The split is real.

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Some drivers I've spoken to at my hub will sell out the pt's and vote in favor of (22.4) this contract and it annoys me. They are part of the "I got mines' club". I had hoped we would be together as brothers since I thought we were Teamsters, but how so if our own leadership is selling us out just as much?¿!

Came across this and I share the views of this article.
Check out

AwashBwashCwash

Some drivers I've spoken to at my hub will sell out the pt's and vote in favor of (22.4) this contract and it annoys me. They are part of the "I got mines' club". I had hoped we would be together as brothers since I thought we were Teamsters, but how so if our own leadership is selling us out just as much?¿!
Oh please, part-timers were sold out a looooooooong time ago. There's nothing left to sell out.
I mean maybe we could vote to have part-time pay reduced to $7.25 an hour and use the extra money to put fans in the all drivers' trucks?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Oh please, part-timers were sold out a looooooooong time ago. There's nothing left to sell out.
I mean maybe we could vote to have part-time pay reduced to $7.25 an hour and use the extra money to put fans in the all drivers' trucks?
Not without a unanimous vote by the safety committee

Indecisi0n

Came across this and I share the views of this article.
Check out
While I understand your point, you do realize you guys pretty much make up the majority right? You guys could do so much if you pulled together.

PaulWall

As far as part-timers isn't there more of them then there is full-time employees?

We can't allow this contract to pass. The 22.4 jobs will hurt any full-time drivers paycheck. Tell me if a 22.4 driver is guaranteed 40 hours a week where they going to get that 40 hours from if they're not going to take it from a regular package car driver.

Excessive overtime is one thing, many drivers want some overtime. That will disappear. UPS is going to use the cheapest method to deliver the package.

There are a few good things about the pension provisions provided, healthcare package. But ultimately the company is telling the union you take this or we won't give you that. The only ones that stand to benefit from the current proposed contract is the union and the company.

The union because of the increased membership. (I guarantee you that 25% of every centers package drivers will be 22.4 drivers.)

UPS, Because they have created a position that does the same thing as a package driver but are going to be paying them significantly less. They will ultimately reduce their overtime paid.

Okay I'm going to get off the soap box now.

brown_trousers

Some drivers I've spoken to at my hub will sell out the pt's and vote in favor of (22.4) this contract and it annoys me. They are part of the "I got mines' club". I had hoped we would be together as brothers since I thought we were Teamsters

Its an unfortunate truth.

Even if we stood together voting this contract down, the part timers will still lose.

Full timers will renegotiate the fixes they want on 22.4, then vote yes, and sell out the part timers

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Its an unfortunate truth.

Even if we stood together voting this contract down, the part timers will still lose.

Full timers will renegotiate the fixes they want on 22.4, then vote yes, and sell out the part timers
Not at all possible if part timers would do their part and vote. You're upset about some full time yes votes, but indifferent to part timers not voting at all?

Part timers have the numbers to sell out full timers, in a landslide.

brown_trousers

Not at all possible if part timers would do their part and vote. You're upset about some full time yes votes, but indifferent to part timers not voting at all?

Part timers have the numbers to sell out full timers, in a landslide.
There it is! Thats the truth of the situation. The concept of brotherhood is dead. Everyone is in this for themselves.

I made progression many years ago and have one foot out the door, so it doesnt affect me too much. But from my perspective, i see a membership divided by their own self interests, coming up with excuses to justify a selfish vote that is not in everyones best interest.

Staydryitsraining

As far as part-timers isn't there more of them then there is full-time employees?

We can't allow this contract to pass. The 22.4 jobs will hurt any full-time drivers paycheck. Tell me if a 22.4 driver is guaranteed 40 hours a week where they going to get that 40 hours from if they're not going to take it from a regular package car driver.

Excessive overtime is one thing, many drivers want some overtime. That will disappear. UPS is going to use the cheapest method to deliver the package.

There are a few good things about the pension provisions provided, healthcare package. But ultimately the company is telling the union you take this or we won't give you that. The only ones that stand to benefit from the current proposed contract is the union and the company.

The union because of the increased membership. (I guarantee you that 25% of every centers package drivers will be 22.4 drivers.)

UPS, Because they have created a position that does the same thing as a package driver but are going to be paying them significantly less. They will ultimately reduce their overtime paid.

Around 150k pters of the 260 total.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
There it is! Thats the truth of the situation. The concept of brotherhood is dead. Everyone is in this for themselves.

I made progression many years ago and have one foot out the door, so it doesnt affect me too much. But from my perspective, i see a membership divided by their own self interests, coming up with excuses to justify a selfish vote that is not in everyones best interest.

Thank you!

I'm a part timer, and I'm stuck with this reality. I stand with the drivers 100%. This contract has the potential to ruin a lot of people's livelihoods, if they are suddenly working only 4 days a week, since combo drivers took their Monday work.

It needs to be stopped.
But at the same time I'm also aware that my odds of receiving catch up raises, or a higher start rate are incredibly slim. Once the full timers get what they want, they'll be on their merry way.

I can't count on the full timers. They'd sell out for their own gain.
I can't count on my fellow part timers. They'll sell out for their own personal gain, too. Or just cast an indirect yes vote, through not voting.

Still nothing to do but keep making a stand, though. I'm in this for the group. Regardless of my own outcome.

I appreciate how well you summed up this issue. :)

Grey

There are so many FT drivers that would prefer light days or to go home that it won’t be a problem.

Thank you!

I'm a part timer, and I'm stuck with this reality. I stand with the drivers 100%. This contract has the potential to ruin a lot of people's livelihoods, if they are suddenly working only 4 days a week, since combo drivers took their Monday work.

It needs to be stopped.
But at the same time I'm also aware that my odds of receiving catch up raises, or a higher start rate are incredibly slim. Once the full timers get what they want, they'll be on their merry way.

I can't count on the full timers. They'd sell out for their own gain.
I can't count on my fellow part timers. They'll sell out for their own personal gain, too. Or just cast an indirect yes vote, through not voting.

Still nothing to do but keep making a stand, though. I'm in this for the group. Regardless of my own outcome.

I appreciate how well you summed up this issue. :)
You think I’ll have to work 4 day weeks now instead of only 2 or 3? That’s just not right.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You think I’ll have to work 4 day weeks now instead of only 2 or 3? That’s just not right.

I beg to disagree.

Possibly it won't affect YOUR personal center, but it just makes sense.

If ground is delivered over the weekends, instead of just weekdays, then there will be less work on Mondays.
Mondays are already light here.
UPS takes this opportunity to cut routes.
Now they would be able to cut far more routes.
More drivers would be sent home.
All because of that beautiful language "if work is available", that applies solely to RPCDs.

Do the math. It is simple. Compare your current wage, to that of a 22.4 driver. If your number is greater than the 22.4 pay grade, they'll ALWAYS try to use the combo driver.

Do share, if I am off base, here.

I beg to disagree.

Possibly it won't affect YOUR personal center, but it just makes sense.

If ground is delivered over the weekends, instead of just weekdays, then there will be less work on Mondays.
Mondays are already light here.
UPS takes this opportunity to cut routes.
Now they would be able to cut far more routes.
More drivers would be sent home.
All because of that beautiful language "if work is available", that applies solely to RPCDs.

Do the math. It is simple. Compare your current wage, to that of a 22.4 driver. If your number is greater than the 22.4 pay grade, they'll ALWAYS try to use the combo driver.

Do share, if I am off base, here.
I’m lucky to work 2 days a week. Thinking about working for a fdx ground contractor 3 days a week.