Such a peaceful religion...

rickyb

Wait one minute, Young Man. Are you saying take the initiative to solve your problem by yourself without interference or assistance from others and the government? That’s just crazy talk. How can you blame the government and capitalism then?
you live in a dream world where you think individuality can conquer massive power abuse. you of all people have been badly affected by this system.

vantexan

Somali-American Amazon workers demand better conditions

It always amazes me how people can come here from other countries and are so quick to protest but would never protest in their own countries.
Pretty dangerous thing to do in their countries. It's like the ones who come to places like England for a better life, then demand that there be Sharia law, which would turn their adopted country into something similar to their previously failed home.

rickyb

Pretty dangerous thing to do in their countries. It's like the ones who come to places like England for a better life, then demand that there be Sharia law, which would turn their adopted country into something similar to their previously failed home.
omg stop it

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Serves Amazon right for not hiring American citizens.
Next they’ll be wanting the month of Ramadan off for religious reasons. I see my management catering to foreign born people all the time. They could have started working at FedEx in February and say in November that they need to “go home” for two weeks. Management let’s them off, even though they have no vacation. I’m guessing they get LWOP. We Americans would be laughed at if we asked for two weeks LWOP.

rickyb

Next they’ll be wanting the month of Ramadan off for religious reasons. I see my management catering to foreign born people all the time. They could have started working at FedEx in February and say in November that they need to “go home” for two weeks. Management let’s them off, even though they have no vacation. I’m guessing they get LWOP. We Americans would be laughed at if we asked for two weeks LWOP.
its probably better for the world if you are off praying than working and polluting anyways.

It will be fine

Where does it say they are?
Well the title of the article says Somali-American workers. The article itself refers to them as refugees and immigrants. I would guess a significant percentage of them are citizens and the rest are all here legally working. What were you trying to say with your serves Amazon right comment?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Well the title of the article says Somali-American workers. The article itself refers to them as refugees and immigrants. I would guess a significant percentage of them are citizens and the rest are all here legally working. What were you trying to say with your serves Amazon right comment?
Whether they are citizens are not is not determined but the article said Somali-Americans and my post said Americans.
You figure it out.

vantexan

Serves Amazon right for not hiring American citizens.
There are 4 big Amazon facilities on the Kansas side of the K.C. metro area. They aren't denying anyone work there with a clean background check. No interview, just pass drugscreen and background. And are constantly looking for more people because it's a grind. And have upped starting pay to $15hr.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There are 4 big Amazon facilities on the Kansas side of the K.C. metro area. They aren't denying anyone work there with a clean background check. No interview, just pass drugscreen and background. And are constantly looking for more people because it's a grind. And have upped starting pay to $15hr.
Looks like Somalians don't have the work ethic of Americans.