Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If there is as you say no fraud committed and no voter suppression and record turn out then you tell me, what was the need for the law in the first place? If poll workers have a proven history of conducting elections in strict accordance with the law then why does the new law grant state officials the right to remove poll workers from the premises without just cause or proven malfeasance and replace them with whoever they like?

One thing you're forgetting here are the ethnic groups such as Anabaptists old order Mennonites, etc . Will showing up with their bibles that recorded their DOB's in them and nothing more and believe me there are such people qualify them for state ID's? Remember you're part of the so called "anti big government" group. requiring a state issued ID just to cast a vote should certainly instill fear in your heart regarding the expansion of big government power and overreach.

Then again with people like you big government is fine and not overreaching as long as what it's doing is pleasing to you and your group.
Don’t know about Georgia, but in Texas you can bring a utility bill to establish residence to get your state ID.

bacha29

You're just upset that POS Stacey Abrams and her cult can't ballot harvest. You people have no evidence of voter suppression.
And you call me a racist. Of course there was no voter suppression in the last election as evidenced by record turnout. We've heard it thousands of times claims about voter fraud but when it came time for the voter fraud people to put their balls on the anvil they had no evidence balls to place on the anvil . If the voter fraud was as expansive and pervasive as they claimed then why wasn't it offered in court where it mattered?

Oh FYI. Stacey Abrams has a Masters from the University of Texas and a J.D. from Yale..... What have you got?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We've heard it thousands of times claims about voter fraud but when it came time for the voter fraud people to put their balls on the anvil they had no evidence balls to place on the anvil .
We've heard it thousands of times claims about voter suppression but when it comes time for you voter suppression people to put your balls on the anvil you have no evidence balls to place on the anvil .

vantexan

Okay and per the law you can only go during “business hours”, so when do you go if you’re living paycheck to paycheck?
Per the law it's 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. as it has always been if you're talking about voting. If you're talking about going to a state office to get an I.D. most everyone has an I.D. so they've figured out how to get it done. Since about everything requires one what's the problem with voting requiring one too?

vantexan

If there is as you say no fraud committed and no voter suppression and record turn out then you tell me, what was the need for the law in the first place? If poll workers have a proven history of conducting elections in strict accordance with the law then why does the new law grant state officials the right to remove poll workers from the premises without just cause or proven malfeasance and replace them with whoever they like?

One thing you're forgetting here are the ethnic groups such as Anabaptists old order Mennonites, etc . Will showing up with their bibles that recorded their DOB's in them and nothing more and believe me there are such people qualify them for state ID's? Remember you're part of the so called "anti big government" group. requiring a state issued ID just to cast a vote should certainly instill fear in your heart regarding the expansion of big government power and overreach.

Then again with people like you big government is fine and not overreaching as long as what it's doing is pleasing to you and your group.
You are so grasping for straws that I worry you'll drown if you can't reach them.

vantexan

And you call me a racist. Of course there was no voter suppression in the last election as evidenced by record turnout. We've heard it thousands of times claims about voter fraud but when it came time for the voter fraud people to put their balls on the anvil they had no evidence balls to place on the anvil . If the voter fraud was as expansive and pervasive as they claimed then why wasn't it offered in court where it mattered?

Oh FYI. Stacey Abrams has a Masters from the University of Texas and a J.D. from Yale..... What have you got?
And we've said repeatedly that fraud didn't happen everywhere. But when it came down to a handful of swing states that had so many odd things happening, it's not hard to imagine something highly irregular was happening. So let's tighten up the rules Republican legislatures so that we can all rest easy that there's little to no chance of fraud. Because that's what we all want, right?

dmac1

In your world and explanation, anyone could form a well-regulated militia and thus bear arms.

You’re not a very able student of history. No wonder you’re so confused. And laughable.

And who is this Hannity person you speak of? One of your elementary teachers?
The federal gov't would set the definition of a well-regulated militia in the first court case that made it to the Supreme Court

dmac1

I don't hate them. I strongly disagree with their policies and actions. And I don't tell people I'm something that I'm not.
You said you were familiar with history, and claimed Romans weren't responsible for spreading civilization., and said historians give credit for christians spreading civilization. Christians spread christianity, and it is clear now that you believe only christians can be civilized. Narrow minded.
Got my info from Snopes, which most people acknowledge leans Left.
Are you afraid to look up the text of the law and post it???? It you did, it will prove you are a liar. Denying facts because you don't like the source of the facts is childish, or rightwing-ish. Same thing.

dmac1

At the time the Constitution was written people protected themselves from lawlessness or Indian attacks. Tell them they had no right to bear arms. Same concept today. By the time law enforcement arrives the worst is already over. Anyways SCOTUS has already determined that individuals have the right to own and carry guns. Your myopic view is just that, yours.
Are you now saying the constitution says nothing about the right to bear arms being to defend against the government??????? Such a history scholar. Finally agreeing with me.

dmac1

OK, so it's the government's responsibility to insure the very aged are accommodated? Should the government offer her a roundtrip ride to the polling station? Should they have a comfortable seat on wheels for her with someone standing over her with an umbrella and offering ice tea? dmac1 said "if not for her family." So who's responsibility should it be?
No. But the government should not be making it harder for her. Having a mail in ballot delivered to her that she can mail back anytime before the election without fear it will not be counted, or not needing to pay a notary public to verify her signature, or not requiring that she stand in long lines because there is only one polling place, open at limited times, in her neighborhood for 200k people, and if she is feeling faint, not making it a crime to give her water if she does manage to get to the polls is racist when those conditions apply mostly to blacks all would make it easier. Mostly white areas have more polling places, more people comfortable giving rides to residents, and more voting booths per resident, so white people don't face the issue of needing to get water while waiting. If white people don't need to wait as much, denying water is clearly intended to make it harder for blacks. If she feels faint while waiting in line, why should it be a crime to give her water?????????????

vantexan

No. But the government should not be making it harder for her. Having a mail in ballot delivered to her that she can mail back anytime before the election without fear it will not be counted, or not needing to pay a notary public to verify her signature, or not requiring that she stand in long lines because there is only one polling place, open at limited times, in her neighborhood for 200k people, and if she is feeling faint, not making it a crime to give her water if she does manage to get to the polls is racist when those conditions apply mostly to blacks all would make it easier. Mostly white areas have more polling places, more people comfortable giving rides to residents, and more voting booths per resident, so white people don't face the issue of needing to get water while waiting. If white people don't need to wait as much, denying water is clearly intended to make it harder for blacks. If she feels faint while waiting in line, why should it be a crime to give her water?????????????
Most of what you just said is over the top hyperbole.

vantexan

You said you were familiar with history, and claimed Romans weren't responsible for spreading civilization., and said historians give credit for christians spreading civilization. Christians spread christianity, and it is clear now that you believe only christians can be civilized. Narrow minded.

Are you afraid to look up the text of the law and post it???? It you did, it will prove you are a liar. Denying facts because you don't like the source of the facts is childish, or rightwing-ish. Same thing.
I never said Romans weren't responsible for spreading civilization. I said our laws today are based on Judeo-Christian traditions and that historians credit those traditions on being a civilizing force on Western Civilization. You don't seem to want to accept that. So much so you're willing to attack personally. You have a lot of anger towards Christianity.

dmac1

I never said Romans weren't responsible for spreading civilization. I said our laws today are based on Judeo-Christian traditions and that historians credit those traditions on being a civilizing force on Western Civilization. You don't seem to want to accept that. So much so you're willing to attack personally. You have a lot of anger towards Christianity.
Nope. You said christians were responsible for spreading civilization.