The Big Reveal

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure it's coming. For real this time!
I thought you were a businessman. Why do you think contractors will continue in a system set up to bankrupt them anyway? Or do you believe contractors are suckers who will simply continue to believe the company bull:censored2:?

yadig

I thought you were a businessman. Why do you think contractors will continue in a system set up to bankrupt them anyway? Or do you believe contractors are suckers who will simply continue to believe the company bull:censored2:?
They’ll gut express and put everything on contractors. That’s the greedy FedEx way

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why do we keep having to revist predictions that didn't come true? Anyone who fell off the turnip wagon last night can recognize a Chicken Little when he sees one. Dang, I was promised an epic, catastrophic collapse of the network during peak. Still waiting on it!

bbsam

Staff member
Why do we keep having to revist predictions that didn't come true? Anyone who fell off the turnip wagon last night can recognize a Chicken Little when he sees one. Dang, I was promised an epic, catastrophic collapse of the network during peak. Still waiting on it!
You didn’t answer the question.

They bought themselves time. The spent a crap load to pacify contractors through peak. Now they’re trying to roll back contingency. They want to go back to the same policies that were eroding contractor profitability and morale.

Where did the volume go? All part of the plan? Did shippers flee? You think everything is fine?

Or is it worse? Do you see contractors as the enemy? Dogs to be tamed? Employees with a thin legal cover?

Truly interested in you perspective.

lilwizbiz

You didn’t answer the question.

They bought themselves time. The spent a crap load to pacify contractors through peak. Now they’re trying to roll back contingency. They want to go back to the same policies that were eroding contractor profitability and morale.

Where did the volume go? All part of the plan? Did shippers flee? You think everything is fine?

Or is it worse? Do you see contractors as the enemy? Dogs to be tamed? Employees with a thin legal cover?

Truly interested in you perspective.
it's a recession. Idk if you've been living under a rock or what but hundreds of thousands are being laid off with more to come bud. Naturally business will be slower nobody will have money to spend heavy. Volume will be back dw.

bbsam

Staff member
it's a recession. Idk if you've been living under a rock or what but hundreds of thousands are being laid off with more to come bud. Naturally business will be slower nobody will have money to spend heavy. Volume will be back dw.
That’s the company like. I’d suggest you dig a bit deeper. It’s been down for the past 9 months.

Watch closely. We’ve been hearing for awhile now that some major shippers would be moving on. A recession can explain some of it. Would you like to agree that piss poor management from the top has done quite a bit to contribute?

It will be fine

I was around in 2008 during an actual huge recession. We grew around 2%. This past year I was down close to 13%. That type of decline is not normal and not entirely related to the overall economy, there are other factors at play.

lilwizbiz

That’s the company like. I’d suggest you dig a bit deeper. It’s been down for the past 9 months.

Watch closely. We’ve been hearing for awhile now that some major shippers would be moving on. A recession can explain some of it. Would you like to agree that piss poor management from the top has done quite a bit to contribute?
past 9 months... yes like I said recession. Don't think there's need to over analyze these things. They'll cut OT, people won't be getting over 35 hrs and that'll be the end of it. Control the controllables

lilwizbiz

I was around in 2008 during an actual huge recession. We grew around 2%. This past year I was down close to 13%. That type of decline is not normal and not entirely related to the overall economy, there are other factors at play.
already more people laid off this last month than 2008 ever had.

Gone fishin

past 9 months... yes like I said recession. Don't think there's need to over analyze these things. They'll cut OT, people won't be getting over 35 hrs and that'll be the end of it. Control the controllables
I feel bad for the younger guys , but I’m close to being done so 35 hours be great

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. Don’t over analyze it. Just swallow the line that it’s all about the recession.

Do you work in Memphis or Pittsburgh?

lilwizbiz

Yes. Don’t over analyze it. Just swallow the line that it’s all about the recession.

Do you work in Memphis or Pittsburgh?
Neither. Personally I haven’t seen that much of a difference in volumes. Just a lot more drivers at my station which makes it seem like it’s slow. A lot of stations are over staffed right now because guess what? You will need all these people soon enough. Company isn’t going anywhere if that’s what you’re worried about lol. And if it does go away then the whole world will enter the largest Great Depression ever seen and trust me we’ll have bigger things to worry about. For now just keep grinding.

bbsam

Staff member
Neither. Personally I haven’t seen that much of a difference in volumes. Just a lot more drivers at my station which makes it seem like it’s slow. A lot of stations are over staffed right now because guess what? You will need all these people soon enough. Company isn’t going anywhere if that’s what you’re worried about lol. And if it does go away then the whole world will enter the largest Great Depression ever seen and trust me we’ll have bigger things to worry about. For now just keep grinding.
Going somewhere? No. Nobody said that. What I have said is that if Raj and the gang think they’re going to fleece contractors again to bring investors to orgasm again, he going to push the company back into collapse. It’s that simple. The margins aren’t there and the company has lost any goodwill they may have had.

They’re hiding the cracks now. They’re sweeping away all contingency they can and forcing open work areas on existing contractors. Contractually they may be able to get away with it for a while. Practically it’s just going to collapse already failing businesses.

Personally, I’ve expected to be gone by now anyway so when they decide to take contingency pay away from me and try to force “reasonable proximity” (basically “do it for no extra money”), I’ll let it sit. We’ll have discussions with BDS (contractor relations) about what reasonable proximity is and what it isn’t. I’m certain that their ideas and min are quite different.

They’ll either fold or terminate the contract. I’m fine with either. We’ve paid down a lot of debt in the past year and have a relatively new fleet of trucks for the new contractor coming in if he wants it.

ERC has made this all very comfortable. The company basically stole PPP loans from contractors. I’ll be damned if they’re getting the ERC money.