The YES vote on the ups freight contract will be strong

Strnspeed01

Ok, guys. A freight driver is here. Let's go ahead and clarify this. We DID NOT ask for more money. The only few things we wanted was the subcontracting to be addressed and reduced, raises that keep up with inflation and better language in the contract. That's all.... I personally feel that they are testing the waters to see how much they can take from us in 2023.

goldridge

I work city pnd at a small UPS Freight terminal. The word through the grapevine, from our road drivers, is that the larger terminals are voting no. That's what I've heard the past few weeks. We will find out soon.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ok, guys. A freight driver is here. Let's go ahead and clarify this. We DID NOT ask for more money. The only few things we wanted was the subcontracting to be addressed and reduced, raises that keep up with inflation and better language in the contract. That's all.... I personally feel that they are testing the waters to see how much they can take from us in 2023.

You should be asking for more money...What UPS is offering to you guys and gals is far below what the cost of living inflation will be over the next 5 years...If they offered the same GWI to the package division it would be a no brainer that we would of been striking on 1 August.

If it is voted down they will go back to the table, any bad press at this time would not be worth it for the company. Any subcontracting language is concessionary and at one time was never, never put on the table.

It would conceivable that the 2023 contract is currently and quietly being negotiated and timetables are being put in place, subject to change with the change of leadership that will occur in 2021.

Whatever the vote happens to be, you have vast support from the package division by the people who matter..

over9five

Staff member
Whatever the vote happens to be, you have vast support from the package division by the people who matter..

Lol, by the ones who didn't bother to vote and screwed us all.
Our freight brothers should be laughing at us (and hoping they don't do the same thing today).
Get out there and vote guys, don't be fools like our people were.

Last edited:

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I have been wanting to talk to a freight guy but I haven't seen anyone on the road for over a week
I ran into a freight guy on Wednesday, he's a driver as well as a member of their Executive board. He stated that quite a few of the folks were switching to a "yes" vote. He went on to tell me how they had already laid people off and consolidated the routes.

I ran into a freight guy on Wednesday, he's a driver as well as a member of their Executive board. He stated that quite a few of the folks were switching to a "yes" vote. He went on to tell me how they had already laid people off and consolidated the routes.
I usually see several a day, I'm in a big industrial area. I haven't seen one driver in over a week. My customers that use freight also got an email telling them to use someone else.

Buckethead

Subcontracting has always been an issue, but no matter what they put in the contract about it, they always violate or ignore (LHD) it. And no matter how many grievances are turned in, the issue is never addressed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
45877063_10216069175554469_5101242956514328576_n.jpg