eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You could put a flashing neon sign on each and every box and I would still use the physical address label for package selection.
Good thing I write the addresses in neon green pen, apartment numbers circled, buisness names spelled out, I load at 100pph, checkmate.

(Only on Saturdays, they are lax at our center)

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
You could put a flashing neon sign on each and every box and I would still use the physical address label for package selection.
Which is the way it should be. Writing the HINs on the packages only helps the loader load in sequence. I loaded this way for six years, and heard nothing but compliments from drivers about my load quality.

CoolStoryBro

For nine years I've been on the preload and in that time I've learned that circling the label then writing the hin on the side creates more problems than it solves. Naturally I stopped using them for the last five years with no problems and much fewer misloads. Today my job was threatened by the center manager for no other reason than not using them. I just want to know why this is such a big deal and why they are pushing it so hard, every driver I've loaded for prefers a solid load over a hastily scrawled mess that is poorly loaded. Can we change this method or am I just pissing in the wind? If we can, then how? I mean fired over a crayon, I've dealt with harassment before but this is a new level of stupid.

Say it like this. "listen, M Fer, I'm a big boy and demand a sharpie. No more of this kindergarten level BS." Then ask for stewart.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't understand how preloaders can be expected to decently load all their cars without having to write on every package. How can doubling the amount of time it takes to do their job help anyone? I'm glad we don't do that in our center. I would have to have a chat with the preload sup and tell them to stop having my loader deface the packages.

MynameisNeigan

Personally as a driver I hate Hins, don’t use them at all. I much rather have the address on the visible side of the box instead of 4 Chinese looking numbers 1s looking like 7s. Etc.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Doesn’t matter, if they write in crayon, they still have to know numbers. they still load it on the wrong shelf, bury a 2000 pal under a 6000 pal on the wheel well. Good luck getting the pal label off the box especially when the spa person puts the pal right over the label and cannot scan it or see what apt it goes to