Supreme court to rule on union dues

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And we will definitely get a ruling before August once they read the ruling then we will see the next step. If people are dumb enough to opt out let them at a lower wage and benefits
They will opt out and continue to receive all the same benefits because that's how RTW laws are written.

cachmeifucan

Our union has been selling us out I got 22 years and in my opinion the contract has been getting worse the proof was how long did we work without a contract and if the damn Canadians didn't screw us we would still be without a contract the proof comes in the contract and I guarantee that most people on here didn't hear about this until recently it's been on news but I've known fOr a while and most people voted yes to receive the retro check . Then some locals were forced to accept

cachmeifucan

And once the union doesn't enforce and negotiate a good contract people will opt out. The union has become a big business in itself now in health care industry I wonder why they wanted control over it so bad. Watered-down my insurance should be getting better not worse ups record profits once again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is a guy who's cheering for a court decision that will weaken unions while at the same time complaining that we don't have a stronger contract. If you can figure out how his logic works let us know.
Are you saying he should be glad he has a Union job?

cachmeifucan

I'm not cheering for them to rule against unions. But I believe they will or they would not be hearing it. But according to some union people it won't affect us. but don't you think if our membership was optional the union bosses might think oh gees if we give them another turd contract how many will opt out there need to be repercussions to a bad contract or members feel like they paying dues but don't get representation. It won't be good for unions so maybe they should stop giving our money. To either party. Oh now you will tell me that's illegal but then why does one party stand to loose so much money.

cachmeifucan

Contracts are supposed to get better especially if the company is having record profits quarter after quarter and year after year. team care is good but definitely not as good as what I had before. And 4 dollars over 5 years. Oh wait we got 3.90 and how many cost of living adjustment did our national leader give back I know 1 for sure. Does our raise actually keep up with inflation. Everything goes up so are you really making more yes but paying more for almost everything. how much does a split raise cost us and save the union that was 1 mistake accepting that. How much does it cost us in a year then 5 years and ten years. Now they are getting nervous believe me do that does put pressure on them to deliver

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
but don't you think if our membership was optional the union bosses might think oh gees if we give them another turd contract how many will opt out

The Union doesn't give the members a contract.

They negotiate one. But, it's up to the members to accept or decline it.

It won't be good for unions so maybe they should stop giving our money. To either party. Oh now you will tell me that's illegal but then why does one party stand to loose so much money.

If you voluntarily donate money to the IBT PAC fund, they can distribute it

as they see fit.

The simple solution is for the union to stop representing political parties and represent ALL Teamsters instead.

So, you want them to dedicate more money to people that are working

against our best interest ?

Contracts are supposed to get better especially if the company is having record profits quarter after quarter and year after year.

On March 10, 1968:

Four Locals in my state had their first contract. It was 24 pages long.

It's now, 247 pages long.

how many cost of living adjustment did our national leader give back I know 1 for sure.

Exactly.... what COLA, did the the Union give back ? And to whom ?

There have only been 2 actual COLA's in the last 35 years.

And the employees received them.

how much does a split raise cost us and save the union

I'm not a fan of split raises. But, how does it save the Union anything ?

Just for comparisons sake.... when R Carey was General President,

the general wage increase was .55 cents a year.

-Bug-

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Contracts are supposed to get better especially if the company is having record profits quarter after quarter and year after year. team care is good but definitely not as good as what I had before. And 4 dollars over 5 years. Oh wait we got 3.90 and how many cost of living adjustment did our national leader give back I know 1 for sure. Does our raise actually keep up with inflation. Everything goes up so are you really making more yes but paying more for almost everything. how much does a split raise cost us and save the union that was 1 mistake accepting that. How much does it cost us in a year then 5 years and ten years. Now they are getting nervous believe me do that does put pressure on them to deliver

When benefits go up 8-12% per year and your pension fund gets an additional 50 cents to $1 per hour, isn't that additional money? You are only looking at the hourly rate.

cachmeifucan

Sorry I meant split raise saves company. My health benefits are worse and cost more I loved my aetna ppo now I got a copay and less coverage. Just got a letter in nail stating that a medication my son users for asthma won't be covered how can they change that in the middle of contract

cachmeifucan

I'm almost positive there was 1 cost of living adjustment given back not sure when it's every 5 years. Yo bug what don't you understand if you try to tell us it's been getting better any credibility u had is gone it's getting worse