The loss of Black Friday as a holiday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
And exactly right ups will add more 22.3 jobs which were supposed to be only hun and car wash work or work as directed no driving involved. But teamsters agreed 2 contracts ago and of course without the consent of the rank and file who pays thier salaries
Sounds like the 22.3 shell game all over again, but sure, I'll wait until next week (not by choice).

Word on the street is that the tentative agreement will be on UPS Rising sometime Tuesday?

Care to comment??....or am I breaking the news to you???

22.3 was created (I mean forced) to create full time jobs out of the current part time work.
AM and PM air driver was already a part time job so @Over disciplined0123 you are wrong.
UPS had to create the PAS system which created more jobs in Preload to help hit the contract required 22.3 job numbers.

22.4 is taking more of the part time work and adding new delivery work to create full time job opportunities.
Everyone is fixated on the pay of a 22.4 but they will be beginning the 4 year progression that FT M-friend already have.
Last time I checked, the 4 year FT M-friend driver progression is a joke that has underpaid drivers way before 22.4 existed.

We will have to see what the language is to make sure it isn't bastardized by UPS, which I agree with everyone is a major concern.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We will have to see what the language is to make sure it isn't bastardized by UPS, which I agree with everyone is a major concern.

It's probably the reason they recorded the negotiations this time.

Verbatim minutes is a great way to prevent that.

Another thing it will help accomplish, reduce the number of cases going to the Nation Panel

and cut down on arbitration cases. The meeting of the Nation Panel and arbitrations

is a huge expense.... for both sides.

-Bug-

Over disciplined0123

22.3 was created (I mean forced) to create full time jobs out of the current part time work.
AM and PM air driver was already a part time job so @Over disciplined0123 you are wrong.
UPS had to create the PAS system which created more jobs in Preload to help hit the contract required 22.3 job numbers.

22.4 is taking more of the part time work and adding new delivery work to create full time job opportunities.
Everyone is fixated on the pay of a 22.4 but they will be beginning the 4 year progression that FT M-friend already have.
Last time I checked, the 4 year FT M-friend driver progression is a joke that has underpaid drivers way before 22.4 existed.

Number 1 they were still short filling 22.3 jobs by 20,000. and 2nd why not promote current partimers to fill driver positions . All this is is a ploy to create a 2 tier wage system to lower the drivers wages ( I know it is no skin off my back or will this affect me in any way since I am about to retire) But I am and always will be prounion and so sick of corporate greed. And these CEOs getting million dollar bonus checks while the average American worker struggles

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Since when.... hasn't that happened ?

We have seen a drastic decrease in the number of drivers available over the past 3 years with a decrease in the number of routes put out each day. Yet at the same time we have seen an increase in the number of drivers fed up with a corresponding increase in the number of names on the 9.5 list.

BUG- We didn't hire one seasonal vacation driver this year!!

Just more conspiracy nut jobs.... from TDU.

You paint with a very broad stroke yet again. I am not saying TDU hasn't been pushing this but I am not TDU and it sure as hell looks like this is the intentions to me and a number of others I have talked to!

DirtySouth

Says who ?

If you have a verifiable source.... provide a link.

Since when.... hasn't that happened ?

Just more conspiracy nut jobs.... from TDU.

-Bug-

Paying one member $X per hour to do a job and then paying another member ($X - $6.00/hr) to do the same job is two tier.

From Wikipedia: Two-tier system - Wikipedia

A two-tier system is a type of payroll system in which one group of workers receives lower wages and/or employee benefits than another.[1]

The two-tier system of wages is usually established for one of three reasons:

• The employer wishes to better compensate more senior, ostensibly more experienced and productive workers without increasing overall wage costs.
  • The employer wishes to establish a pay for performance or merit pay wage scheme that compensates more productive employees without increasing overall wage costs.
  • The employer wishes to reduce overall wage costs by hiring new employees at a wage less than the wage of incumbent workers.[1][2]
A much less common system is the two-tier benefit system, which extends certain benefits to new employees only if they receive a promotion or are hired into the incumbent wage structure.[3][4][5]

That can be distinguished from traditional benefit structures, which permit employees to access a benefit, such a retirement pension or sabbatical leave, after they have achieved certain time-in-position levels.

Two-tier systems became more common in most industrialized economies in the late 1980s.[6][7] They are particularly attractive to companies with high rates of turnover for new hires, such as in retail, or with many high-wage, high-skilled employees about to retire.[8]

Such two-tier wage systems are often economically attractive to both employers and unions. Employers see immediate reductions in the cost of hiring new workers.[3] Existing union members see no wage reduction, and the number of new union members with lower wages is a substantial minority within the union and so is too small to prevent ratification.[3][6][8] Unions also find two-tier wage systems attractive because they encourage the employer to hire more workers.[3][6][9]

You've always been a decent guy and should be willing to call a spade a spade.

Oak

Oh, you are talking about in places like Utah, Seattle, New Your and other places with a higher minimum wage? Those places get not raises after this until the negotiated wages catch up.

Let me propose something to you. How about they don't raise your pension and start off the part timers at 15 an hour? Sixty dollars a year is pretty fair for a part time pension, isn't it? Do you really need the 65 dollars a year?
It's called inflation. Look it up.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's probably the reason they recorded the negotiations this time.

Verbatim minutes is a great way to prevent that.

Another thing it will help accomplish, reduce the number of cases going to the Nation Panel

and cut down on arbitration cases. The meeting of the Nation Panel and arbitrations

is a huge expense.... for both sides.

-Bug-

I was alway under the assumption that the negotiation committees always record their minutes. Maybe in the future they will have a live feed through video conferencing and the membership would actually have the ability to really see what is really going on. It sure would end all this speculation and rumors, again we need more transparence and participation instead of being separated from the process.

brett636

I don't know for sure, but my guess is we lose the DAT as an official holiday and gain Christmas Eve as a paid holiday. If we lost it entirely without gaining something in return then thats just bad negotiating on the part of our committee.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't know for sure, but my guess is we lose the DAT as an official holiday and gain Christmas Eve as a paid holiday. If we lost it entirely without gaining something in return then thats just bad negotiating on the part of our committee.
What difference would that make?

It would be a "virtual push", unless you think we may actually get Christmas Eve off....and that for sure ain't gonna happen.

JustDeliverIt

No trade involved, they're just taking it away and trying to give us a rover instead. Worth two days in my area, so I hope a one for two doesn't slip thru

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Automatic no vote without an additional option week given, if you want that day bad enough, give us something to want us to give it up. Not giving it up for nothing

F

Frankie's Friend

A bit maybe. But Bubblehead seems to think I should “cheer him on” because he makes quite a bit more money than FedEx drivers, gets triple pay then comes on here all big and bad? Ain’t gonna happen.

The rest of you, I do wish you guys the best. I mean that too. I have friends that are UPS drivers. If you can keep the DAT in your contract, well then more power to ‘ya!

One last thing. You guys really need to get rid of Jr. Hoffa.
He's moving on to the board of directors at FDX next year.