The Sad New UPS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As crazy as it sounds, some guys request there be no pomp and circumstance. This job has a higher number of introverted people than most.
That would be me. When I retire I'll throw the party at some local watering hole. I don't need hundreds of management people from all over the country stopping by the center for tearful good byes.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had about 15 safety awards collecting dust in my center. Got mine and it was 2 months past the date. Yep thanks
I would take mine straight to the garbage cans out by the fuel pumps... just have to smash it in there between all of the empty rockstar cans and piss bottles...that s means NOTHING to me...nothing!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That would be me. When I retire I'll throw the party at some local watering hole. I don't need hundreds of management people from all over the country stopping by the center for tearful good byes.
You would be lucky to get the other center manager from your sister center in the building to come over.... only reason would be to get some free cake and punch... don't kid yourself..lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
Who cares. I'd love to just not show up one day and be retired.

Or call management while I'm gone on vacation and tell them I'm retiring.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I would take mine straight to the garbage cans out by the fuel pumps... just have to smash it in there between all of the empty rockstar cans and piss bottles...that s means NOTHING to me...nothing!!!
Then why does everybody get so upset about it?

I thought millennials were the trophy generation?

Star B

White Lightening
Then why does everybody get so upset about it?
I thought millennials were the trophy generation?
I'd venture to guess the disconnect from management and the workers. "Congrats on working safe for 20 years". Two minutes later "WORK FASTER AND UNSAFE!!! PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't stand doublespeak and I hate it when my manager does it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd venture to guess the disconnect from management and the workers. "Congrats on working safe for 20 years". Two minutes later "WORK FASTER AND UNSAFE!!! PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't stand doublespeak and I hate it when my manager does it.
Everybody is complaining they don't get them, so where's the double speak?