Dragon

Package Center Manager
I can see how it helps the driver, but when you get used to the lay out of the truck, locating a properly loaded package is quicker and eliminates the added room for error on part of the loader. When I use the crayon I tend to still walk onto the wrong truck, when i don't I'm forced to look to the previously loaded packages and confirm the location of the one I'm loading. This way i have more time to make sure every package is accessible when they need it. I also try to talk to my drivers to see if there are specific stops that need to move to a different part of the truck.

You are making excuses..it's for the driver and you. Helps you put it in sequential order and the driver find it. Don't make a custom load, not saying a few stops cannot be dropped to the floor.

john chesney

I'm not doing this to be a :censored2:lord, I'm trying to streamline this process. I don't wanna drive, I don't want to be a supervisor, I like my job and want the preload to have more support and respect. Its not just a stepping stone its the foundation and our foundation is sinking. Anywhere you work here you know how backward this company has become and its not immune to failure. Dont know about yall but i want to retire.
This place sucks just check your brain at the door when you walk in

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I define a bulk stop as a stop that is bulky. Want me train u? Stack up 5 cases of depends. See how much area that takes up.

Look at the pal label, determine if it's too large for the shelf. Load with label to the front, up, or out. Put pal label facing out. Don't make it more difficult than that.
You are talking about the unlikely chance that it's a 5 pc. pottery barn that eats up your entire cargo area. That is a bulk stop...btw 5 cases of depends are pretty much impossible to miss.
are you really going to spend time searching for those?? That was your original point...;( Not being able to find stops because they are mixed into different shelves, on the floor, etc.

You are talking about the unlikely chance that it's a 5 pc. pottery barn that eats up your entire cargo area. That is a bulk stop...btw 5 cases of depends are pretty much impossible to miss.
are you really going to spend time searching for those?? That was your original point...;( Not being able to find stops because they are mixed into different shelves, on the floor, etc.
Too few pkgs on the shelf. Too many on the floor. Caused by large pkg/s on the shelf. Very few stops should be in the floor. Ex. (15 stops 105 pkgs. vs 45 stops 85 pkgs.) on the floor.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I'm not doing this to be a :censored2:lord, I'm trying to streamline this process. I don't wanna drive, I don't want to be a supervisor, I like my job and want the preload to have more support and respect. Its not just a stepping stone its the foundation and our foundation is sinking. Anywhere you work here you know how backward this company has become and its not immune to failure. Dont know about yall but i want to retire.
Ditto

Bigdog12

For nine years I've been on the preload and in that time I've learned that circling the label then writing the hin on the side creates more problems than it solves. Naturally I stopped using them for the last five years with no problems and much fewer misloads. Today my job was threatened by the center manager for no other reason than not using them. I just want to know why this is such a big deal and why they are pushing it so hard, every driver I've loaded for prefers a solid load over a hastily scrawled mess that is poorly loaded. Can we change this method or am I just pissing in the wind? If we can, then how? I mean fired over a crayon, I've dealt with harassment before but this is a new level of stupid.

You can try pulling the labels, that way it helps the driver as well and you wont have to write on them

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You can try pulling the labels, that way it helps the driver as well and you wont have to write on them
Change your avatar dude, that one belongs to @HEFFERNAN

giphy.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
So why not pay them what they are worth and give them the time to do the job correctly?
I 100% agree, but why should the drivers get punished for the company not paying the PTers what they deserve? Purposefully giving someone a bad load speaks volumes to that persons character.

PT Car Washer

I 100% agree, but why should the drivers get punished for the company not paying the PTers what they deserve? Purposefully giving someone a bad load speaks volumes to that persons character.
I agree to purposely give a driver a bad load to screw up his day is not right. Of course the way some drivers treat their loaders, it should not be a surprise. Most preloaders are just working as directed and your anger should be towards management who will not recognize or fix the problems.