thinking, there will always be oversight and control on the end result.
!. You already know that contractors run under Fat Freddy's numbers. Show me someone outside of perhaps a trip lease would be permitted to haul Fat Freddy's freight. if you actually at one time did work for the company you would automatically know that which casts serious doubt on whether you actually did work for the company.
2. On Saturday I would deliver all the "G" freight I could deliver rather than on Monday allowing me to deliver the ton of "H" freight brought back Saturday night.
3. And this is the dead giveaway that your claims of having worked for the company are not true. In 1993 only under the threat of an Internal Revenue Lawsuit did Dan Sullivan ( a guy you never heard of because you neve worked for the company) grudgingly grant contractors goodwill and proprietary rights. Furthermore if you actually did work for the company you would have been well away of the many lawsuits certified as class actions that Fat Freddy either lost of had to settle out of court costing him hundreds of millions Not to mention the court cases DMAC won .
4. Right if the contract doesn't contain language spelling out the specific disciplinary rules and protocols and the limitations therein they are then free to do whatever they choose. It's like a California federal judge describing the contract once said. "Vague and ambiguous and cleverly written" when describing his ruling declaring that RPS/FXG contractors are being employees which marked the beginning of the multi route format and requiring that everyone become S Corps as a way to counter the ruling. It wasn't the creation and promotion of the "small trucking company" (Fat Freddy's words) but rather in response to the Ca ruling . BTW the judge used a simple analogy to back his ruling. " if it looks like a duck. walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's a duck"

5. Given that I never was afforded the opportunity to choose who I wanted and did not want as a customer how in the hell can you stand there and say with a straight face that they were MY customers.? If I walked into your car dealership to buy one of your cars I was your customer only if you CHOSE to sell me one of your cars.