BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Thanks, I'd like to stay here and am being paranoid about my work performance is all.
Most important lesson I ever had to learn here:
When you punch out at the end of the morning, you leave all the garbage there.

Save yourself the mileage. As the only good supervisor I ever had once told me, "it's just cardboard".

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've been slacking off and dumping irregs in as I see them. Bit messier than usual. The common causality is that the top shelf (largest space but highest # of constraints) has been *$)@%'d in some way but it's easier to notice the issue than to fix it on PAS, where it often makes more sense to leave stuff on the correct shelf no matter what. If you find a way to tighten up a few stops then sink your teeth in and don't let go because it might be the only easy space you get in that car for the day.

Amazon is what's doing it, we need USPS style tote sorting on some days but we only have a small number of cardboard square totes instead to fight over.

Last edited:

KevinWhipaloo

What are some signs that a preload wouldn't pass their probation?

What are some signs that a preload would pass their probation?

I'm about 20 days in of my 30, and I haven't heard anything from anyone. I've never been late or missed a day, I start nearly on the same time as everyone else. They had a few people out this week so I had filled in their spot, but I'm not sure if they're using me as a temp or not.

Inputnamehere

I'm about 20 days in of my 30, and I haven't heard anything from anyone. I've never been late or missed a day, I start nearly on the same time as everyone else. They had a few people out this week so I had filled in their spot, but I'm not sure if they're using me as a temp or not.
You seem too worried. IMO I’m guessing you’re fine. Just keep trying your best. The fact that you’re a warm body in the building is usually enough, unless you really suck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
a place for preload venting.. from the seasoned vet to the newbie

without us, who else is gonna have the trucks set up to hit the streets??

yea I respect the drivers.. long hrs driving.. the stress and fatigue.. 200 stops in a day.. I couldn't do it.

We preloaders go thru it too.. especially during peak..
We have fans on the line. Seems to vent rather well.

takesteady

Love it when a pt sup makes you haphazardly throw multiple irregs that block four shelves into a truck so that the 'belt' is clear. Who cares that the driver will inevitably remove it anyways.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Love it when a pt sup makes you haphazardly throw multiple irregs that block four shelves into a truck so that the 'belt' is clear. Who cares that the driver will inevitably remove it anyways.
Reminds me of the old retiree who would say friend it and close the passenger door, load 5-6 irregs by the jump seat and take off.
The company really is failing with all the 1980-90's gals retiring.

KevinWhipaloo

I got the flu early Saturday morning and slept the whole today. Today I can hardly walk from my body aches. Since I'm about 20 days in my probation, do I go into work anyway and tell them about? Or just call in sick? Should I get a hold of my HR person?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you can fog a mirror and show up most of the time

you’ll be a superstar

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I got the flu early Saturday morning and slept the whole today. Today I can hardly walk from my body aches. Since I'm about 20 days in my probation, do I go into work anyway and tell them about? Or just call in sick? Should I get a hold of my HR person?

take some aspirin and go to work

Stay home. A lot of routes are cut on Monday anyway.

Inputnamehere

Personally I would go to work and tough it out. If it gets too bad have them send you home. Gets you an extra day and shows that you’re dedicated.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

@Birdblue