The loss of Black Friday as a holiday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The initial proposal in most supplements was either two holidays or two personal days in exchange for Black Friday.

I'm hearing that the company refused and many (if not all areas) are having to settle for a 1-for-1 trade. Personally, I'd rather we just tell the company no and force them to pay OT/Double Time nationwide as they've been doing the last 5 years or so.

They would actually save money in overtime/double time by trading two-for-one in this fashion; the company is just better at saying 'no' than we are.
We were paid double time here. That's worth 2 days as far as I'm concerned. Either keep it as a holiday with double time or give us 2 days. If they want to make it a work day it's that simple.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On the New England Supplement conference call, Sean mentioned that they suggested to UPS to replace DAT with MLK Day.
It was refused by UPS. (????????????)
Not sure if Sean asked for a working holiday or a complete day off but UPS better get their head out of their ass !!!
MLK and Veterans Day in my opinion.

Two holidays the post office is closed on and many other people don't work also.

MattM

For me at my current rate, a 4 hr holiday loss is worth about 83 working hours, which is about a months worth of work.

(Math wise, my pt $14.50 is worth about $68, which would take 83 hours of $.70/hr raises to obtain).

They say it's just a day but even for small time pters, it's really bad. I can't imagine losing big time hours as a ft driver.

They say it's just a day but we need that back.

8% of my working hours per year will be just trying to get that lost holiday pay back. Ridiculous