The Express employee massacre continues.

bbsam

Staff member
What do you think happens when they add late air freight on top of your ground freight? You'll be forced to del Air first and then pu, drop outbound then continue to del Ground late into the night. You think turnover is bad now? You ain't seen nothing yet.šŸ¤£
If the money is right, weā€™ll probably have APV drivers run the late air. Basically folks in minivans.

Thatā€™s right. Express elites replaced by part time soccer moms. I know, I know. ā€œItā€™ll never happen!ā€ Where have we heard that before?šŸ¤£

MAKAVELI

If the money is right, weā€™ll probably have APV drivers run the late air. Basically folks in minivans.

Thatā€™s right. Express elites replaced by part time soccer moms. I know, I know. ā€œItā€™ll never happen!ā€ Where have we heard that before?šŸ¤£
" If the money is right". Where have we heard that before? šŸ¤£

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Thatā€™s what I would call a ā€œreal company.ā€ That being said, the mid 90ā€™s were a much different time.
Ah, the good ol' days of the 1990's when they couldn't close factories, get rid of good paying jobs, and drive down wages fast enough.

bacha29

What do you think happens when they add late air freight on top of your ground freight? You'll be forced to del Air first and then pu, drop outbound then continue to del Ground late into the night. You think turnover is bad now? You ain't seen nothing yet.šŸ¤£
It's an impossible situation for rural contractors. So for rural contractors in addition to gold, silver and bronze levels there will be the new precast concrete footwear level. That's what will awarded to the rural contractors when they go to live with the fishes .

Seriously, those few extra air box bucks won't even begin to cover the additional inputs rural contractors will have to commit to the effort.

59 Dano

Thatā€™s right. Express elites replaced by part time soccer moms.
We've been there for a couple of years now with casual couriers. They are limited to 24 hours a week, no more than 8 hours a day, don't get the market adjusted premiums that are present in some areas, can pick and choose which days they want to work each week (or none at all, however they want to do it), get no PTO, and I don't think they get any other benefits either. It's popular with many of those who fill that role because of the flexibility and because it can lead to a permanent job with benefits and so forth if they want that.

But mainly it's PT soccer mom types that do it. Just something that gets them out of the house and puts a few bucks in the pocket. There's always a market for that kind of job.

bbsam

Staff member
It's an impossible situation for rural contractors. So for rural contractors in addition to gold, silver and bronze levels there will be the new precast concrete footwear level. That's what will awarded to the rural contractors when they go to live with the fishes .

Seriously, those few extra air box bucks won't even begin to cover the additional inputs rural contractors will have to commit to the effort.
In that case, they get late air. Itā€™s not like customers havenā€™t gotten used to it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just wait until your phone rings in the mornings and you can hear all the wonderful excuses why these soccer moms canā€™t make it into work.

Might wanna keep a spare uniform handy.

MAKAVELI

Just wait until your phone rings in the mornings and you can hear all the wonderful excuses why these soccer moms canā€™t make it into work.

I'm pretty sure most soccer moms aren't looking for extra work with the time and effort it takes to taking care of the kids and home. Any free time will more likely be to do something they enjoy doing.

bbsam

Staff member

As if I havenā€™t been dealing with that for the past 15 years šŸ¤£

bbsam

Staff member
I'm pretty sure most soccer moms aren't looking for extra work with the time and effort it takes to taking care of the kids and home. Any free time will more likely be to do something they enjoy doing.
You havenā€™t done much child raising, have you?

El Morado Diablo

We've been there for a couple of years now with casual couriers. They are limited to 24 hours a week, no more than 8 hours a day, don't get the market adjusted premiums that are present in some areas, can pick and choose which days they want to work each week (or none at all, however they want to do it), get no PTO, and I don't think they get any other benefits either. It's popular with many of those who fill that role because of the flexibility and because it can lead to a permanent job with benefits and so forth if they want that.

But mainly it's PT soccer mom types that do it. Just something that gets them out of the house and puts a few bucks in the pocket. There's always a market for that kind of job.

We have a few of those.

They also aren't supposed to deliver to businesses or do pick-ups. However, since we've lost nearly 1/3 of our couriers this fiscal year with only the casuals hired they are doing just that. One of them has a 2nd job at Olive Garden and is considering leaving FedEx because he makes more money there than he does at FedEx.

59 Dano

Partially. Itā€™s not all NAFTA. This is good olā€™ American capitalist greed laser focused on the next quarterly report.
Oh, NAFTA did so much of the work it had an aching back. Greed can't hold a candle to legislation, either in terms of incompetence or screwing people. Greed can be responsible for bad ideas, but greed is also the reason why those idea get killed off. Legislation is a different animal. Legislation can do the exact opposite of what's intended, or create a bunch of side effects that no one thought of, and people will fall over themselves to either spend more on it, "reform" it (aka keep failing, just in a different way), or protect it for some dumb reason.

NAFTA was supposed to protect the worker and instead it encouraged and accommodate the greedy exploitation of blue collar Americans.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Oh, NAFTA did so much of the work it had an aching back. Greed can't hold a candle to legislation, either in terms of incompetence or screwing people. Greed can be responsible for bad ideas, but greed is also the reason why those idea get killed off. Legislation is a different animal. Legislation can do the exact opposite of what's intended, or create a bunch of side effects that no one thought of, and people will fall over themselves to either spend more on it, "reform" it (aka keep failing, just in a different way), or protect it for some dumb reason.

NAFTA was supposed to protect the worker and instead it encouraged and accommodate the greedy exploitation of blue collar Americans.
Substitute Fedex for NAFTA.

Now we agree on something.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As if I havenā€™t been dealing with that for the past 15 years šŸ¤£
So you put up with a flaky soccer mom business model for some 15 years and still you continue to do so? Sounds like theyā€™re the ones ā€œrunningā€ your business.

Better start paying wages competitive with Olive Garden. šŸ¤£