The Sad New UPS.

brownIEman

Wow. That's horrible. Just from reading your posts here you were a long time employee. Not even a mention on your last day in the PCM? And you went on road and worked? That's just awful. I can understand guys not caring about the dumb plaques. I toss my safe driving awards right in the trash can when they hand them to me. But last day, and not a mention?

Wait.
I agree what the OP is describing I feel is unacceptable and I would not allow it to happen in an operation I was in (I did buy a cake out of my own pocket once).

However, I just have to point out the hypocrisy in your post. You're going to basically spit in managements face when they try and give you recognition and then get indignant about it when they don't at the end? Pick a lane man.

PhatPattheRiverRat

Exactly this. I have been p/t for a few months and already know I am a number. I expect nothing and really don't care. Pay me, I'll be happy.

Working for past ungrateful employers has been good practice for UPS. The days of corporations pretending to care for their employers are over, for the most part...08 recession solidified that. Mostly at my center, drivers and p/t'ers are treated as annoyances by our center manager, supes, DM, you name it. Just seems to be how it is. Why you got to look out for yourself. They won't.

F

Frankie's Friend

Wait.
I agree what the OP is describing I feel is unacceptable and I would not allow it to happen in an operation I was in (I did buy a cake out of my own pocket once).

However, I just have to point out the hypocrisy in your post. You're going to basically spit in managements face when they try and give you recognition and then get indignant about it when they don't at the end? Pick a lane man.
Why do you carry cake around in your pocket?

Brownbrigade1

We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
They don't care when someone retires after 35 years full time let alone 23 part time. Get your watch or leather jacket from the union hall & start collecting that pension.

You get a watch or jacket?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
We had a part timer retire after 23 years. Not one Thank You, Cake, or management acknowledgement. Co-workers shook hands and wished well. Two weeks later two people earned 20 years of part time service. They saw their plaques on the catwalk. Not one mention from the Supervisor. Self-service! How hard is it to have a PCM and say thank you once in awhile.
I will call in on my last day to avoid any celebration. It is so doochie and drivers get pissed because they can't leave as early

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My last day was no big deal.
My customers showered me with gifts.....cases of Bourbon and Scotch.

Several Drivers went to a Strip Club that night with me.

Saw my center manager at a restaurant about a month after I retired.
Walk up to him shook his hand and told him to swallow a sack of donkey excrement.