The "Badluck Schleprock" Of JC42 PDK (952)

LagunaBrown

54914773.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I thought you had more class.

Representing gutless Teamsters (such as yourself).... takes class.

I do it for you.

I make you look like a respectable Union member.

What was the last contract.... you negotiated ?

What was the last successful organizing drive.... you orchestrated ?

Get back with me.

-Bug-

Spongebob1

I do it for you.

Get back with me.

-Bug-

I'm not an officer on here trying to sell "snake-oil" to the members like you all have, I didn't sell out my sisters and brothers, I didn't destroy our pensions,... I didn't push a crappy contract on the members, but I will tell you this, I've stood countless hours hand-billing, I've helped educate the younger ones on the importance Unions,.....I've done plenty, not only volunteering my time, ( nights, weekends, vacation time,....so don't tell me I haven't done my part,.....
You Officers get paid big bucks to negotiate on our behalf and some of suck at it,!!!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I do it for you.

Get back with me.

-Bug-
Actually, with all due respect, you are nothing more than an anonymous internet poster, on a public forum, with absolutely no verifiable credentials.

You were certainly smarter than me by keeping it that way.

For all I know, you could be a washed out ex-business agent named M, back driving a feeder in a podunk local somewhere.

It's kind of fun pretending though, I bet???

~Bbbl~

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not an officer on here trying to sell "snake-oil" to the members like you all have, I didn't sell out my sisters and brothers, I didn't destroy our pensions,... I didn't push a crappy contract on the members, but I will tell you this, I've stood countless hours hand-billing, I've helped educate the younger ones on the importance Unions,.....I've done plenty, not only volunteering my time, ( nights, weekends, vacation time,....so don't tell me I haven't done my part,.....
You Officers get paid big bucks to negotiate on our behalf and some of suck at it,!!!!!

But yet, can't get elected to any position.... by your peers.

Actually, with all due respect, you are nothing more than an anonymous internet poster, on a public forum, with absolutely no verifiable credentials.

You were certainly smarter than me by keeping it that way.

For all I know, you could be a washed out ex-business agent named M, back driving a feeder in a podunk local somewhere.

It's kind of fun pretending though, I bet???

~Bbbl~

Keep guessing.

It's kill'n ya.... to not know. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Last edited by a moderator:

5habits100

I do it for you.

Get back with me.

-Bug-
They can't get back with you or anyone else about those questions or comments because all they can do is throw stones and cry when you throw them back.
Fred is only running against H and H because they didn't want him on their slate last general election.

5habits100

I agree, you should look at the contracts that the 2 guys Ohio on the TU slate have. They are not up to area standards. But you won't look it up or believe anyone because you're blinded by Fred's shorts.

Inthegame

It's strong now.

Do you understand that?

90% plus funded.

But I don't think you are intelligent enough to know what the long term ramifications of diverting $1.25 so far on this contract from the pension to our healthcare plan.

And it may be more in the last 2 years of this contract.

So now that I have spelled it out for you, do you understand how my pension fund, and everyone else in the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension fund are going to be hurting in 5, 10 or 15 years down the road?

Do you see it now?
My question mark was for your contradictory statement about your weakened pension plan, not it's structure or financial health, but golly gee, I sure am honored to have you share your infinite wisdom spelling out these complex issues for a little pea brain like me. And since you questioned my intelligence, I'll chime in on your projections of doom and gloom.

If your plan stands at 90% funded (probably as of 1/1/15), it is very healthy and could be fully funded (assuming a 7.5% avg ROI) within 6 years. Now a 7.5% ROI isn't likely this year so I'll add in a few years and go to 2023. If any wage increases have been diverted to H&W from Pension allocations that means your plan trustees, following the plans actuarial valuation, have responsibly determined the negotiated contribution increases have exceeded the minimum amount required to enhance your PPA '06 mandated FSA (Funding Standard Account) credit balance. The FSA is charged with the normal cost and amortization of increases or decreases in the unfunded actuarial accrued liability due to plan amendments (peer80), experience gains or losses, and changes in the actuarial assumptions and funding methods.

Every plan uses the actuarial valuation model for forecasting. Of course the future is uncertain and unknowable (even to one as sagacious as you). Nevertheless reasonable valuation models have been predictive of projections and widely used by plan trustees, who receive no salary for their services despite your inaccurate allegation.

Some of the pertinent stresses on your plan this year include increases in the RP-2000 Blue Collar Mortality Table (a major contributor in the unfunded liability increases that Bubblehead questioned in a previous thread) and increased required payments to the PBGC, to help sustain other less well funded plans.

Notwithstanding these stressors, your plan is increasing its (FSA) credit balance and lessening it's dependence on additional contributions. In short, your plan is being run by trustees who are exceeding 90% of the plans in their peer group, the transportation sector. You're not getting weaker, your plan is getting stronger and most likely will be increasing payouts in the near future as few union trustees want to go to negotiations with a plan exceeding 90% funded.

I could go on for a few more hours on this but I'm guessing you'd just be more confused so while you still have some limited cognitive function here's a quick lesson ... stop bringing knives to gunfights.