The Sad New UPS.

Richard Cranium

We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
They don't care when someone retires after 35 years full time let alone 23 part time. Get your watch or leather jacket from the union hall & start collecting that pension.

rod

Retired 22 years
My last day was just like any other. Even up to the last week they were still trying to get more production out of me. Like that was going to happen. I wasn't expecting anything and got just that. Not even a mention at my last AM. Did my regular days route-punched out and went to the saloon.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My last day was just like any other. Even up to the last week they were still trying to get more production out of me. Like that was going to happen. I wasn't expecting anything and got just that. Not even a mention at my last AM. Did my regular days route-punched out and went to the saloon.
Definitely understandable! :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
They don't care when someone retires after 35 years full time let alone 23 part time. Get your watch or leather jacket from the union hall & start collecting that pension.

From the Union I got a nice tool kit, a fancy Teamsters pen and a set of license plates frames that say "Retired Teamster".

DOK

We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
That's on your current management team in your building. A decent one will have some sort of recognition at the pcm if the employee agrees to it, not all want the recognition.

ManInBrown

Wow. That's horrible. Just from reading your posts here you were a long time employee. Not even a mention on your last day in the PCM? And you went on road and worked? That's just awful. I can understand guys not caring about the dumb plaques. I toss my safe driving awards right in the trash can when they hand them to me. But last day, and not a mention?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Wow. That's horrible. Just from reading your posts here you were a long time employee. Not even a mention on your last day in the PCM? And you went on road and worked? That's just awful. I can understand guys not caring about the dumb plaques. I toss my safe driving awards right in the trash can when they hand them to me. But last day, and not a mention?

After 34 1/2 years, I didn't want any kind of ceremony when I left. My center manager pleaded to have something, and since he was a pretty good guy, I relented.

Cake, coffee for everyone and flowers for my wife. Made him happy, but we could have done without.

ManInBrown

After 34 1/2 years, I didn't want any kind of ceremony when I left. My center manager pleaded to have something, and since he was a pretty good guy, I relented.

Cake, coffee for everyone and flowers for my wife. Made him happy, but we could have done without.
Absolutely if you don't want it, it's one thing. But Rod never said he told them that. I'd be the same way. I'd rather just be there one day, gone the next nice and quiet.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I declined all my safe driving awards and never ate the stale donuts or pizza for my last decade or so. I knew the party was a big deal to my mgr, and I could have been a giant cock and ruined it but I ate that cake, shook his fat hand for the pic and so forth.

We had a lot of bad history and very little good. He was an ass and but shined once in a great while.

I worked my last two days and filed two grievances. One over 9.5, one over 8.5 on a no OT request. Got my check on my final weeks of vacay then officially retired.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Full retirement age is 64 here. It was 25/30 years and age 55? or 60? Locally. Anyway, I'm much more interested in other things besides a underfunded pension plan.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

You shoulda called in sick that day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm too cold for that!
No wall of awards ... just a little spot in the great room with the curio and a picture I had of Jim Casey's desk.
I bought over a hundred of the little traction PC's and we give to kids when they visit. I think we are down below 20 left.
Nothing else in my house about UPS.