Surepost and the next contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just curious on what you guys and gals think the union should ask for regarding surepost in the next contract . I know we need to have this service but as everyone on here knows( including the union) ups is abusing the program big time... Just curious is you have any ideas??

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I'm for anything that makes my day a little easier. If it means handing it to the rural carrier on my route because I just don't want to mess with it today,OK.

I think UPS will pretty much agree with me because,well,I'm just right!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Read the contract language regarding Surepost. We're supposed to deliver it to residences only.

Anytime you have one for a business you could file a grievance on it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm for anything that makes my day a little easier. If it means handing it to the rural carrier on my route because I just don't want to mess with it today,OK.

I think UPS will pretty much agree with me because,well,I'm just right!
So you have no problem when January comes along and our guys are going home while the post office is hiring because of everybody bringing them packages to deliver??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read the contract language regarding Surepost. We're supposed to deliver it to residences only.

...and suppose you won that grievance....what would change?

I will be gone by then but I think the Union should push for more oversight of the Surepost program. We all see the abuses every single day. Those are UPS jobs being dropped off at the Post Office.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And we're suppose to get proximity package but that isn't happening either... This can't be fixed by filing a grievance here or there... Needs to be fixed from the top imo

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...and suppose you won that grievance....what would change?

I will be gone by then but I think the Union should push for more oversight of the Surepost program. We all see the abuses every single day. Those are UPS jobs being dropped off at the Post Office.
Best post out of you in a while.... You said a while back that your center has been getting proximity packages ... Is this still happening because that one thing would make a big difference

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well the union and ups met about sure post a while back regarding this so someone wasn't happy about something.. In sure the union knows it's being abused and the local ba won't be able to do anything about it

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All I see is sure post tagging along with a ground stop... All this does is add to the bulk. Or on the occasion where there is 2 sp pkgs going to the same address which might happen once or twice a day... I have seen pkgs going to the post office and I have ground very close by sometimes only a house away... This should be going with us!!! And the union should have pushed language in the contract that no layoffs should happen if work is going to the post office... If the post office was giving ups their work the postal union would be livid... And it wouldn't happen..it would be nice to get some Hof and hall input in this they have to know the abuses

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You know it's being abused by the company when upstate sees it in his small center and agrees that the company is steamrolling us on it...that's for sure