The Sad New UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From what I've been told most of them didn't even end up being grabbed
I would say that's true but was it so terrible to donate the leftovers to a shelter?

Or the last year maybe two we got a voucher that you took to the store. Ups only paid if you got a turkey so what was wrong with that?

ibleedbrown

it varies building to building and center to center. in our building we get cake, pizza and pop for 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 etc etc. and no i do not work in the BOG.

ManInBrown

We had a guy retire last summer with 40 years part time and the drivers bought his cake. You can't blame this new management ups is hiring for not knowing or caring. They're not allowed to make any decisions without asking someone from corporate. I guess that's what happens when you graduate bottom 2% of your local online community college.
Pretty sure Tears in Rain was bottom 1%

ManInBrown

I would take mine straight to the garbage cans out by the fuel pumps... just have to smash it in there between all of the empty rockstar cans and piss bottles...that s means NOTHING to me...nothing!!!
I wouldn't even bother going to th ecans by the fuel pumps. I'd toss it right in the garbage at the PCM. Dead serious we have drivers who have been handed the award and they toss it right in the Can by the handoff.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I wouldn't even bother going to th ecans by the fuel pumps. I'd toss it right in the garbage at the PCM. Dead serious we have drivers who have been handed the award and they toss it right in the Can by the handoff.
I've even seen it some in one smooth motion. Take it , turn , Toss it into garbage. All one motion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wouldn't even bother going to the cans by the fuel pumps. I'd toss it right in the garbage at the PCM. Dead serious we have drivers who have been handed the award and they toss it right in the Can by the handoff.
And people wonder why management employees don't care?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hear your generation cry about it more, especially on here, meanwhile @Monkey Butt doesn't care at all. This topic comes up every so often and if it isn't about the years of service it is about those gosh darn turkeys.
"My" generation... lmao... think you are co fusing me with the green bastards generation...most of my peers that are the same age here dgaf ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'd venture to guess the disconnect from management and the workers. "Congrats on working safe for 20 years". Two minutes later "WORK FASTER AND UNSAFE!!! PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't stand doublespeak and I hate it when my manager does it.
Safety here has always been a joke.... you go into feeder and it gets a little better but they are just like any other corporation, people dont matter to them at the end of the day...period.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I came in at noon on my last day for my retirement luncheon and left after the luncheon.
I've been back 3 times to visit during my group's Angel Gifts for needy kids in early December.

Note: Almost all retirees in Corporate have a retirement dinner off site with selected people (usually higher management come if they are in town). I wanted to share with my fellow employees, so I insisted on having an onsite luncheon where all my UPS friends could come. It worked out great.
Did @scratch MC the event???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No motivation to do so.
I don't think UPS measures "Recognition".
I know they measured how many times you walked to and from the restroom and your spins-per-hour in your executive chair and I have to say, I thought you would be a little more quick than what I was told by your superiors....it's actually disappointing you coming from operations and all...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
20170725_162937.jpg
Here's an example of how things used to be in that respect.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
My last day was just like any other. Even up to the last week they were still trying to get more production out of me. Like that was going to happen. I wasn't expecting anything and got just that. Not even a mention at my last AM. Did my regular days route-punched out and went to the saloon.
How's your 16+ years of retirement been?