The Express employee massacre continues.

Empty Pockets

How low can they go....
Screenshot_2023-05-02_234534.jpg

bacha29

Lol start at time X and work till whenever you get done for a flat rate, per day. No thanks.
Pretty much the usual contractor job offer. Start time isn't binding because freight's always late. Length of work day and stop time is open ended.
So what happens to the contractor who can't get anybody to take this deal? They take the route off of him and shove it on to another contractor in the terminal who's paying about the same to his drivers because it's all governed by the size of the settlement Fat Freddy is willing to offer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, shift A will be ground and shift B will be air. Our Express freight doesn’t show up until 9 on a good day!
OK.

Let's assume the contractor decides to pay the $150 and the driver works from 7:30am-3:30pm. That works out to a whopping $18.75/hr, which is roughly 44% of what a UPS driver would make. 8 hours @ $42.hr = $336.

bacha29

OK.

Let's assume the contractor decides to pay the $150 and the driver works from 7:30am-3:30pm. That works out to a whopping $18.75/hr, which is roughly 44% of what a UPS driver would make. 8 hours @ $42.hr = $336.
And zero benefits. But the fate of every Ground contractor rests on his ability to find enough people to take a deal like this . Only in the most economically depressed areas in the country would a contractor have a chance of success getting somebody to take the deal.

It will be fine

And zero benefits. But the fate of every Ground contractor rests on his ability to find enough people to take a deal like this . Only in the most economically depressed areas in the country would a contractor have a chance of success getting somebody to take the deal.
So do you think the contractor gets applicants for this pay in his area? Or do you think he just pays for an advertisement, gets no workers and sits his routes daily?

zeev

Ad said routes are till finished, no end time . 50 lb plus lift requirements, no maximum, FedEx Express drivers about to find out what their non union jobs are worth. People who think benefits, pension, livable wage are a given are about to find out.

fdxsux

So do you think the contractor gets applicants for this pay in his area? Or do you think he just pays for an advertisement, gets no workers and sits his routes daily?
You can find people to work for that wage. They just don’t stay very long and don’t really care about doing a great job.

bbsam

Staff member
Pretty much the usual contractor job offer. Start time isn't binding because freight's always late. Length of work day and stop time is open ended.
So what happens to the contractor who can't get anybody to take this deal? They take the route off of him and shove it on to another contractor in the terminal who's paying about the same to his drivers because it's all governed by the size of the settlement Fat Freddy is willing to offer.
To be honest, I’ve never seen that happen. I’ve seen routes sit. I’ve sat routes.

Is it possible you’re just making things up?

bacha29

Just a desperate contractor caught between a shortage of reliable workers and a parent company unwilling to acknowledge the shortfall or willing to set it's trucking rates at a level that would give contractors a chance to compete for the best help.

bacha29

To be honest, I’ve never seen that happen. I’ve seen routes sit. I’ve sat routes.

Is it possible you’re just making things up?
For how long and do you believe that you'll be able to sit routes loaded with air box with zero repercussions ?

It will be fine

Just a desperate contractor caught between a shortage of reliable workers and a parent company unwilling to acknowledge the shortfall or willing to set it's trucking rates at a level that would give contractors a chance to compete for the best help.
What makes you believe the contractor is desperate? You keep making things up with no evidence and state them as facts.

bacha29

What makes you believe the contractor is desperate? You keep making things up with no evidence and state them as facts.
Good news travels fast especially word of a good employer with a good deal . Which in turn means that the employer very seldom if ever has to make a public appeal for help.
If you think this is a good offer I wouldn't want to see yours.

It will be fine

Good news travels fast especially word of a good employer with a good deal . Which in turn means that the employer very seldom if ever has to make a public appeal for help.
What? UPS advertises for workers. You don’t think they offer a good deal? How can you be so wrong about literally everything?

It will be fine

IMG_6252.jpeg

UPS looking for class A CDL drivers in Utah. Word must be out about how terrible the job is, right?

Mutineer

It is obvious that FedEx contractors are finding able-bodied people willing to take crappy jobs that you or I don't want or need.

Unbelievable, right?

Tell me again all about the "labor shortage."