the Preload vent

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BeardGang, Dec 8, 2019.

1. KevinWhipaloo

KevinWhipaloo Member

This is serious, maybe I should have made a separate thread on it

I want to report it and I do feel the threat had some legitimate merit behind it

The problem is that he already has a criminal record, and I'm worried he might pursuit me if he gets terminated

If he doesn't get terminated then I could have a bad reputation

2. Alamo Joe

Alamo Joe Member

Pre loaders nowadays don’t have a clue. Try no chart knowledge and keeping up with stop counts. We didn’t have all the misloads y’all do either.

3. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Coronavirus? What coronavirus?

Again, we need some context here.
    People don't (generally) walk up to another person and start threatening them for absolutely nothing.
    What was the situation?

4. BadIdeaGuy

Y'all also didn't have the piece count we do.
    Pretending the job has gotten easier is like pretending package car driving has gotten easier.

--It hasn't.
    The job has changed, and they have replaced (in both cases), some of the skill that used to be required with more muscle.

That's all.
    Drivers now have maps, but they are expected to run off lots more stops.
    Preloaders get told where boxes go, but are expected to load more.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Masked and ready

especially when it's "pieces" and they blatantly ignore the weight. Most of the time those knobheads are off the street rats.

6. JJinVA

JJinVA Active Member

Just kill 'em. When you get out of the penn you'll have street cred and respek and ppl will know not to talk to you like that.

Or just report him to HR and get him fired either way will probably solve the problem

7. Infamous

Infamous Member

Maybe ill stick to unloading trailers, FYI we have no convaer belts all push rollers

8. Infamous

Infamous Member

You sound like the rest of them.

9. Infamous

Infamous Member

1 box at a time. Dont work hard at all.

10. Infamous

Infamous Member

They just being :censored2:s. When you stop caring they will leave you alone

11. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

He might just be trying to flirt, and is really bad at it? Next time this happens, whip it out and see where it goes

12. AwashBwashCwash

AwashBwashCwash Active Member

Are you guys serious about this "1 box at a time" nonsense?
    Is your pull just 1 package car or something? Maybe half a package car?

13. KevinWhipaloo

KevinWhipaloo Member

I've pulled 8+ hour shifts the last two weeks, worked 12 out of 14 days, and now my body is feeling. My feet and hands are sore and my legs are tight, am I poorly recovering or abusing my body too much?

Is this typical during peak?

14. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

First job doing physical labor? Your body will adapt to the increased workload or it will crumble. UPS is a meat grinder, only the strong survive.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. KevinWhipaloo

KevinWhipaloo Member

This would be my 4th month doing this, never felt as worse as this

16. Shift Inhibit

Yep, now do it for 30 more years... it’s totally normal to be sore after starting out. Drink plenty of water, try & eat healthy & take Advil

17. Shift Inhibit

But if you’re this sore after another month or so, you’re probably working too fast. Work at your fastest, safest speed while using their methods. When u fall behind, it’s management’s problem, not yours

18. BadIdeaGuy

Enjoy that paycheck, brother.
    UPS likes to whiplash change part timers from 3.5 hours to full time.
    Make the money while you can.

Gloves if you aren't using them. Otherwise your hands will start to split bad.
    The pain will go away after a while, leaving a numb fatigue.

Make sure they're paying you OT after 5.

19. Two things I figured out. Working at ups is like endurance weightlifting. The only reason why preloaders don't get cut as hell is because most preloaders don't realize that when you are pushing weight for four hours five days a week, your body nutrition needs change radically and you can't out excercise a bad diet.

1. Next time you go to the store pick up some whey protein powder. You're feeling wrecked because you've been going to work and basically lifting weights for 4 damn hrs. The protein needs of your body have gone way up and that's why you feel so run down all the time. Within a couple days you will feel the difference.
    2. Get some glucosamine and chondroitin vitamin supplements. It will help your joints recover from the strain you put them under by the lifting you're doing.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  20. BadIdeaGuy

Lol.
    Or.
    And this is just a thought.
    The preloaders can stop grabbing things out of the vending machine.
    Bring an apple to work.
    Eat real food instead of garbage.
    Don't need all that stuff you're talking about.
    Apart from that, I agree with the general idea.