The loss of Black Friday as a holiday.

cachmeifucan

Get you vote no tee shirt and buttons soon to force them to do better. We need a national teamsters picnic to be held every year byob and food just need a good central location should be in july right b4 contract time . We need to do more to organize ourselves the members not our union can bring us all together. What areas are sloffa country Chicago definitely isn't I know a couple good parks IL pull the permit for next year

Doubleparkedrunner

No not at all, just looking at the current trends and thinking back to when we settled the contract early in 2007 and avoided getting our asses handed to us. History will be the ultimate judge, but with the shortest memory from people, like it always has.
Memory is fleeting on BoTH sides. If you disagree , then test us with a strike.

Doubleparkedrunner

I understand what you are saying but all RPCd's are going to be red circled. I know you don't want to hear this, but its in writing.
wait long enough and RPCDs will represent only 25% of the driving workforce. That's whether they are red circled or not.

There is currently language stating that the 25% FACADE can be increased with and from agreement on both sides. The only thing red circled is the number of RPCDs , not the percentage.
We all know UPS will need more and more drivers as the years progress. They'll just keep the same number of guaranteed RPCDs in service but steadily increase the 22.4 to eventually overtake and become the majority of the driving workforce.

Doubleparkedrunner

22.3 was created (I mean forced) to create full time jobs out of the current part time work.
AM and PM air driver was already a part time job so @Over disciplined0123 you are wrong.
UPS had to create the PAS system which created more jobs in Preload to help hit the contract required 22.3 job numbers.

22.4 is taking more of the part time work and adding new delivery work to create full time job opportunities.
Everyone is fixated on the pay of a 22.4 but they will be beginning the 4 year progression that FT M-friend already have.
Last time I checked, the 4 year FT M-friend driver progression is a joke that has underpaid drivers way before 22.4 existed.

We will have to see what the language is to make sure it isn't bastardized by UPS, which I agree with everyone is a major concern.
But do we really have to wait n se if it is bastardized or not?
I'm not at all being combative or sarcastic; is it not a given that it will be ?

I actually think that the idea is a good one as the 22.4 can progress to full time RPCD , I think that would be awesome but I have no faith that they won't manipulate it to fack everyone involved, do you?

JustDeliverIt

But do we really have to wait n se if it is bastardized or not?
I'm not at all being combative or sarcastic; is it not a given that it will be ?

I actually think that the idea is a good one as the 22.4 can progress to full time RPCD , I think that would be awesome but I have no faith that they won't manipulate it to fack everyone involved, do you?

Here is the way I am looking at it. These 22.4 are going to take over for the PTCD. On one hand, it's good. They will be considered full time and get the benefits of that (vacation and sick pay at full day, pension contribution, etc) and they can bid into the RPCD as their seniority allows them. In essence, they will be doing the same job they are doing now but be considered full time. Now, they will be the ones working weekends as well until they bid out.
But I feel the union dropped the ball with the aspect of pay. If these employees work inside, deliver (with the shortage of drivers I can't imagine many will work inside except for the lull after Christmas until vacations are in full swing) or a combination of both, it is still a full time job working a flexible schedule that the company dictates that will include weekend work.
They should be paid the same as any RPCD. That will not allow the company to bastardize the position.
And if the union really wants to protect us from the 70 hour work week like we asked, put simple and straight forward language that says so. Not this 22.4 job that will allow the company to abuse this job classification year round and abuse RPCD when they need to.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I haven't read this entire thread but DAT had no changes in the Atlantic supplement.

I received my little highlight sheet in the mail today. It had some new information but was still vague on the things most of us are worried about.

Tony Q

wait long enough and RPCDs will represent only 25% of the driving workforce. That's whether they are red circled or not.

There is currently language stating that the 25% FACADE can be increased with and from agreement on both sides. The only thing red circled is the number of RPCDs , not the percentage.
We all know UPS will need more and more drivers as the years progress. They'll just keep the same number of guaranteed RPCDs in service but steadily increase the 22.4 to eventually overtake and become the majority of the driving workforce.
Vote NO

F

Frankie's Friend

BTW homey...
Did you get your surepost homework done last night?

@Tony Q , you work for us son. Go to your room and stay off the computer until you get surepost fixed.

We gave you one simple job and you're too lazy to do it. SMH
FACT