The Sad New UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After 34 1/2 years, I didn't want any kind of ceremony when I left. My center manager pleaded to have something, and since he was a pretty good guy, I relented.

Cake, coffee for everyone and flowers for my wife. Made him happy, but we could have done without.
I came in at noon on my last day for my retirement luncheon and left after the luncheon.
I've been back 3 times to visit during my group's Angel Gifts for needy kids in early December.

Note: Almost all retirees in Corporate have a retirement dinner off site with selected people (usually higher management come if they are in town). I wanted to share with my fellow employees, so I insisted on having an onsite luncheon where all my UPS friends could come. It worked out great.

Indecisi0n

We had a 30+ year driver retire and there was nothing done. Why I am no snowflake , I still have to admit that for a guy who has dedicated that much of his life for the company at least give an honorable mention at a PCM would be nice.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We had a 30+ year driver retire and there was nothing done. Why I am no snowflake , I still have to admit that for a guy who has dedicated that much of his life for the company at least give an honorable mention at a PCM would be nice.
No motivation to do so.
I don't think UPS measures "Recognition".

Slow walker

We had a guy retire last summer with 40 years part time and the drivers bought his cake. You can't blame this new management ups is hiring for not knowing or caring. They're not allowed to make any decisions without asking someone from corporate. I guess that's what happens when you graduate bottom 2% of your local online community college.

raceanoncr

I ORDERED no big hoopla. Feeder mangler asked if they could, at least, get pizza. I said if you get it for ALL feeder people, not just ones when my ass is scooting out the door.

I didn't want all those smiley TIES shaking my hand and patting my back on this day when, for the last 32, they were trying to fire me or stick a knife in my back.

Johney

I have to say most of you all work in some pretty :censored2:ty places. Here they give out safety awards once a month,service awards when needed and usually cake and juice/waters for retirements Then again that was when I was in package still and haven't been for a couple of years.

extranatty

Most people who made a bad decision stop doing whatever it is they were doing. Then we have people who continue making the same bad decision for 25, 30, 40 years. They deserve respect and recognition because without these special people; society would not function.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
People in my hub are getting cake and coffee just for passing their probation period.

They're giving out t-shirts, hats and LL Bean pullovers for the preloaders who make their 30 days. In reality they just need to get rid of all the extra crap they accrued over Christmas.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No wall of awards ... just a little spot in the great room with the curio and a picture I had of Jim Casey's desk.
I bought over a hundred of the little traction PC's and we give to kids when they visit. I think we are down below 20 left.
Nothing else in my house about UPS.
Was that the desk that Jim and Claude (I think that was his name) had when starting the company under the sidewalk office in Seattle???? Where is that desk now???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They're giving out t-shirts, hats and LL Bean pullovers for the preloaders who make their 30 days. In reality they just need to get rid of all the extra crap they accrued over Christmas.
I'm surprised they would spring for lol bean stuff....they are too cheap for that...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
As crazy as it sounds, some guys request there be no pomp and circumstance. This job has a higher number of introverted people than most.